57 replies to this topic

#21 Laura2013

Laura2013

Star Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 11:30 AM

I really dislike George as a name!! Alexander George Louis would have been better but hey it's their child

#22 AspiePridePassion101

AspiePridePassion101

Junior Baby Namer

• Bronze Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 11:31 AM

No comment-it should have been a girl

#23 Laura2013

Laura2013

Star Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 11:37 AM

No comment-it should have been a girl

Yeah I wanted a girl, too
  • AspiePridePassion101 likes this

#24 glitchinggecko

glitchinggecko

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,697 posts
  • Interests:Gaming, NFL, and F1.

Posted 24 July 2013 - 11:43 AM

I really dislike George as a name!! Alexander George Louis would have been better but hey it's their child

I wouldn't go as far to say I really dislike it, but Alexander George Louis has a much better flow yes. It would have been nice to have a new name in the mix too. By the time he gets to the throne, it looks like he'll be George VIII.

At least they didn't use Louis as a first name, and have the tween population explode because they think it's a nod to One Direction

#25 Laura2013

Laura2013

Star Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 11:44 AM

I wouldn't go as far to say I really dislike it, but Alexander George Louis has a much better flow yes. At least they didn't use Louis as a first name, and have the tween population explode because they think it's a nod to One Direction

LOL I can't stand 1D!!! And a lot of people wouldn't even know the band menbers names

#26 AspiePridePassion101

AspiePridePassion101

Junior Baby Namer

• Bronze Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 11:45 AM

Yeah in a nutshell 1 Direction STINKS! Sigh, but Louis is a handsome name on its own

#27 Laugh-Dream-Love

Laugh-Dream-Love

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 10,799 posts
  • Interests:Watching movies and snuggling with my boyfriend; Writing; Reading; Listening to music; Drawing; Singing

Posted 24 July 2013 - 01:36 PM

My prediction of George was correct! I love it, very handsome :3 HRH Prince George of Cambridge :-D *does happy dance around the room* It got approval from my bf too, who also predicted George :) I think George Alexander Louis has good flow, and it's got such good history. I'm sure it means something to the Queen that her great-grandson is named after her father, even if his real name wasn't George (which if I remember rightly it wasn't). Anyway, I'll shut up now lol.

Edit: I was reading a post on the popularity of names after they were given to royals, and found it quite interesting. There were also some great articles linked to on the side. It's here if your want to read it yourself: http://www.bbc.co.uk...gazine-23424857
  • Fez likes this

#28 Addison

Addison

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 7,122 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 02:14 PM

Maybe I'm the only one, but I like it :) Not a fan of Louis, but George Alexander is sweet. I would have voted for George Alexander Henry James, but oh well.... I still like it! :wub:
Posted Image

#29 Katie-Nana

Katie-Nana

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Super Moderators
  • 6,652 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 02:20 PM

I like George, but the overall name is kind of blah, I was hoping they would put something interesting in the middle name spot.

#30 boocue

boocue

Superstar Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 659 posts
  • Interests:Science, Technology, Property Development, Names

Posted 24 July 2013 - 02:28 PM

Bit disappointed :( I really can't warm to the name, it just doesn't cut the mustard for me. I cannot stand George but Alexander and Louis are nice, I would have preferred Alexander Henry Spencer James.

#31 MeganMoxie

MeganMoxie

Superstar Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 741 posts
  • Interests:Education (I'm a teacher). Being online, reading and tv. I love to shop, but I can't afford it anymore lol.

Posted 24 July 2013 - 03:02 PM

I feel good that I guessed George last December on here when we were doing predictions :), but I got Alexander and Louis wrong. I like it :)

#32 RoseMarion

RoseMarion

Aspiring Baby Namer

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 04:45 PM

I don't like it, but it has a lot of meaning so it makes sense. Basically I don't really like the name George. Alexander is decent. Louis is okay. Anyway, They are a sweet couple and I wish them all the best with their new little bundle of joy!

#33 Fez

Fez

Epic Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,357 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 09:03 PM

I don't dislike it. I do love that they chose a name that is significant to them.
I was hoping they would include Spencer as a mn, though.

#34 Lazuli

Lazuli

Epic Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • 1,157 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 01:26 AM

I was hoping for Spencer too.

It kind of sucks because it seems they didn't have much choice in the name, you know?
  • AspiePridePassion101 likes this

#35 Laura2013

Laura2013

Star Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 03:53 AM

You know why couldn't they have been brave like Crown Princess of Sweden and her husband, Prince Daniel who decided on Estelle.

They couldn't have used Henry or Edward as they are still in use but I still really hate the name. Everyone I've spoken to hates it, too.

#36 Kookie

Kookie

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 04:32 AM

The name is nice but I wish they'd chosen something less common for a future king. :)

#37 Laura2013

Laura2013

Star Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 05:08 AM

George is common? I've never met a child George!

#38 Laugh-Dream-Love

Laugh-Dream-Love

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 10,799 posts
  • Interests:Watching movies and snuggling with my boyfriend; Writing; Reading; Listening to music; Drawing; Singing

Posted 25 July 2013 - 11:17 AM

George is very common in the UK, I think it's about #6 for boys here. @Laura2013 tbh I find how you're stating your opinion quite rude, sure you don't like the name but it's a bit too much to say you hate it, particularly as there is so much meaning behind the Prince's name. George has been used for generations in the royal family, most recently the Queen's father, and Alexandra is one of the Queen's middle names. Louis is after Lord Mountbatten, Charles' uncle who was murdered by the IRA. Apparently Alexander is also a favourite of Catherine.

I respect that you don't have to like the name, but please be respectful that other people do, and the way that you were stating your opinion felt quite rude. Hate has a very strong meaning, and it's too much to be throwing around in such a casual manner. The name obviously means a lot to Kate and William, and for a future King I think it's handsome and will stand him in a lot better than many children nowadays.

I'm going to stop, before I work myself up.

#39 Lazuli

Lazuli

Epic Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • 1,157 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 11:26 AM

My friend named her son George. He does by his middle name, which is Max.

I'm not a particular fan of George. But, for a royal name, it's strong and handsome. I was hoping they would "change it up" a little bit. Maybe Alexander George Louis? But, as I said, it seems they didn't have too many options when choosing. They aren't going to be like celebrities in the States calling their kids Bear, Pilot and whatnot.

#40 Laura2013

Laura2013

Star Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 02:18 PM

George is very common in the UK, I think it's about #6 for boys here. @Laura2013 tbh I find how you're stating your opinion quite rude, sure you don't like the name but it's a bit too much to say you hate it, particularly as there is so much meaning behind the Prince's name. George has been used for generations in the royal family, most recently the Queen's father, and Alexandra is one of the Queen's middle names. Louis is after Lord Mountbatten, Charles' uncle who was murdered by the IRA. Apparently Alexander is also a favourite of Catherine.

I respect that you don't have to like the name, but please be respectful that other people do, and the way that you were stating your opinion felt quite rude. Hate has a very strong meaning, and it's too much to be throwing around in such a casual manner. The name obviously means a lot to Kate and William, and for a future King I think it's handsome and will stand him in a lot better than many children nowadays.

I'm going to stop, before I work myself up.

I know George is for the Queen's father and it was only a few hours later I remembered that. I love Alexander and Louis. One is on my name list and the other is a cousin's name.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users