10 replies to this topic

#1 EmilyA

EmilyA

Power Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 870 posts

Posted 11 November 2015 - 08:41 PM

Ben and Jessa Seewald have finally announced the name of their little boy. And trust me...it's a moniker alright...

Spurgeon Elliot 

Something totally off the rocker but I do love the meaning behind it. It's kind of growing on me.

Thoughts?

• MommaMeg likes this

#2 MommaMeg

MommaMeg

Star Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 364 posts
  • Interests:I love....Reading, Napping in a Hammock, Playing with Nora, making Wyatt laugh, Walking my dogs, Singing, Watching Movies, Running, Wearing Sunglasses, Walking barefoot on soft grass, making my husband laugh, remembering good things that have happened in my life, writing short stories, thinking up baby names...

Posted 11 November 2015 - 10:03 PM

I really like it! Personally, I love the meaning more so than the name.  My husband and I are very big lovers of Charles Haddon Spurgeon's sermons and books, and we know a family that have a little boy named Haddon. I actually think I would prefer Haddon over Spurgeon, but to each his own!

Also, we thought many times about using Elliot as a middle name for our son. Knowing about the Seewald's I'm guessing that they chose this name for Jim Elliot, the missionary. 

I'm positive the name will receive much criticism from the media, but I know they are a couple with very strong convictions and I'm glad they chose a name that has a strong meaning to them. 

#3 Laugh-Dream-Love

Laugh-Dream-Love

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,799 posts
  • Interests:Watching movies and snuggling with my boyfriend; Writing; Reading; Listening to music; Drawing; Singing

Posted 12 November 2015 - 05:43 AM

I am really not a fan of Spurgeon, but I do adore Elliot.

#4 pinkmonkey23

pinkmonkey23

Power Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • 860 posts
  • Interests:Names ⌇ My children ⌇ Supernatural ⌇ I-Zombie ⌇ Lucifer ⌇ Arrowverse ⌇ Jane the virgin ⌇ The Originals ⌇ The Vampire Diaries [Before it ended]

Posted 12 November 2015 - 06:40 AM

No not a fan of it if im honest but hey their kid.. lol what they gonna call hum spur or spurgey

#5 EmilyA

EmilyA

Power Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • 870 posts

Posted 12 November 2015 - 08:54 AM

No not a fan of it if im honest but hey their kid.. lol what they gonna call hum spur or spurgey

They said he'd go by both Spurgeon and Elliot. I guess whatever seems fit to what they want to call him at the time is acceptable. 

#6 Barbie

Barbie

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,617 posts
  • Interests:Writing, reading, sign language, riding horses, volunteering, working with children, and teaching martial arts!

Posted 12 November 2015 - 02:53 PM

[quote name="ReignbeauBliss" post="288735" timestamp="1447332014"]
No not a fan of it if im honest but hey their kid.. lol what they gonna call hum spur or spurgey[/quote

I read that they will be calling him Quincy since that was the nn they had used since they discovered they were pregnant.
I think the name is cool, and does have special meaning... I too love Spurgeon and the Elliott's. Just, I may have kept Spurgeon in the mn spot :)

#7 Riley_Jane

Riley_Jane

Superstar Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 536 posts
  • Interests:Singing, Acting, Dancing, Writing, Names, Event Planning, Hiking, Fitness, Cooking, Baking, and Exploring new things!

Posted 17 November 2015 - 05:39 PM

Agreeing with most others here I think. I'm not a fan of Spurgeon, but they picked it for a reason. Love Elliott though! And Quincy is cute if they do call him that!

#8 missabby

missabby

Junior Baby Namer

• Bronze Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 28 posts
  • Interests:reading ♡ writing ♡ algebra ♡ vacation ♡ working out ♡ singing

Posted 29 November 2015 - 03:26 PM

I have to agree with most of you guys. I don't like Spurgeon, but Elliott is adorable!

#9 Addison

Addison

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,122 posts

Posted 09 December 2015 - 05:06 PM

I remember I a while back I really loved Spurgeon as a middle name. I still do like it, but now I feel like I can't use it because they did! I love Elliot and Quincy is a cute name. 

I don't think I like Spurgeon in the first name spot, especially with a surname like "Seewald." But hey, whatever floats their boat. ;)

#10 Harmonizer

Harmonizer

Star Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts
  • Interests:Baby Names , music & comics

Posted 19 February 2016 - 06:50 AM

I like it. Sounds really cute.

#11 Toorgedors

Toorgedors

Aspiring Baby Namer

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 October 2017 - 09:46 AM

That is so cool I hope they pick a name from the sheet. How neat would that be to be the person who wrote that name down. I wish I would have thought of that to be honest.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users