• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

#21 Erin (was NameFreak) :-)

Erin (was NameFreak) :-)

Superstar Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 678 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing, horses, tennis, volleyball, animals, marine biology, cooking, names, dancing, singing, clothes, science, history, world cultures and geography....Ummm....Pretty much everything but math!

Posted 27 November 2009 - 08:18 PM

I am Erin Elizabeth

I almost was: Alyssa Erin/Elizabeth Erin/Erin Alyssa
My mom and dad had those names in mind, and they liked Erin Elizabeth the best. I prefer Alyssa to Erin, but whatever. I'll deal. So, my initials spell E.E.L. Lovely, huh? It would've made the same sound had they incorporated Alyssa. I do love Elizabeth though. Why they didn't make that my first name I do not know......

#22 Guest_Zayda_*

Guest_Zayda_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 November 2009 - 10:52 AM

:o :o :blink:

No es por nada, pero ahora ya puedo entender porque no te gustaba tu nombre :blink:. Para mi, "Say-da" es como siempre lo habia dicho y la verdad nunca me parecio un "mal" nombre, pero "Zaida" en español deja mucho que desear :blink:
En qué estaba pensando tu mamá!!! :(

Jaja Deysi!

No creo que mi madre estaba pensando! Mi abuela la trato de cambiar la mente, pero mi madre se pone muy terca cuando se trata de salirse con la suya.

Yo tenia como 17 años quando me comenzo a gustar mi nombre. Pero bueno, que opción tenia, no?

PS: sorry for the mistakes, I'm sure I made some. I speak it more than I write it, so I've lost my 'touch'. I'm sure Evy will come on here to correct me soon enough. :o

#23 PaperHeart

PaperHeart

Genie-ous Baby Namer and Moderator

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,160 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 11:53 AM

No es por nada, pero ahora ya puedo entender porque no te gustaba tu nombre :o. Para mi, "Say-da" es como siempre lo habia dicho y la verdad nunca me parecio un "mal" nombre, pero "Zaida" en español deja mucho que desear :blink:
En qué estaba pensando tu mamá!!! :(

--Wonders what you two are talking about.. wishes she could have taken Spanish instead of German-- :o

Hmm.

My mum always wanted to name her first daughter Danielle - her mum used to foster a LOT, and they had a little girl called Danielle from the age of about .. 3 months, until she was 5 - and my grandma was trying to adopt her - but her mum came back .. > Spiteful cow < and took her back.

My mum LOVED her, and so she said that if she ever had a girl, she'd name her Danielle!

When mum found out she was having twins, she thought of the names;

Anneliese - I would have loved it actually. Shame I don't look like an Anneliese..
Shani (Hebrew name > Jenny)
Ma'ayan (Which my dad later used with his new wife .. Grrr. Well. Shame for him. He used my recycled name. :blink:) -- I know, I'm evil.

And some more that I can't remember. :o

My name was only thought up when I was about.. 3 weeks old?

My mum used to call us Maxi and Minnie (Because I was VERY small) > 2 months pre-mature <

And from Minnie, she got YasMINe. (:

Dad agreed because it was a hebrew (Or Persian) name, so it was settled. :')

Danielle and Yasmine.

Mum wanted to give us mn's, but dad said no, because he was 'bullied' for his at school > Guy Ezra <.

She wanted a french mn, because we both had hebrew fn's, but the decision was made, and now, I feel unprivilidged and sad. :blink:

Nice little story there. :')

-Yas <3

#24 Hannah

Hannah

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,785 posts
  • Interests:I love writing, reading, sports of any kind(my favorites being basketball & soccer), music, and hanging out with my friends and family.

AND, I of course love thinking of baby names even though that is a VERY far in the future thing for me because I'm still young!

Posted 28 November 2009 - 12:03 PM

I am: Hannah Rachelle

I was almost:
Chelsea Renee- My mom liked Chelsea, dad had no preference on names so he was up for anything, and Renee is after my aunt.
Chelsea Dawn- I'm not sure why, but mom was fixated on Dawn. I'm okay with Chelsea, but I don't look like a Chelsea.
Chelsea Kay- Kay is my mom's middle name and my great aunt's.
Chelsea Danielle- After her dad that passed away, Daniel, I could have gotten used to it, though I'm not a real fan of either name now.
Skyler Dawn- I don't know what my mom was thinking. Ever since I found out she thought about the name Skyler, I've been forever greatful to my mamaw for telling her no! :(
Skyler Renee- Again, after my aunt Renee.
Skyler Danielle- Her dad.

If I had been a boy:
Caleb Scott- Mom's always loved the name Caleb, and Scott is my dad's middle name.
Caleb Daniel- After her dad.
Tyler Scott- Mom loved the name Tyler and if she had twins (a boy and a girl) we would have been Tyler and Skyler. lol.
Tyler Daniel- Again.

I would've liked Tyler Scott, I like both names and it would've been cool to have been named after dad.

I don't know who suggested Hannah, but I'm glad they chose it in the end, and I love my middle name!

