• 2,957 posts

Posted 27 March 2015 - 05:36 PM

GP's for me too :)

Hezekiah Seth "Kai"
Quest Levi

Paisely Willow
Journey Anakiya (Ana-kai-u)
Jaeli (jay-ly) Hadassah

Hezekiah Seth "Kai" - I like Seth and the nickname Kai, but Hezekiah itself is a bit unusual and just way too much to say, for me.
Quest Levi - Not a fan of Quest, as I'm not a fan of most uncommon word names. Levi is handsome, though.

Paisely Willow - Willow has really grown on me, but to be honest I've never liked Paisley. They go well together, though, and I'd say this is the most usable of your GPs.
Journey Anakiya (Ana-kai-u) - I think Journey could be nice as a middle, but due to my word-name-dislike I don't like it as a first. Not a fan of Anakiya at all, sorry.
Jaeli (jay-ly) Hadassah - I don't really like either of these names. Sorry.

• Barbie likes this

#22 The Future Mrs B

The Future Mrs B

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,094 posts
  • Interests:Music, names and my friends.

Posted 28 March 2015 - 09:43 AM

Blair Hyacinth
Eva Lenore
Maia Calypso
Delilah Sage
Cassidy Marceline

Isaac Dante
Ethan Sirius
Emory Percival/Emory James
Casey Arvid

#23 Addison

Addison

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,122 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 01:56 PM

What do you think of Leslie as a middle name for a boy? I would use it because it honors. Is it better to just find a more acceptably masculine way to honor?

#24 Jenna_Lee

Jenna_Lee

Legendary Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 29 March 2015 - 07:20 AM

Blair Hyacinth
Eva Lenore
Maia Calypso
Delilah Sage
Cassidy Marceline

Isaac Dante
Ethan Sirius
Emory Percival/Emory James
Casey Arvid

Blair Hyacinth - I used to really dislike Blair, but it has grown on me lately. Hyacinth isn't my style but I like that it's an uncommon flower name that isn't too unusable, and it goes well with Blair.
Eva Lenore - I like both names, and I think they go well together. Nice combo!
Maia Calypso - Again, I really like both names, and the flow is lovely. This combo has a very mythological feel to it, which I love, but it might make it harder to find sibling names for.
Delilah Sage - I actually prefer Sage on a boy, but I like it as middle here. It goes well with Delilah, which I think is pretty (plus the nickname Lilah/Lila is a bonus). 
Cassidy Marceline - Cassidy is okay, and I think Marceline is so pretty and elegant (I'm assuming you're pronouncing it Marce-uh-leen?). The only drawback here is the S sounds in Cassidy and Marceline clash a bit, but it's not too bad. This is another really nice combo.

Isaac Dante - I adore Isaac! Dante is handsome too, but there's something off about the flow of this combo. I think it's the abrupt vowel sounds at the end of Isaac and beginning of Dante.
Ethan Sirius - Ethan is super handsome, and Isaac and Ethan would make a wonderful sibset. Sirius isn't for me, but I think it goes okay with Ethan.
Emory Percival/Emory James - I think Emory James flows better, just because Emory and Percival are both three-syllable names so it doesn't have as much of a nice sound. All three names are handsome, though.
Casey Arvid - I don't know that I like Casey, but I do definitely like it on a boy as opposed to a girl. I'm not familiar with Arvid, and I think it's interesting, and adds a bit of variety to this combo. It does kind of remind me of Astrid, which is a girl's name, but also David/Alfred, so I think Arvid works.

#25 Jenna_Lee

Jenna_Lee

Legendary Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 29 March 2015 - 07:28 AM

What do you think of Leslie as a middle name for a boy? I would use it because it honors. Is it better to just find a more acceptably masculine way to honor?

To be honest, I would never use Leslie as a middle name for a boy, no matter how masculine the first name. Even if you're honoring a male Leslie, would you consider using it on a girl? Otherwise, I would recommend finding a similar but alternate option in place of Leslie, or honor the person in a different way, perhaps by their middle name (or even last, if you can make it work). 

In terms of alternate forms of Leslie, Lisle (alternate spelling of Lyle) comes to mind. You could also use Carlisle, which is handsome, but it's a bit of a stretch honoring-wise. Lee isn't that far of a stretch, as it's the last syllable of Leslie. There is just Lez, which is an accepted (albeit uncommon) name that doesn't really appeal to be but could be usable. Lakely is kind of close, but in addition to being a stretch to honor Leslie, it's also quite feminine itself. Good luck figuring that out! And let me know if any of these do appeal to you, because I'm curious to see what you'll do with it.

#26 Barbie

Barbie

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 1,617 posts
  • Interests:Writing, reading, sign language, riding horses, volunteering, working with children, and teaching martial arts!

