• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 The Future Mrs B

The Future Mrs B

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,094 posts
  • Interests:Music, names and my friends.

Posted 08 May 2012 - 01:06 PM

I found my new guilty pleasure for a little boy. Jasper Truly Baker. For a couple reasons, as much as I love -er names they don't flow with Baker. But Jasper's so soft sounding and I love it. I'm not sure how many people would mention the Twilight connection. The books have lost steam since Hunger Games came out. Truly is a true guilty pleasure. It's too odd but I love the nn Tru/True but Truman isn't my style.
Ramble done.

#2 Katie-Nana

Katie-Nana

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,652 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 02:18 PM

Hm. Truly on a boy...

Everytime I hear Truly I think of Chitty Chitty Bang Bang where the female lead's character is named Truly Scrumptious. LOL.

I told my mom I liked the name True for a girl and she said the name sounded too stuck-up and prissy. But then a few weeks later she said she was watching some decorating/home improvement show and there was a family with a little girl named Truly and she thought it was really cute. -_- I don't get her some times.

I ADORE the name Jasper. Though instead of twilight I always think of 101 Dalmations :) Did you know that Jasper in the original Disney cartoon was voiced boy Hugh Laurie from House!!!!

I'm apt to agree with you about the -er endings with the last name Baker.

Still its a lovely combo ;)

#3 The Future Mrs B

The Future Mrs B

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 2,094 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 02:24 PM

Hm. Truly on a boy...

Everytime I hear Truly I think of Chitty Chitty Bang Bang where the female lead's character is named Truly Scrumptious. LOL.

I told my mom I liked the name True for a girl and she said the name sounded too stuck-up and prissy. But then a few weeks later she said she was watching some decorating/home improvement show and there was a family with a little girl named Truly and she thought it was really cute. -_- I don't get her some times.

I ADORE the name Jasper. Though instead of twilight I always think of 101 Dalmations :P Did you know that Jasper in the original Disney cartoon was voiced boy Hugh Laurie from House!!!!

Still its a lovely combo :)

I watched 101 Dalmatians a million times and never knew that. Blue October has a song that mentions a boy named Truly.
Yeah, and I love Jasper, Spencer and Summer and I really like Sawyer. But Martin's last name throws them off. ;)

#4 Meghan<3

Meghan<3

Legendary Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,823 posts
  • Interests:Baby names, writing, reading, animals

Posted 08 May 2012 - 05:09 PM

Jasper is a really nice name... I agree, -er names probably won't work with the last name Baker. But Jasper Truly is a handsome combo!

#5 Jay.

Jay.

Superstar Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 697 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 07:27 PM

I kinda like Truly on a boy... though it makes me think of Trudy... But I adore Trust on a boy... <3 Lovvve Jasper

#6 The Future Mrs B

The Future Mrs B

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 2,094 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 07:42 PM

Thanks Meghan.
Jaesin: Virtue names are big around here. I have a cousin named Loyalty, I go to school with a guy named Justice, and I guy whose middle name is Truth. Along with several Graces, Faiths and a Hope. We have a Mercy too. I never would have thought of Trust. I like it though. All the Puritan names wind up as my gp's because they're so different. I really liked Wrestling but it's definitely more a sport than a name. And Gideon, but I'm not brave enough to use it.

#7 PaperHeart

PaperHeart

Genie-ous Baby Namer and Moderator

• Super Moderators
  • 12,161 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 09:37 AM

Hm. Truly on a boy...

I ADORE the name Jasper. Though instead of twilight I always think of 101 Dalmations :P Did you know that Jasper in the original Disney cartoon was voiced boy Hugh Laurie from House!!!!

Still its a lovely combo :)

Finally, someone who actually KNOWS where Jasper truly came from ;) {Did you catch what I did there?!}
Hugh Laurie is the bomb!

Anyhow, back to the topic at hand.
I think True is very feminine, hence I prefer it on a girl. Truly isn't for me though, it's a little too sweet.

Jasper is lovely, but you're right about the "-er" ending clashing with Martin's last name.

#8 Katie-Nana

Katie-Nana

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Super Moderators
  • 6,652 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 06:02 AM

Finally, someone who actually KNOWS where Jasper truly came from -_- {Did you catch what I did there?!}
Hugh Laurie is the bomb!

LOL ;)

I agree!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users