Opinions

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 little cupcake

little cupcake

Novice Baby Namer

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • Interests:Names! I also love ballet, music, art, reading, writing, procrastinating and shopping :)

Posted 02 November 2008 - 05:07 AM

My partner and I often talk about baby names, even though we aren't pregnant or anything. Plus I am in love with baby names, so this interests me a lot!
However my partner said that he wants his first daughter to be named Liberty. I really don't like this name! I have been trying desperately to find a similar name that is better, but there doesn't seem to be anything. I suppose it can be shortened to Libby, but I'm not a huge fan of that either.

What is everyone's opinion on the name Liberty?
Other names he has thought of are:
Summer
Justice
Seven
December

Names I like:
Audrey
Sophia
Imogen
Chloe

Thanks!

#2 Antelope

Antelope

Star Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 496 posts

Posted 02 November 2008 - 09:48 AM

What is everyone's opinion on the name Liberty?
Other names he has thought of are:
Summer
Justice
Seven
December

Names I like:
Audrey
Sophia
Imogen
Chloe

Thanks!

Well, it seems like your husband has a very different from you. I personally like yours more but I think you two could compromise! From his Summer is my favorite. Justice is second, December third, and Seven is my least favorite. From yours Audrey is my favorite, followed by Sophia, Imogen, and Chloe.
Summer Imogen
Justice Chloe
Audrey December
Sophia Imogen
Imogen Summer
Chloe December

Any?

#3 Smile

Smile

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,098 posts

Posted 02 November 2008 - 04:10 PM

I too like yours more. I love the name Summer. I actually don't mind Liberty though, but it isn't my favorite.Seven definitely isn't my style, I'm not big on December, and I prefer Justice ona boy. I love Imogen too. Audrey is okay as well.

#4 little cupcake

little cupcake

Novice Baby Namer

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • Interests:Names! I also love ballet, music, art, reading, writing, procrastinating and shopping :)

Posted 02 November 2008 - 06:14 PM

Thanks for the opinions guys! Some great suggestions there, Summer Imogen is one to go on the list :)

The other day he said he wants Liberty's middle name to be Belle....I only hope that was a BAD joke! Hahha

#5 scarlet520

scarlet520

Expert Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 1,790 posts
  • Interests:I LOVE reading. I'm into almost every genre and generally read a book a week, if possible. I like Iris Johansen, Karen Marie Moning, Stephen King, James Patterson, Jane Austen, Charlotte Brontë, Diana Gabaldon, Kathy Reichs, and Robert Burns (every Scot's favorite author). I really love music and even got accepted to the Mason Gross School of Performing Arts at Rutgers University (my alma mater) for vocal performance. Unfortunately performance life was not for me, so I went into English Lit and French instead. Music is still a big part of my life, and I like a multitude of musical genres from Reggae to Rock to Opera. I've seen Carmen and La bohème each twice. (And I cry every time.) My husband and I also have a special place in our hearts for The Beatles.

Posted 02 November 2008 - 10:04 PM

I really don't care for the name Liberty.

Summer - I'm not a big fan of the name, but I can see the appeal.
Justice - all boy to me. If it were Justine, I'd say it was a nice name for a girl.
Seven - No. This is not an episode of Seinfeld. Seven is a number, not a name.
December - To me, it's a month not a proper name

Now on to the names you like.

Audrey - Lovely and classic. I always think of Audrey Hepburn.
Sophia - Beautiful! I also like the French varient, Sophie.
Imogen - One of my all time favorite names! We were seriously considering Imogen Mairi, but the found out we were having a baby boy.
Chloe - Nice. I prefer the traditional spelling with the accent when written as Chloë. I've always thought it would work well as a middle name. (ex: Gwendolyn Chloë)

#6 little cupcake

little cupcake

Novice Baby Namer

• PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 02 November 2008 - 10:41 PM

I really don't care for the name Liberty.

Summer - I'm not a big fan of the name, but I can see the appeal.
Justice - all boy to me. If it were Justine, I'd say it was a nice name for a girl.
Seven - No. This is not an episode of Seinfeld. Seven is a number, not a name.
December - To me, it's a month not a proper name

Now on to the names you like.

Audrey - Lovely and classic. I always think of Audrey Hepburn.
Sophia - Beautiful! I also like the French varient, Sophie.
Imogen - One of my all time favorite names! We were seriously considering Imogen Mairi, but the found out we were having a baby boy.
Chloe - Nice. I prefer the traditional spelling with the accent when written as Chloë. I've always thought it would work well as a middle name. (ex: Gwendolyn Chloë)

I totally agree!
I only wish he did too! Haha

#7 Jessie

Jessie

Epic Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • 1,332 posts

Posted 03 November 2008 - 11:50 AM

Liberty is sooo tacky! Tell him he's crazy! =-) It falls into the category with Neveah, Chasity, Destiny, Trinity... YUCK YUCK YUCK!!! Please remind him that his baby girl will be the one that has to live with it!

#8 little cupcake

little cupcake

Novice Baby Namer

• PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 03 November 2008 - 07:16 PM

Liberty is sooo tacky! Tell him he's crazy! =-) It falls into the category with Neveah, Chasity, Destiny, Trinity... YUCK YUCK YUCK!!! Please remind him that his baby girl will be the one that has to live with it!

TOTALLY agree.
I really love classic names, and Liberty does NOT fit into that category!
Oh how I've tried to convince him...luckily we agree on boys' names!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users