#1 brittany111

brittany111

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,912 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 05:51 AM

hi, just researching...
im into names that stick. i dont really want my children having a 1000 nicknames i wnat their names to be short and sweet where people cant really make a nickname out of their name. ie erin, bree, anna, brody, blake etc etc.
its not only long names is annabell (anna, belle, bella) but eliza can also guarantee a nickname too.
just really wanting peoples opinions on f they want their child having thier name used in other forms and also some great short sharp lovely names.

#2 The Future Mrs B

The Future Mrs B

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,094 posts
  • Interests:Music, names and my friends.

Posted 17 June 2011 - 03:26 PM

Off the top of my head....
Cole
Cody
Cain
Caid
Abel
Fritz
Morgan
Tina
Rachael
Renee
Colleen
Summer
June
April

#3 Remy Hadley

Remy Hadley

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,885 posts
  • Interests:♥ baby names ♥ pasta ♥ sherlock holmes ♥ knitting / crocheting ♥ hiking ♥ dogs ♥ sea creatures ♥ birds ♥ nature documentaries ♥ peaceful parenting ♥ cooking ♥

Posted 17 June 2011 - 03:58 PM

Aida
Alma
Amber
Amy
April
Asia
Athena
Aubrey/Audrey
Autumn
Ava
Avery
Avis
Brenda
Brenna/Brynna
Charity
Chelsea
Chloe
Clara/Claire
Clarice
Colleen
Daisy
Dalia
Darlene
Devin
Donna
Eileen
Emma
Erica
Erin
Fallon
Farrah
Felicity
Giselle
Gloria
Gretchen
Haley
Hannah
Harmony
Hazel
Heather
Hillary
Holly
Isis
Justice
Justine
Kara/Cara
Karen
Keisha
Kelsey
Kendra
Kyra
Lila
Mallory
Mara
Margo
Mariah
Marion/Marian
Marley
Marlo
Maura
Maya
Mia
Mira
Morgan
Muriel
Myra
Nadia
Naomi
Nia
Nina
Norma
Paola
Paris
Paula
Payton/Peyton
Phoebe
Piper
Portia
Rachel
Reagan
Rhoda
Robin
Sarai
Shana
Shania
Shannon
Sheila
Simone
Sonia
Summer
Tanya
Tara
Thalia
Theda
Tova
Vera
Wanda
Whitney
Willow
Zelda
Zoe

I'm not sure if you want boys names too, but here's a bunch of girls names!

All I have to say about the nick name thing though... chosing out a name that doesn't look like it'd have nick names stops no one from getting one. Because if a kiddo wants a nick name, they usually find one. I knew a little boy named Eli who was called E. And I read a book where a boy called Miles was called Pudge (cases like this are common for many. Cause its fun to call a kid by a distinctive characteristic of them- or in the books I read's case: the opposite of what they are. Cause he was skinny as a pole haha!). And me personally, my real name has many nick name opportunities that I don't use cause I don't like them. So my bff randomly started calling me by a completely unrelated name and it stuck. So everyone knows me by Remy, even though it has nothing to do with my real name. My family all ended up with nick names, even though my mum hates nick names for the most part and tried naming us something that'd stick. Nathan turned out to go by his last name all the time, I got my nick names, Joshua ended up being called Joshy Bear all the time, and Deena gets called by Deen (much to her disliking) or Deeno Beano, Dee dee, etc. Just completely random rhymes of her name haha!

But, on the bright side, many kids do stick by there full names whether there are nick name opportunities or not. I know Katherine's who stick by just that. Some occasionally go by Kat or Kath, but they prefer going by Katherine most the time. Alexa's/Alexis's that stay by this instead of Lexi or Allie. And my friend is an Allison that stays by Allison and no Ally's.

So I guess it depends on the kiddo. Cause some just love nick names and they'll search them out and all. Some just don't like them and stay by there name. :D

Good luck!!! :P

#4 Maddiepiez

Maddiepiez

Junior Baby Namer

• Bronze Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 11:55 PM

Some names that came to my mind are:

Girls:

Paige
Lucia
Amelie
Isla
Elise
Inara
Layla
Jade
Lilah
Elodie
Ava
Lucille
Talia
Violet
Thea
Ruby
Bijou
Cora

Boys:

Lachlan
Rhylan
Taryn
Lucian (loo-shin or loo-see-in)
Ash
Reid
Soren (sore-in)
Jamie
Vaughn
Dias
River
Wyatt
Pierce
Nolan
Leland

Hope I helped! (:

#5 destinyandfaith

destinyandfaith

Novice Baby Namer

• PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 10:02 AM

The best thing you can do if you don't want them to have a nickname is use a name that is already a nickname. But I'll do my best to think of some short and sweet names that are (almost) impossible to nickname.

Short and sweet
Eve
Maya
Lily
May
Mariah
Madison
Mia
Leah
Ally
Anne
Annie
Bea
Noelle
Hannah
Haley
Reba
Yvette
Yvonne
Paige
Amber
Sage
Donna
Grace
Gracie
Gloria
Jill
Jenna
Kate
Kay
Kira
Kyra (Ky-ruh)
Lindsey
Lynn
Lanie
Lane
Lola
Layla
Leila
Lilo
Naomi
Nora
Nyssa
Opal
Penny
Polly
Queen
Queenie
Renee
Riley
Rae
Sally
Sam
Sarah
Sunny
Tara
Taylor
Tina
Tia
Violet
Zora
Zola
Zoe

#6 ShannonElizabeth

ShannonElizabeth

Power Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 830 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 11:19 AM

My Grandma wanted names that couldn't be shortened to nicknames too.
So she named her three kids Joan (My Mom), Donald {Although I think that was pretty odd considering he ALWAYS goes by Don} and Nancy.

She immediatly started calling my mom Joany. Now she just calls her Joan. (Even though my mom hated it) and she calls Donald, Don never Donald. And she calls Nancy, Nanc.
So, I think kids will always end up with nicknames..

My mom named me Shannon, and other than Shanny/Shanni no one really called my by a nickname until one of my friends started calling me "Shay/Shae" Some people call me Shay, and only Shay. But some people call me only Shannon (And ocasionally Shanny or Shan if they are too lazy to call me Shannon)

To be honest, I always wanted a cool nickname when everyone called me Shannon and I always wanted a name like Alyson so I could be called Aly.

And even short names can have nicknames, my best friend Kyla's parents always call her Ky. And so does her sister.

I don't know what the point was to this.. :D Haha.

#7 -TebowTime-

-TebowTime-

Legendary Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,472 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 02:12 PM

Here are a few:

Aiden
Tate
Gage
Yale