Photo

The names we currently have picked out.

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Poll: do you like the names? (19 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you like the names?

1. I like them both (2 votes [10.53%])

Percentage of vote: 10.53%

2. Like the girls but not the boys (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

3. Like the boys but not the girls (12 votes [63.16%])

Percentage of vote: 63.16%

4. Neither (5 votes [26.32%])

Percentage of vote: 26.32%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 babybear

babybear

Novice Baby Namer

• PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 18 May 2008 - 10:04 PM

Okay these are the girl and boy name me and my hub have come to agree on.

Nala Noreen ( Nah-lah )

Isaac Randolph

the middle names are after family members.

#2 Liz

Liz

Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 18 May 2008 - 11:01 PM

I love Isaac Randolph. Very handsome!

Nala is a little too cutesy sound for my tastes. I'd prefer it as a nickname, maybe for Natalia. It reminds me of The Lion King. Didn't Halle Berry name her daughter Nahla? I read a lot of of Lion King comments after that. I'm also not crazy about the alliteration of Nala Noreen. It's sing songy and increases the cutesy factor.

#3 scarlet520

scarlet520

Expert Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,790 posts
  • Interests:I LOVE reading. I'm into almost every genre and generally read a book a week, if possible. I like Iris Johansen, Karen Marie Moning, Stephen King, James Patterson, Jane Austen, Charlotte Brontë, Diana Gabaldon, Kathy Reichs, and Robert Burns (every Scot's favorite author). I really love music and even got accepted to the Mason Gross School of Performing Arts at Rutgers University (my alma mater) for vocal performance. Unfortunately performance life was not for me, so I went into English Lit and French instead. Music is still a big part of my life, and I like a multitude of musical genres from Reggae to Rock to Opera. I've seen Carmen and La bohème each twice. (And I cry every time.) My husband and I also have a special place in our hearts for The Beatles.

Posted 19 May 2008 - 08:30 AM

I have to agree with Liz, Nala makes me think of The Lion King. Natalia nn Nala would be darling and she wouldn't have people constantly say, "Nala, as in The Lion King? Seriously?" I really can't see Nala being on a business card and people taking her seriously.

Isaac is a very strong boy's name. I like it. Randolph is not one of my favorites, but if it has significance to you I say use it.

#4 rhaego

rhaego

Epic Baby Namer

• Charter Members
  • 1,896 posts

Posted 19 May 2008 - 09:52 AM

Isaac Randolph is very handsome. I'm not much of a fan of Randolph, but it's still very nice and it's significant. I actually think Nahla (spelled that way) is adorable, but it wouldn't grow with her at all. It'd be cute when she was a baby, during school, maybe even a little into college. But once she goes into the business world, it won't fly. I love the idea of Natalia Noreen, though. Then you can call her Nala until she decides she wants to go by Natalia. :]

#5 Kate

Kate

Star Baby Namer

• Charter Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 478 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 10:22 AM

Isaac Randolph is very handsome :) I actually like Nala, and I think that in this case the alliteration is a pro rather than a con, but I can see it failing to grow up with the child. Natalia Noreen, as has been suggested, is lovely.

#6 Smile

Smile

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 1,098 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 07:52 PM

i too agree that isaac randolph is an amazing name. handsome, classic, not trendy, not 'cute', not overused, and ages well!

i like the name nala but i don't think it ages well, i also think it is too short for the combo because the n's bother me but i think that if the first name was longer like natalia noreen, the n's wouldn't bother me as much. i like the idea of nala as a nickname. in a casual, familial, friendly setting, it definitely works, but when she's older and uses it for such professoinal business like things, i just don't see it emitting a great first impression. i like noreen though!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users