2 replies to this topic

#1 EmilyA

EmilyA

Power Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 870 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 09:12 PM

Hello! I hoped everyone had a very Merry Christmas and have a fabulous New Year!

Lately I've been entranced by the Rockabilly phase that America has went through- if you have no clue what Rockabilly means, then hear you go: Rockabilly is a form of Rocknroll that emerged from the American South and Heartland in the mid 50s through early 60s. These were not the names of sophisticated people - but they had heart, passion and a great sound.

The first dose of Rockabilly that I encountered was James Dean. He gave that bad boy image that made every girl go crazy and do stupid things and made dad's want to kill every teenage boy across America.

Of course my favorite movie of all time is considered Rockabilly, Cry Baby. This movie is what started my whole love affair over none other than Mr. Johnny Deep himself. He played a replica of James Dean and lusted over a preppy girl that had nothing to do with his 'type'. So stereotypical.

I guess the most simplest term to describe this form of style would be edgy but with class.

For example, Betty. Most people paired it with Lou which gave it a 'rockabilly chick' image.

The ultimate 'Rockabilly Chick' name I can think of is Lucille.
The ultimate 'Rockabilly Boy' name I can think of is Duke.

Keep in mind that most Rockabilly names were influenced by musicians during that time.

So. Now that I rambled off, what would be your favorite Rockabilly inspired names?

#2 xxThePumpkinQueenxx

xxThePumpkinQueenxx

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,712 posts
  • Interests:singing, writing, reading, psychology, science, math, forensics, children, going to church, being with my family and SEC football. War Eagle!

Posted 26 December 2012 - 09:16 PM

Presley :wub:
Hopefully, that's classified under this :lol:
  • EmilyA likes this

#3 Wildflowerchild

Wildflowerchild

Power Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 765 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 04:15 PM

I LOVE the rockabilly theme. I'm all about the Rockabilly lifestyle <3

I really love...
Evelyn
Priscilla
Lucy
Stella
Presley

Cash
Hank
Duke
Jesse

I'll post more later...when I'm not about to fall asleep!

• EmilyA likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users