• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 CaraAlexander

CaraAlexander

Novice Baby Namer

• PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 04:36 PM

Okay, so I need help with my name list now... I have a general list. My little mans daddy is very... opinionated about names it seems.

I have a short list of names I like. Liam/William, Aaron, Gavin, Ian, Levi, Miles, Noah, Owen, Rowen, Wade

And he has a list of the ones he likes. Axel, Adam, Brawley, Cash, Cruz, Dekker, Gage, Gunner, Hunter Jagger, Jesse, Junior, Madden, Raiden, Roman, Ryker, Slade, Talon.

The only full name possibility I have thought about it William Gage. I'm not really good with putting middle names to first names... :( To be honest, I am not very thrilled about the names he likes, and I can only see a few potentially being used...
The ones that WILL NOT be used, no matter what, are- Axel, Brawley, Jagger, Junior (he wants his son named after him, so it'd be like Anthony Junior nick name AJ or something... :( ), Madden, Ryker, or Slade.

First, could I have a bunch of middle name suggestions for Liam, and William? Last name Alexander.
Second, could you match up any of the names above, besides the names on the WILL NOT be used list? Which names would make a great first name and middle name pair? I think Ian and Levi are also two that I am leaning towards to be first names. But all the others can be used anywhere.

Thank you so so very much!

#2 -TebowTime-

-TebowTime-

Legendary Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,472 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 04:55 PM

I really like Liam Miles, or Levi Miles, but here are some with yours and his (and yes, Axel Alexander is a NO. :))

A few Tips:

Don't pair names together that end in the same letter:

Example: Aaron Talon or Gunner Hunter

Don't pair names together where the first name ends with the letter the middle name starts with:

Example: Aaron Noah (in this case, it actually sounds ok, but usually not....)

#3 CaraAlexander

CaraAlexander

Novice Baby Namer

• PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 07:23 PM

Thanks! :) I love both Liam Miles and Levi Miles! Haha yes, Axel Alexander I could get would sound bad! :o

Aaron Noah does sound nice, I think I'll keep it! Not sure if I'd use it, but I do like it.

Okay, that was really helpful! So, how would these names sound together, then? :)
Liam Gavin, Rowen Wade, Owen Wade, Aaron Gavin, Ian Miles, and Ian Hunter?

I'm not sure how to add a lot of his names into here, seeing as I don't care for them much. I like Hunter, mostly. I can suffer through Cruz, Decker (if not spelled Dekker), and a few others... but that is a hard part! And at the moment, he is very much settled on the idea of Anthony Junior :) I don't want an Anthony Junior..
Do you have any suggestions of names we might both like? :)

Thanks very much!!

#4 AlainasMommy

AlainasMommy

Novice Baby Namer

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • Interests:My interests basically revolve around my daughter. I love to watch her play and learn. I love to cuddle and snuggle her. We read books all the time. We love to go to the park and play on the swings and slides. We like to color together. We like to watch Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, well she does, anyway.<br />I also enjoy spending the rare, quiet moment alone with my husband.<br /><br /> I love coffee, reading (although there isn't much time left in the day for it right now), cooking, baking, shopping, jigsaw puzzles, crossword puzzles, suduko, Going on walks, decorating, sewing, pictures, crafts, did I mention that I LOVE COFFEE!!!

Posted 27 October 2011 - 05:59 AM

Here's the list I've come up with:

Gavin Aaron Alexander
Gavin Cash Alexander
Gavin Jesse Alexander

Ian Cruz Alexander
Ian Decker Alexander

Levi Gage Alexander

Liam Aaron Alexander
Liam Decker Alexander
Liam Hunter Alexander

Owen Decker Alexander
Owen Miles Alexander

Talon Levi Alexander
Talon Miles Alexander
Talon Wade Alexander

Also, a thought for you if the father is set on using his first name and then Junior, you could suggest that they just share the same initials. For example, if father's name is Anthony James, baby could be Aaron Jesse.