Posted 30 March 2015 - 05:48 AM

Thought I would post my family's names:

Lauren Rose (older sis)
Grace Kristine (me)
Evan Cole (younger brother)

Thanks!

#27 Jenna_Lee

Jenna_Lee

Legendary Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 31 March 2015 - 05:52 PM

Thought I would post my family's names:

Lauren Rose (older sis)
Grace Kristine (me)
Evan Cole (younger brother)

Thanks!

Lauren Rose - Pretty, but I prefer Laurel or Lorelei to Lauren.

Grace Kristine - I've come to really like Grace, especially as a first as opposed to a filler-feeling middle. I'm not really a fan of Kristine and it flows kind of weirdly with Grace because of the S sounds in both names.
Evan Cole - Cole has grown on me recently due to a positive connotation (I know a firefighter with this name  ;)
) and Evan is nice but not my favorite. They go well together, though the combo is pretty short and seems to end abruptly.

I think your names make a really nice sibset! They all have a similar classic-but-not-old feel to them.

• Barbie likes this

#28 Kookie

Kookie

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 01 April 2015 - 09:24 AM

These combos are all quite fresh and new so I was looking for an opinion on them!

Clara Emerson

Athena Maren

India Cadence

Carolina Brynn

Raina Marlowe

Maxwell Cohen

Logan Everett

Grayson Oscar

Mason Brody

Maddox Luca

thank you! :)

#29 Riley_Jane

Riley_Jane

Superstar Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 536 posts
  • Interests:Singing, Acting, Dancing, Writing, Names, Event Planning, Hiking, Fitness, Cooking, Baking, and Exploring new things!

Posted 01 April 2015 - 02:37 PM

Girl:

Davina Camille

Lilla Christine

Esme Brynn

Briallen Faye (Bree-ahl-un)

Mia Charlotte

Boy:

Rhydian Paul

Harper Allen

Sebastian Todd

Noah Jasper

Bellamy Robert

#30 heaven_melissah

heaven_melissah

Aspiring Baby Namer

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 April 2015 - 08:13 PM

Hi would love your feedback on our short list for our baby Girl.

1. Violet Eualie Heaven

2. Paige Eualie Heaven

3. Hannah Eualie Heaven 

Thanks  :)

#31 kentuckydime

kentuckydime

Notable Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 02 April 2015 - 09:27 PM

McKenley Parker
Emery Grace
Arabella McKenzie
Audrey Harper
Stella McClure

Wyatt Nicholas
Everett Alexander
Preston Shaw

Easton Eliott
Grayson Jude

#32 Jenna_Lee

Jenna_Lee

Legendary Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 03 April 2015 - 10:44 AM

These combos are all quite fresh and new so I was looking for an opinion on them!

Clara Emerson

Athena Maren

India Cadence

Carolina Brynn

Raina Marlowe

Maxwell Cohen

Logan Everett

Grayson Oscar

Mason Brody

Maddox Luca

thank you! :)

Clara Emerson - I adore Clara! Emerson is okay, but I think the flow is a bit off. Sometimes when one name ends in a vowel and the next starts with a vowel, you get this "hiccup" and it doesn't sound quite right, and perhaps the R's in both names don't help the flow either.

Athena Maren - As a huge Greek mythology fan, I wouldn't ever use Athena myself because it's the name of such a powerful goddess, it's a bit like naming your child Jesus, just not as extreme. I don't know, something about using the names of Greek gods on kids just doesn't sit right with me. But if you had to pick one, Athena is very pretty and I love the meaning behind it--wisdom and all that. Maren isn't really my style but I think it's pretty and it does go well with Athena.

India Cadence - Neither name has ever been my favorite, but this is an alright combo.

Carolina Brynn - Carolina is really pretty, and there's plenty of rooms for nicknames if you ever wanted one. Brynn is okay, just not one of my favorites, and it goes fine with Carolina but I think the N's do clash a bit.

Raina Marlowe - This is really pretty! I slightly prefer Reyna, but Raina is just as lovely. Marlowe is one of those names that I don't like quite enough to use on my child but would adore on someone else's. I love the way these two names flow together.

Maxwell Cohen - I'm not big on Max- names, but this combo does have a nice masculine charm about it. Cohen is nice, and it goes nicely with Maxwell.

Logan Everett - This is a really nice combo! Logan is another name I like but not enough to use, and Everett is super handsome. They go really well together.

Grayson Oscar - Grayson is nice (though I do love just plain Gray) and Oscar is a nice classic. My only problem with this combo is that the S sounds in both names really clash. I would recommend maybe breaking these two apart and using them in separate combos, because I'd hate to see you lose either of these names!

