• Interests:Bones
    Mysteries
    Baking
    Photography
    Science
    Writing
    Reading

Posted 28 June 2008 - 10:01 PM

Taylor is soooooooooooooooooooooo cute on a girl!!! It's my sister's middle name, Amanda Taylor. Anddd I have a good friend, Taylor Renee. Anddd my mom's friend Liz has a daughter Taylor. Andd my sister in law has a daughter Cheyenne Taylor.

#22 Haylelujah

Haylelujah

Aspiring Baby Namer

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 06 July 2008 - 09:06 AM

I also can't stand Brayden or Madison, today or any other day.

Any surname on a girl, boys' name on a girl, nicknames such as Millie/ Ellie/ Alfie, or -ayden name on a boy are unattractive to me. Two names I don't like today: Sailor and Harry

#23 Tish+Jacob

Tish+Jacob

Aspiring Baby Namer

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 07 July 2008 - 07:59 PM

I love the name Madison lol I can't stand the names

Girls: Katherine, Celeste, Janine, Aoife, Kelly, Tiffany, Debbie, Deborah, Justine, Jacinta, Justice.
Boys: Aaron, Aidan, Jake, Christian, Kevin, Norbert, Roland, Ronald, Lee.

they're all I can think of at the mo,

Tish :P

#24 Alexis!

Alexis!

Epic Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,614 posts
  • Interests:Bones
    Mysteries
    Baking
    Photography
    Science
    Writing
    Reading

Posted 13 July 2008 - 10:26 AM

Today...I hate Heaven. I was in a doctors office once and the doctor called this girl, Heaven Love. Turns out her middle was Lee. Heaven Lee Love. Is that not soooooo cruel?!?!?!
  • Cass likes this

#25 Jellybean

Jellybean

Superstar Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 635 posts
  • Interests:-Watching movies<br />-Reading (specially poetry)<br />-Writing<br />-Playing with my daughter<br />-Travelling<br />-Learning different languages

Posted 11 August 2008 - 04:35 PM

Cabella(it sounds like "cabelo",which means hair in portuguese)
Ariadne

#26 Onceuponatime

Onceuponatime

Aspiring Baby Namer

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 06 September 2008 - 10:47 PM

I'm sick of Jayden for sure! As for girls names I think I've heard enough of Vivienne and Adelaide!

#27 gypsybandit

gypsybandit

Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 16 September 2008 - 11:19 PM

Larry and Marlane

#28 Hannah

Hannah

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 1,785 posts
  • Interests:I love writing, reading, sports of any kind(my favorites being basketball & soccer), music, and hanging out with my friends and family.

AND, I of course love thinking of baby names even though that is a VERY far in the future thing for me because I'm still young!

Posted 17 September 2008 - 05:49 PM

Neveah it's never been cute in any way shape or form in my opinion. Also I really can't stand Madison, Olivia, or Rose anymore.

Boys- I really can't think of any, except Jasper, I really don't like Jasper.

#29 Dominique

Dominique

Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 19 September 2008 - 09:14 PM

Sorry if I offend anyone, but I don't care for:
Nicole, Lauren, Rachel, Stephenie, Michelle, Megan, Tiffany, Debbie, Rebecca (I think you get my drift with these played out 80's names lol),
Neveah,
Dakota or any other state or city being used as a name,
Louise,
Martha,
Rose,
Rita ( I'm okay with some older names, but then theres a lot that I just don't care for),
anything that sounds totally made up lol.

For a boy I really just don't care for:
Norman,
Carl,
Louis,
Martin,
Justin,
and I am sure there are more I just can't think of lol.

#30 scarlet520

scarlet520

Expert Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 1,790 posts
  • Interests:I LOVE reading. I'm into almost every genre and generally read a book a week, if possible. I like Iris Johansen, Karen Marie Moning, Stephen King, James Patterson, Jane Austen, Charlotte Brontë, Diana Gabaldon, Kathy Reichs, and Robert Burns (every Scot's favorite author). I really love music and even got accepted to the Mason Gross School of Performing Arts at Rutgers University (my alma mater) for vocal performance. Unfortunately performance life was not for me, so I went into English Lit and French instead. Music is still a big part of my life, and I like a multitude of musical genres from Reggae to Rock to Opera. I've seen Carmen and La bohème each twice. (And I cry every time.) My husband and I also have a special place in our hearts for The Beatles.

Posted 19 September 2008 - 09:19 PM

Right now I can't stand Janelle and Logyn/Logan.

#31 kelsie__

kelsie__

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 1,538 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 07:25 AM

I don't like the sound of Paityn but i love the spelling. I don't like Toni for a girl or Laura. :)

#32 Remy Hadley

Remy Hadley

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,883 posts
  • Interests:♥ baby names ♥ pasta ♥ sherlock holmes ♥ knitting / crocheting ♥ hiking ♥ dogs ♥ sea creatures ♥ birds ♥ nature documentaries ♥ peaceful parenting ♥ cooking ♥

Posted 13 July 2010 - 10:06 AM

The only name I've ever really disliked a lot would be:

Dominique and Dominic

Not sure why.

But we really don't make polls like this for the reason Peter posted:

Hopefully nobody reading these has one of the names :)
Or if they do... that they don't take it personally.

I'm not offended that plenty of people dislike my name, I'm not an offend-able type :P But still, BNG doesn't really have topics about names we dislike because we like to keep the positive attitude, ya know :P It's fun to focus on the names we like and helping others find the names they like...