#5 Anny

Anny

Star Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 12:48 PM

I love the name Roman! It actually is similar to Rowen, well kind of, so I guess Rowen or Roman would be the best compromise!
Roman Noah sounds handsome, just gorgous. Roman Levi would also be cute. And Roman Alexander sounds great :)

Concerning your favorites, I love Levi and Ian. (It is really weird that I like the English pronouncation, but kinda hate the German one :) )
Levi Talon and Ian Brawley would be my favorites, although I am not a fan of those MNs, they just sound great with the FNs and your LN!

#6 CaraAlexander

CaraAlexander

Novice Baby Namer

• PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 04:23 PM

Thank you so much, ladies!!

I like,
Gavin Aaron Alexander, Gavin Jesse Alexander, Ian Cruz Alexander, Levi Gage Alexander, Liam Aaron Alexander, Liam Hunter Alexander, Owen Miles Alexander, Talon Levi Alexander, Talon Miles Alexander

I think Liam Hunter Alexander is super handsome! I really, really like Hunter all of a sudden!

I could do that, use his initials. Aaron Jesse is nice. I'm unsure if I want to honor him in my sons name though... :)

Roman Noah and Roman Levi are both nice, though I'd moreso like Rowan Noah or Rowan Levi. It could be a good compromise! I don't know if I can picture calling my little one Rowan though :)

Ian Talon is nice as well!

Thank you so very much!

#7 Katie-Nana

Katie-Nana

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,652 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 01:20 PM

I think William Gage, Levi Gage, Levi Aaron and Owen Miles are all great combos.

I really only like Jesse & Roman from your BF's list, Hunter is okay but the rest aren't my style.

Levi Roman/Rowan Alexander
Levi Madden Alexander
Levi Wade Alexander

Jesse William Alexander
Jesse Hunter Alexander

Miles Gavin Alexander
Miles William Alexander

Ian Wade Alexander

Wade Maddox Alexander
Wade Aaron Alexander

Not sure if you are still interested in expanding your list or not but here are some more similar names to some of your BF's favorites that you might find more usable...

Raiden - Caden, Reid, Braydon/Brayden, Hayden
Madden - Maddox, Max, Mavryc, Mason
Decker - Derrick, Tucker
Jagger - Jack, Jackson/Jaxon

#8 CaraAlexander

CaraAlexander

Novice Baby Namer

• PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 10:51 PM

Thanks so much!

Yes, most his names are not my style either... :)

I like,
Levi Roman/Rowan Alexander
Levi Wade Alexander
Jesse William Alexander
Jesse Hunter Alexander
Miles Gavin Alexander
Miles William Alexander
Ian Wade Alexander
Wade Aaron Alexander

I am always interested in new possibilities! :)

Caden, Braydon, Hayden
Max, Mason
Derrick
Jack, Jackson

Those are all nice! And useable! :) I really, really like Caden, Braydon, and Hayden! Not sure which one I like the most though... And I might love Max. I definitely want to add those to my list!

So far, these names are all on the list of likes:
Liam Gavin
Liam Hunter
Ian Miles
Ian Hunter
Ian Cruz
Gavin Aaron
Gavin Jesse
Levi Gage
Owen Miles

But I would also like the names above all to have combinations as well... I am loving Liam Hunter, though I know BF will say no... but I do love Hunter. Possibly as a first name, but not sure yet. The names on the list so far that I think I can picture as a first name, Hunter, Ian, Levi, Caden, Brayden, Hayden.

Thank you so much again! You have helped me A LOT, Katie-Nana! :o

#9 Lori Johnson

Lori Johnson

Junior Baby Namer

• Bronze Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 01:51 PM

My recommendation is Korbin Trey Alexander.

(Korbin is Latin, Trey is Italian and Alexander is Greek.)

Korbin and Trey are modern/trendy names like those on your list, and they originate from the same country as your first name and your boyfriend's first name.

(Anthony is Latin, Cara is Italian and Alexander is Greek.)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users