• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Melissa

Melissa

Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 132 posts
  • Interests:My husband and I are very into basketball and soccer and our daughters are enjoying sports too. My oldest daughter does gymnastics, soccer, and dance and my youngest does soccer and dance, so those are my interests rights now. <br /><br />I also love kids and my job. My husband and I's jobs both involve children.

Posted 23 April 2008 - 01:37 PM

Hi everyone! Thanks to everyone who responded to the "Elodie" topic. Elodie Beatrix is officially on our list (hubby approved!). :) We're not totally set on the name yet, but I'd like to know what you thought of the rest of our list of names. Thanks! Also, the names in parenthesis are the possible middles names. I don't mind if you mix or match.

Girls'
Elodie (Beatrix)
Emmeline (Bree, Mae, Rose) -Mae is my great grandmother's name-
Sophia (Rose)
Anna -after my grandmother, Anne-
Annalise
Olivia Charlotte
Charlotte Olivia
Kara Brynn

Boys'
Jack (Nicholas) -our top combo, Nicholas is after hubby :D-
Hudson (Michael)
Jackson (Chandler)
Emmett (Matthew)
Carson (Reilly) -Reilly is a surname on hubby's side-
Carter (Jeffery, Matthew)

Thanks again, Melissa

#2 Charity

Charity

Superstar Baby Namer

• Charter Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 706 posts
  • Interests:More than anything else in the world I love being with my family, which includes my amazing husband and our three gorgeous daughters. We are currently expecting number four, and are so excited! I am of course a mother first, but I am a writer second. I am a nut about names and etymology in general. I love reading; I’m a sucker for both the more modern fantasy books, like Harry Potter, and the also classics, like Shakespeare. Music is another thing that I could’ve live without, and I have to say my tastes definitely lean towards modern rock: Nickelback, Hinder, Papa Roach, and Theory of a Deadman are my very favorites. Not too big on television, but I couldn’t live without Lost. I also love cars (and driving them!), and I am the proud “mommy” of a Ford Mustang. I’m also pretty big on talking and I like to see myself as friendly, so I hope to see you around the boards!

Posted 23 April 2008 - 01:44 PM

You guys really have some absolutely stunning choices in names :) I absolutely love all of these! Elodie Beatrix is still my top pick for a little girl; it's just so gorgeous and I love it. Sophia Rose is precious as well. As for boys, I love Jack Nicholas, Hudson Michael, and Emmett Matthew. I also like the ring of Emmett Nicholas, or even Emmett James.

#3 Melissa

Melissa

Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 132 posts
  • Interests:My husband and I are very into basketball and soccer and our daughters are enjoying sports too. My oldest daughter does gymnastics, soccer, and dance and my youngest does soccer and dance, so those are my interests rights now. <br /><br />I also love kids and my job. My husband and I's jobs both involve children.

Posted 23 April 2008 - 01:50 PM

Thanks! It took me FOREVER to convince my hubby to say yes to Emmeline, because I'm absolutely in love with the name right now. :) I like Emmett Nicholas.

#4 Kate

Kate

Star Baby Namer

• Charter Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 478 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 04:16 PM

From the boys' list I like Jack, Nicholas, Emmett (love it!) and Matthew. Any combo with two of these names gets my approval :)

As for girls, I love Elodie Beatrix, as well as Rose (as a first name, though). Emmeline, Sophia, Anna and Charlotte are lovely too. I really like the ring of Anna Sophia as a composed name.

#5 Melissa

Melissa

Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 04:32 PM

Kate- my daughter Isabella really likes the name Anna Sophia. :) It's the name of the girl who played Leslie in "Bridge To Terabithia" (if you ever heard of it). The actress's name is AnnaSophia, combined. I really like the names together...

WDYT...Isabella, Lilliana and AnnaSophia? (for fun)

#6 Kate

Kate

Star Baby Namer

• Charter Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 478 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 04:44 PM

It's the name of the girl who played Leslie in "Bridge To Terabithia"

It's the girl who played Violet Beauregard in 'Charlie and the Chocolate Factory', isn't it? I would prefer Anna Sophia as a hyphenated first name, for some reason I don't like AnnaSophia - it looks too cluttered, with the two capitals and no space between them.

#7 Melissa

Melissa

Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 05:00 PM

Oh yah, she was! I really didn't like that movie, I like the older one better. :D Any who, I agree that AnnaSophia looks cluttered, but I don't like hyphenated names either. Do you think Anna Sophia (two names) would work? She probably wouldn't have a middle name...and Anna would be after my grandma, Anne. :)

#8 Kate

Kate

Star Baby Namer

• Charter Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 478 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 05:09 PM

I think it would work very well. You could have Anna as the first name, Sophia as the middle and call her by both.

#9 Charity

Charity

Superstar Baby Namer

• Charter Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 706 posts
  • Interests:More than anything else in the world I love being with my family, which includes my amazing husband and our three gorgeous daughters. We are currently expecting number four, and are so excited! I am of course a mother first, but I am a writer second. I am a nut about names and etymology in general. I love reading; I’m a sucker for both the more modern fantasy books, like Harry Potter, and the also classics, like Shakespeare. Music is another thing that I could’ve live without, and I have to say my tastes definitely lean towards modern rock: Nickelback, Hinder, Papa Roach, and Theory of a Deadman are my very favorites. Not too big on television, but I couldn’t live without Lost. I also love cars (and driving them!), and I am the proud “mommy” of a Ford Mustang. I’m also pretty big on talking and I like to see myself as friendly, so I hope to see you around the boards!

Posted 23 April 2008 - 09:12 PM

I think it would work very well. You could have Anna as the first name, Sophia as the middle and call her by both.

Agreed completely. Anna Sophia is lovely!

#10 meg

meg

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,351 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 09:44 PM

My picks are Olivia Charlotte and Emmeline Rose for a girl or Jackson Reily and Cater Matthew for a boy.

#11 scarlet520

scarlet520

Expert Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,790 posts
  • Interests:I LOVE reading. I'm into almost every genre and generally read a book a week, if possible. I like Iris Johansen, Karen Marie Moning, Stephen King, James Patterson, Jane Austen, Charlotte Brontë, Diana Gabaldon, Kathy Reichs, and Robert Burns (every Scot's favorite author). I really love music and even got accepted to the Mason Gross School of Performing Arts at Rutgers University (my alma mater) for vocal performance. Unfortunately performance life was not for me, so I went into English Lit and French instead. Music is still a big part of my life, and I like a multitude of musical genres from Reggae to Rock to Opera. I've seen Carmen and La bohème each twice. (And I cry every time.) My husband and I also have a special place in our hearts for The Beatles.

Posted 23 April 2008 - 10:32 PM

All of your names are absolutely stunning! As I mentioned yesterday, Elodie Beatrix is super cute! I also really like Anna Sophia. Both names are such classics and Anna holds a special meaning for you - which makes it all the more beautiful in my eyes.

For the boys, I really like Jack Nicholas (Jack is my step-father's name. He's a great guy, so I'm quite partial to it) and Carson Reilly.

#12 Melissa

Melissa

Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 24 April 2008 - 05:37 PM

Thanks for all your comments! :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users