Mason Brody - Mason is okay but way too popular for me. Sorry, but I really dislike Brody.

Maddox Luca - Maddox is a name that has always intrigued me (though I wouldn't recommend using Maddox and Maxwell in a sibset). I prefer Luke or Lucas to Luca, and I kind of feel like Luca doesn't really "fit" with Maddox the same way Logan and Everett "fit" perfectly together, style-wise.

#33 Jenna_Lee

Jenna_Lee

Legendary Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 03 April 2015 - 10:55 AM

Girl:

Davina Camille

Lilla Christine

Esme Brynn

Briallen Faye (Bree-ahl-un)

Mia Charlotte

Boy:

Rhydian Paul

Harper Allen

Sebastian Todd

Noah Jasper

Bellamy Robert

Davina Camille - Davina does have a certain charm about it, but I'm just not a huge fan. I do adore Camille, however, and these two go nicely together.

Lilla Christine - Are you pronouncing it like Lila, or Lill-uh? I know a Lillya (Lily-uh), and I really like Lily-based names, so this one intrigues me. If you are pronouncing it like Lila, though, it will be very commonly mispronounced, because I want to say it Lill-uh. Christine is pretty but not a personal favorite, though I do think it goes nicely with Lilla.

Esme Brynn - Not a fan of either name here, sorry. They do flow well together, but I feel like the combo is a bit short/abruptly ending.

Briallen Faye (Bree-ahl-un) - Briallen is interesting, and I've never seen it before. I like how it sounds. Faye is really pretty and I like how this short, classic name balances out the unique/uncommon Briallen.

Mia Charlotte - This is my favorite of your girls' combos! Mia is pretty, and I've come to adore Charlotte, especially as a middle.

Rhydian Paul - Not a fan of either name here, sorry.

Harper Allen - Like a handful of others, I prefer Harper on a boy as well (though I do have a newborn cousin Harper who is female). Allen is okay, though I prefer Allan, only because it's a reference to Allan a Dale from Robin Hood. These two names go well together, and the masculine Allen balances out unisex Harper well.

Sebastian Todd - I like Sebastian (especially with the nickname Seb) and Todd is alright but I have an uncle with this name so it's weird for me. I think the T's clash a little, but it's not too bad.

Noah Jasper - I really like both names! They're both handsome and they flow well together, but I can't help but feel like this combo is missing a little something.

Bellamy Robert - I'm not a fan of either name, though just hearing about The 100 has Bellamy growing on me already, though I haven't started watching it yet. I think the B's do clash, though, since B has such a distinct sound.

#34 Jenna_Lee

Jenna_Lee

Legendary Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 03 April 2015 - 10:58 AM

Hi would love your feedback on our short list for our baby Girl.

1. Violet Eualie Heaven

2. Paige Eualie Heaven

3. Hannah Eualie Heaven 

Thanks  :)

Violet Eualie Heaven - Violet is really pretty. Eualie has a very delicate sound, and I kind of like it though I'm unfamiliar with this name. I really dislike most word names, and that includes Heaven, which is additionally awkward for me because I'm not religious (I honestly think just Violet Eualie would be lovely). This isn't a bad combo overall, though.

Paige Eualie Heaven - I've never been a fan of Paige, sorry. I prefer Violet in this combo.

Hannah Eualie Heaven - Hannah is pretty, and I can't decide whether I like it better than Violet or not. Eualie creates a nice buffer so that the H's in Hannah and Heaven don't really clash.

Good luck naming your baby girl!

#35 Jenna_Lee

Jenna_Lee

Legendary Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 03 April 2015 - 11:07 AM

McKenley Parker
Emery Grace
Arabella McKenzie
Audrey Harper
Stella McClure

Wyatt Nicholas
Everett Alexander
Preston Shaw

Easton Eliott
Grayson Jude

McKenley Parker - I really dislike McKenley and prefer Parker on boys. Sorry.
Emery Grace - Emery has grown on me lately, though I wouldn't use it myself. Grace is really pretty, and the two names have a nice flow together.
Arabella McKenzie - Again, not a fan of either name. Sorry. We just have different styles, and I tend to favor more classic names.
Audrey Harper - I have a really awful connotation with Audrey, but I don't think it's a bad name. Harper is pretty and I think it goes well with Audrey, though I do slightly prefer it on a boy.
Stella McClure - Stella is just darling, but I really don't see McClure on a little girl (or a little boy) at all. I have trouble seeing any Mc- names on children because my last name is a Mc- name.

Wyatt Nicholas - Wyatt has really grown on me due to the character Wyatt on The Fosters, and Nicholas is a handsome classic. I think the flow is a bit off, probably because Wyatt is a bit offbeat with the two T's at the end, but it's not too bad.
Everett Alexander - I think both names are so strong-sounding and handsome. This is definitely my favorite combo of yours!
Preston Shaw - Not a fan of either name here, sorry.