Hope I don't sound like a snoot or anything for not liking this topic, and it is kinda hypocrit-like (how do you change this tense? :o ) to post the two names I really dislike. But yeah, many people get offended over the littlest things... so it's always good to be careful, especially on how you say it ;)

Toodle-oo! :) ~Haddie

#33 Eva Phoenix

Eva Phoenix

Superstar Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 576 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 01:51 PM

The only name I've ever really disliked a lot would be:

Dominique and Dominic

Not sure why.

But we really don't make polls like this for the reason Peter posted:

I'm not offended that plenty of people dislike my name, I'm not an offend-able type ;) But still, BNG doesn't really have topics about names we dislike because we like to keep the positive attitude, ya know :) It's fun to focus on the names we like and helping others find the names they like...

Hope I don't sound like a snoot or anything for not liking this topic, and it is kinda hypocrit-like (how do you change this tense? :P ) to post the two names I really dislike. But yeah, many people get offended over the littlest things... so it's always good to be careful, especially on how you say it :P

Toodle-oo! :) ~Haddie

Hayden Taylor - what you're looking for is "hypocritical". But I think I'm liking "hypocrite-like" better. : P

I can't stand "extreme" names (can't think of a better word) that either sound like an inside joke between the parents (example, Tallulah Does the Hula From Hawaii), or seem to "billboard" the parents political views (like the kid named Adolf Hitler with sister Aryan Nation).

#34 -Tara

-Tara

Epic Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 02:28 PM

ive never like the names..
Samantha(any thing with Sam
Alex or anything with the name alex
Tiffany- i know a girl with this name and i cannot stand her

even though Alexander is a cute mn its just nms

#35 sahd721

sahd721

Star Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 358 posts
  • Interests:My baby boy, Brody.

Posted 14 July 2010 - 02:29 AM

I've never liked Tina either, and I don't really know why. I came across a Tilly at the supermarket and I just wanted to grimace. Sure, some of the nicknames I like may be cutesy, and there's nothing wrong with a-nickname-as-a-first-name, but I felt like cringing. Tilly sounds like an old lady's name to me.

We nicknamed my sister's car, Tilly. This made me giggle... I couldn't imagine naming an actual person Tilly.

Today...I hate Heaven. I was in a doctors office once and the doctor called this girl, Heaven Love. Turns out her middle was Lee. Heaven Lee Love. Is that not soooooo cruel?!?!?!

It is cruel. But I definitely prefer Heaven to Nevaeh.

Neveah it's never been cute in any way shape or form in my opinion.

Agree. So overused... I just don't get the trend.

#36 Remy Hadley

Remy Hadley

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,883 posts
  • Interests:♥ baby names ♥ pasta ♥ sherlock holmes ♥ knitting / crocheting ♥ hiking ♥ dogs ♥ sea creatures ♥ birds ♥ nature documentaries ♥ peaceful parenting ♥ cooking ♥

Posted 14 July 2010 - 09:07 AM

Hayden Taylor - what you're looking for is "hypocritical". But I think I'm liking "hypocrite-like" better. : P

I can't stand "extreme" names (can't think of a better word) that either sound like an inside joke between the parents (example, Tallulah Does the Hula From Hawaii), or seem to "billboard" the parents political views (like the kid named Adolf Hitler with sister Aryan Nation).

Haha, a master of the English language- I am! :)

But I can honestly say I really dislike really radical names :/ (or extreme! :P )

It really really depresses me when parents use names that are going to put down a child in any way, shape, or form. Whether it's a name that is totally wacky (like maybe nlaiehfaeky ;) ) to a name that just wont age well (an eighty year old Lululu would be kinda awkward.... :) ).

Parents don't always seem to consider a child's welfare when they consider names- and those are the names I can't stand <3

Though of course, there are plenty of parents who don't care about their kids who give them really nice names! I know a woman who couldn't care less about her kids, yet she gave them better names then a lot of kids today! (as in, she named them Robert, Andrew, Henry, Allison, and Michael).

So not caring about your kids welfare is no excuse for a bad name! :P

~Haddie

#37 Riley-Kate

Riley-Kate

Star Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 429 posts
  • Interests:Acting<br />Dancing<br />Singing<br />

Posted 17 July 2010 - 10:41 PM

Navaeh
Brittany
Prynn
Anya
Honor
Heaven
Traverse (I have heard this before :S)
Hartlea
Eve/Eva
Alba
Grier/Greer
Siobhan
Kyla
Libby
Georgina/Georgia
Lucille
Martha
Martina
Cadence
Constance
Patience
Temperance
Candace

Vladimir
Isaac
Judah
Judas
Jude
Levi
Atticus
Lou
Edwin
Silas

Some names I've heard recently that I don't like:

Brittalee
Charlotine (Combo of Charlotte and Caroline??)
Jesika (pronounced yeh-see-kah)
Solaris
Competence (all i could think of when I heard this was W T F ? )

Brody
Markala (for a boy??)
Jimson

#38 Riley-Kate

Riley-Kate

Star Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 429 posts
  • Interests:Acting<br />Dancing<br />Singing<br />

Posted 17 July 2010 - 10:52 PM

One more i just found on facebook: FLANNERY. on a girl. She's this gorgeous, ten year old red head but that name is just VERY unfortunate.

#39 summercandy

summercandy

Novice Baby Namer

• PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 05:31 PM

I can't stand names that are REALLY over used : Sarah, Ashley, Brittany, Madison
I also can't stand "Gabby"
I hate boy names like : Alexander, Michael just really over used
and I can't stand "Cadence"

#40 NicoleMarie

NicoleMarie

Star Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 06:24 PM

For girls I have always hated the names Erin, Morgan, Jordan, Molly, Isabella, Megan and Courtney.
For boys I dont like Henry (wayyy too old fashioned!), Aiden, Daniel, Jayden (this is all girl to me), David, Joesph, Gabriel & Jackson.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users