• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Remy Hadley

Remy Hadley

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,884 posts
  • Interests:♥ baby names ♥ pasta ♥ sherlock holmes ♥ knitting / crocheting ♥ hiking ♥ dogs ♥ sea creatures ♥ birds ♥ nature documentaries ♥ peaceful parenting ♥ cooking ♥

Posted 06 November 2012 - 08:25 AM

It makes sense. I started working at a infants/childrens clothing store and now I'm starting to notice just how popular some baby names are!!

All in one four hour shift I met two Sophia's, three Jack's, a Caiden, Brayden, Benjamin, Thomas, etc. I can't remember all the kiddo's names, cause I meet so many in a day. I'm not entirely sure on spelling, none of the mums exactly call out to their kids like "Caiden! C-A-I-D-E-N Caiden get over here please!" lol. I wish they did though, out of curiosity ;) Its peculiar actually, I've been working there a little over a month now and I haven't met a Jacob yet. Quite a few Jack's, but no Jacobs. (which is also adorable because the store I work at's name is Janie and Jack, and we get little Jacks in there! hehe <3). And honestly, while working here it is making me realize that I will not name my child Sophia or Caiden or such, or at least not as a first name. Seeing just how many are in that particular mall is enough to realize that your kid would be Sophia E. or Caiden E. or whatever.

Oh, also! A few girls I used to go to school with have had kids. A little girl was born a couple days ago, Skylar Emily. And another girl had a baby Ayden, I don't know his middle name. A few months ago there was a Damien and a Layla Grace. (my high school seemed to be having an issue with teen pregnancy though.. there were quite a few babies I haven't heard about. Not that I try and keep up with the drama). And I know a girl I went to school with way back in private school has a one/two year old kid named Brayden and she's pregnant with her second.

On a side note, I've definitely met kids with interesting names! I met a little girl that idk how to spell it put it sounded like Asa with a little more of Z sound in there. Like Aza? I'm not sure, but she was a darling little girl. And another one was Johna. I'm not sure how she spelled that either, but it sounded like shawna with a J.

There are many more, I just can't remember them all! :) Random thoughts here, haha. Anyone else notice these things or anything?
  • kelsie__ likes this

#2 Katie-Nana

Katie-Nana

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Super Moderators
  • 6,652 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 09:56 AM

I went to highschool with a Johna, spelled just the way you have it. I always thought it was an interesting name.

Some of my facebook friends kid's names are ...

Emory (b ) & Eden (g)
Davis & Sophie
Brae (short for something but not sure what), August "Jude" & Miles.
Tristan
Trenton & Marissa
Chasity
Brooke
Ashlee & Harmony
Kathryn "Ryn"
Eli
Carter (with sibling on the way)
Gracie & Emily
Knox
Anberlin
Blayden
Brenden & Jacob
Will & Wren
Maya
Michael, Nathan & Anthony
Trace

#3 Mishada

Mishada

Superstar Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 612 posts
  • Interests:Stuff, I guess.

Posted 06 November 2012 - 11:00 AM

Hmm, a lot of people I went to high school with (class of '09) have a kid now. Let me fb stalk them and check.

Kyndel May (her mom was class of '10)
James Donovan
Maiya
Liliana (this girl's mom is a friend of a friend. She's a year older than me and just had another baby... can't recall the name)
Brenna Nykole

... and probably others.

#4 Katie-Nana

Katie-Nana

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Super Moderators
  • 6,652 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 03:07 PM

Another one,

Evan, Eli & Kennedy

...I think the girl name stands out a bit :\

#5 kelsie__

kelsie__

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,538 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 03:48 PM

I know a Johnna!

And you aren't the only ones with teen pregnany problems!! There's a ton around here!! I'll post their names later! Gotta do homework :D

#6 ShannonElizabeth

ShannonElizabeth

Power Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 830 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 05:28 PM

One of my instructors is Jona. I think it's pronounced John-Ah. But it could be Joan-Ah.
Depends on who you ask.. Haha.