Easton Eliott - Easton is nice, and I adore Elliot (or even Eliot as a nod to T.S. Eliot) but Eliott isn't too bad. Despite both starting with E, I think these two have a really good sounds together.
Grayson Jude - I adore Jude! Grayson is nice (though I love just plain Gray). This is a nice combo, though I think I like Jude Grayson a bit more.

#36 Jenna_Lee

Jenna_Lee

Legendary Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 03 April 2015 - 11:08 AM

As always, you can all feel free to put up more combos here as you come up with them!  :) 

#37 HaydensMama18

HaydensMama18

Legendary Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 3,253 posts
  • Interests:My son, baby naming, singing, dancing, helping others

Obsessed with WWE & TNA

Favorite viners & youtubers: The Gabbie Show, Liza Koshy & Joe Santagato & Shane

My favorite actors are Grace Phipps & Garrett Clayton

Current favorite songs: Anything by Little Mix, Ariana Grande-Boyfriend Material & Anything by Bruno Mars

Posted 03 April 2015 - 05:18 PM

Girls:

Eve Layla
Selena Michelle
Brooklyn Tara
Lydia Ruby
Elise Kara/Kara Elise

Boys:

Nicholas Daniel
Allan James
Adam Mackenzie

#38 Laugh-Dream-Love

Laugh-Dream-Love

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,799 posts
  • Interests:Watching movies and snuggling with my boyfriend; Writing; Reading; Listening to music; Drawing; Singing

Posted 07 April 2015 - 05:58 PM

Ava Grace Madeleine

Willow Ann Isabella

(All I can think of right now. Both Ava Grace and Willow Ann would be double first names, but I prefer not hyphenating.)

#39 Jenna_Lee

Jenna_Lee

Legendary Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 11 April 2015 - 06:49 AM

Girls:

Eve Layla
Selena Michelle
Brooklyn Tara
Lydia Ruby
Elise Kara/Kara Elise

Boys:

Nicholas Daniel
Allan James
Adam Mackenzie

First of all, sorry these took me so long. I've had a crazy week!

Eve Layla - This combo is alright. I prefer Eva/Evangeline to Eve, at least in the first name spot. Eve is short and elegant but I feel like it needs a bit more unless it's a middle, in which case it's perfect. Layla is not a favorite of mine.
Selena Michelle - Neither name is a favorite, but I do think they're okay and they flow really well together.
Brooklyn Tara - This one is nice. I'm iffy on both names once again, but they do have a nice flow. 
Lydia Ruby - Super pretty! I have a cousin named Lydia, and the name has always intrigued me because I don't hear it much. Ruby is lovely, and you have the nickname Rue if you were to use it as a first, or even Lydia Rue as a cute nickname thing. (I used Ruby as a name for my first cat so I can't ever use it myself now  :blush:.)
 These two names have a perfect flow. Definitely my favorite of your girls' combos!
Elise Kara/Kara Elise - Elise is one of those names that I've always really liked, and Kara is pretty, but I just think that either way the flow is off. Kara Elise kind of sounds like one name due to the "hiccup" caused by Kara ending in A and Elise starting with an E. Elise Kara sounds better in my opinion--the flow seemed awkward to me at first, but I actually think they go really nice together this way.

Nicholas Daniel - Two strong, classic boy names can never do you wrong. Nice names and they flow well together. 
Allan James - You've picked my favorite spelling of Allan, and James is really handsome. They go well together, but I can't help feeling like this combo needs a little something more. Either way, it is still really handsome.
Adam Mackenzie - Adam is handsome but due to bad connotations I could never use it. I don't really like Mackenzie on either gender, to be honest, and I think the M's clash here. If you really like both names, maybe separate them into different combos?

• HaydensMama18 likes this

#40 Jenna_Lee

Jenna_Lee

Legendary Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 11 April 2015 - 06:53 AM

Ava Grace Madeleine

Willow Ann Isabella

(All I can think of right now. Both Ava Grace and Willow Ann would be double first names, but I prefer not hyphenating.)

Ava Grace Madeleine - I really like Ava Grace as a double first name, and I agree with your preference of no hyphens--it looks cleaner that way. Madeleine is lovely, and I adore this spelling in particular. This whole combo is really pretty and has a wonderful flow. I wouldn't change a thing.

Willow Ann Isabella - I used to dislike Willow, but it has really grown on me. Willow Ann is really sweet as a double first, and Isabella is a pretty (albeit super popular) classic that goes nice with them. The flow isn't quite as seamless as Ava Grace Madeleine, but it's still really nice.

• Laugh-Dream-Love likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users