• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Enna

Enna

Aspiring Baby Namer

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 February 2016 - 02:13 PM

Hi, I'm writing a dystopian book and need some help naming characters. The story goes like this: Ecco lives in a country named Arabella.  One day her husband tells her he is leaving with their adopted twins, she thinks he means he doesn't love her.  She later finds out they were living in a made up world, you get there when the Makers take you and put you into this world.  Him leaving her was just them exiting the fake world.  She wakes to find her husband and brother standing over her, they then take her to where they live(a cave where people once lived).  

The story then goes on where they find the twins and find out, even though in the alternate world the twins were 12 and Ecco, her brother, and husband were 23, in reality they were all 16.  They were just put into the Rift(the alternate reality's name) at different times.They also find out that Ecco and her "brother" aren't related and that Ecco and her "husband" never got married in the real world.

The story goes between Ecco's and Akayla's points of view.  Here are my characters so far:

Main Character: Ecco

Main Character: Akayla (She is one of the twins)

Brother: Keaton

Other twin: Aiken, (Sister is Akayla)

Husband: Sam (This is the name I want to change.  I want it to be short, but something that sounds strong.)

I also need both Male and Female names for later in the story when other random characters are Introduced.  The twins will live in a pack of different tribes(Will be 4-13 of them) so I need tribe leader's names and an extra name(Female) who is the one who leads trading and meetings between the tribes.  Note: Tribe leaders names can be any gender.

#2 WriterJones

WriterJones

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,431 posts
  • Interests:Writing, singing, theatre, crocheting, names, movies, music

Posted 04 May 2019 - 08:14 PM

Change Sam's name to Jax, a modern version of the name Jack. Its still three letters, and follows the same consonant-vowel-consonant pattern, but is much more forceful.

Male Names:

-Donovan

-Zion

-Maddox

-Finley

-Rhys

-Bear

-Atticus

-Israel

Female Names:

-Alexa

-Shine