Also a girl I went to junior high with (Grades 7-9 for you who have "Middle School") just had a baby. (It's so weird considering we are both 18 and I do want kids but I know I don't right now... It's just strange seeing her with a kid.) She named her Kenzie Marie.

#7 Tora

Tora

Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 06:03 PM

You definitely aren't the only town with a teen pregnancy issue. I don't have space nor time to list all of them from my town :/
But here are some of the more recent/interesting ones:
Xander Xavier (born four days ago)
Leviathan nn. Levi Kristopher(probably around a year old now and I swear to God this is his real name.)
Paige Madison (A friend's baby)
Payne Justin
Ernest Arnold Jr. nn. Baby Ernie

#8 Remy Hadley

Remy Hadley

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • 7,884 posts
  • Interests:♥ baby names ♥ pasta ♥ sherlock holmes ♥ knitting / crocheting ♥ hiking ♥ dogs ♥ sea creatures ♥ birds ♥ nature documentaries ♥ peaceful parenting ♥ cooking ♥

Posted 15 November 2012 - 06:56 PM

Mmm, its funny to see all the pregnant teens around here. Most of them are from my town! :blush: Like, I know surrounding towns definitely have issues with it and all.. theres one town next to me that has a serious issue with it as well. But considering my town isn't the biggest (not minuscule, but pretty small!).. idk, its so strange <3 I'm so curious to know all the names of the babies from that high school! but idk.

In the private school I went to, that was religious and all, all the girls are encouraged to marry and such fairly early. And I know quite a few girls my age or a little older who are married and trying to conceive. I haven't kept up with them, either. For the most part. But I know one of the girls miscarried recently. <3 Other than that is the girl with her son Brayden and another on the way. 5 weeks until she learns the gender, so says her FB. (Yupp, I stalked FB lol!)

I bet Mike would know more. He knew more people at the highschool than I and such. I know he has a friend who's sister has a kid or something like that, but idk. I'll ask! <3

And Tora... Leviathan is certainly unique! Isn't that a biblical sea creature or something of the sorts? I know my friend read a book called Leviathan. The meaning seems off to be a name, but I can kinda see the appeal.. like Levi and Nathan mixed or something <3

#9 The Future Mrs B

The Future Mrs B

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 2,094 posts
  • Interests:Music, names and my friends.

Posted 15 November 2012 - 07:13 PM

Babies of teen moms in my area:
Vivienne May/Mae
Aubri Rose
Payten Allizabeth (well her mom was closer to 20-ish when she was born)
There's a million and ten others but they're names are escaping me.

#10 kelsie__

kelsie__

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 1,538 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 02:40 PM

Babies from teen moms around here:

Girls:
Heidi Jayde (a few weeks old)
AdaLee Faith (born in Sept.)
Farren (Due in Dec.)
Aly (Don't know her middle name) (about 1)
Justice (2)
Kassidie Grace (about 3 months old-ish)
Katie had her baby about a month ago..don't know the name, but I think she had a girl. (2-4 months)
Clarissa had her baby in the summer, a girl. Don't know her name either. (Prolly 3 months)

Boys:
Stephen Wade (a month old maybe?)
Justice's little brother (Don't know his name) (maybe 1?)
Cason (Don't know middle name) (year and a half or 2)

A girl in my math class just had her baby, but I don't know the name or gender.

#11 brittany111

brittany111

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 1,912 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 07:57 PM

When i was at school we had no teen pregnancies. My good friend was the first from my year group to have a children...Cooper Lincoln(5) and Scarlett Abigail (1)
Now it seems my year group are all about getting married and having kids so there are a few (not many with more than one and one set of twins)
Colby
Seth and Levi
Peyton
Elijah
Alexia/ Phoenix

There are about 3-4 who are expecting at the moment too. these are all from class of 06.

#12 Puppylover12397

Puppylover12397

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 6,184 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 01:53 PM

A few of my teachers have recently had/their spouse has had a baby. I only know one of their full name but, the rest are first and last.

William Grassiosi

Andrew Lopez

Jonathan Ma

Elizabeth Claire Urban

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users