#25 Guest_Zayda_*

Guest_Zayda_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 November 2009 - 12:14 PM

--Wonders what you two are talking about.. wishes she could have taken Spanish instead of German-- :(

Basically, now Deysi understands why she doesn't like my name. :o And I agree with her, at least I did, until I was 17 at which point I gave up.

#26 PaperHeart

PaperHeart

• Super Moderators
  • 12,160 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 12:42 PM

OHMYGOD.

But Zayda, I LOVE your name!

PS. I always say it Z-ay-da... :( :o :o

Whoopsies..

-Yas <3

#27 Evy

Evy

Superstar Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • 740 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 01:48 PM

OHMYGOD.

But Zayda, I LOVE your name!

PS. I always say it Z-ay-da... :( :o :o

Whoopsies..

-Yas <3

we probably dont know how to pronounce it. it IS an arabic name after all.

#28 PaperHeart

PaperHeart

• Super Moderators
  • 12,160 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 02:06 PM

So it's Say-da..?

--tries helplessly to say it correctly--

-Yas <3

#29 Evy

Evy

Superstar Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • 740 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 02:27 PM

So it's Say-da..?

--tries helplessly to say it correctly--

-Yas <3

i dunno! i'm not arabic. :(

#30 PaperHeart

PaperHeart

• Super Moderators
  • 12,160 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 02:30 PM

Evs, how do you say it?! --cries--

:(

-Yas <3

#31 Evy

Evy

Superstar Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • 740 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 02:51 PM

Evs, how do you say it?! --cries--

:o

-Yas <3

Zay-da? :( Mom, you have a WEIRD name!!!

#32 PaperHeart

PaperHeart

• Super Moderators
  • 12,160 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 02:56 PM

LOL! :(

Zay-da like... say (But with a Z) and Duh?

or Zai, like 'Eye'..?

I've confused my little brain!

-Yas <3

#33 Evy

Evy

Superstar Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • 740 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 03:08 PM

Zay-duh.

done!

#34 PaperHeart

PaperHeart

• Super Moderators
  • 12,160 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 03:12 PM

That's how I say it.. but Your mum said Say-da..

I'm so confused!! My poor little brain can't take much more of this Evy Marie!!

-Yas <3

#35 Evy

Evy

Superstar Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • 740 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 04:17 PM

That's how I say it.. but Your mum said Say-da..

I'm so confused!! My poor little brain can't take much more of this Evy Marie!!

-Yas <3

honestly? they both sound the same to me

:(

#36 ~Nadezhda

~Nadezhda

Epic Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • 1,588 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 04:28 PM

I was named Nadia-- we don't use middle names here.
My mom choose this name while she was with my grandmother, who was very sick at the time. (She then died a few months after I was born). She says it just popped into her head, and since my grandma adored it, it was chosen.

Names that were considered for me:

Olga: my grandmother's name. She hated it and told my mom to never use it :(
Lavinia: A little too pompous for my taste.
Alice (pronounced ah-LEE-chay): I actually really like this, but it would rhyme with my last name in a horrible way.
Angelica: So glad it wasn't chosen.
Cecilia. (chay-CHEE-lee-a): Same as Alice. It's a name I love, but it sounds ridiculous with my last name. (Though I hope to use Cecelia for a daughter!)

If I had been a boy, my name would've been Marco. It's my dad's favorite boy name, and he wanted to use it for his first son.
Too bad he ended up having three daughters! LOL

#37 Amanda Lynn

Amanda Lynn

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 1,146 posts
  • Interests:writing, reading, playing name games.

Posted 28 November 2009 - 10:40 PM

I was named after the Barry Mantalow song "Mandy" and Boston's "Amanda". Lynn is my mother's middle name.

Almost Named:

Kimberly Anne - Mom liked this combo but her cousin named her daughter this before I was born so that put it out of the running. Funny though, because one of my best friends is named this.

Stephanie Caitlyn - Mom liked this but Dad vetoed it...don't know why though.

If I was a boy:

Charles Alan - After my godfather.

My brother's real name:
Charles Andrew

Named for our godfather but Mom's mom vetoed Alan since my Mom's younger brother's middle name is Alan so Mom and Dad changed it to Andrew.

If my brother had been a girl, he'd have been Stephanie Caitlyn.

#38 kwatts

kwatts

Superstar Baby Namer

• Senior Members
  • 736 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 11:49 PM

My parents always went through quite the naming process. So, at first I almost was:

-Kehli or Kellyann: My parents went with a KE initial name for all their kids and couldn't agree on my first name. Eventually, they decided on the compromise Kehliann. But anybody who's known me for awhile knows I rarely go by Kehliann. I use Kehli or Kehl most of the times. It's just easier and quicker to say.

Once they decided on the first name, they almost made my MN:

-Everly: My mom or my dad (I forget) came up with this name, but they said they thought about it and "decided we couldn't give a child two unusual names." (quote courtesy of my mother) So, they chose Elise for my middle name.

And thus, my name is Kehliann Elise.

I like that my parents had a process. Somedays, I'm not real sure if I like my name. But I'm always grateful that my parents put a lot of time and thought into my name. They didn't just go with the first name they saw and liked. They really thought about it, and I respect that.

#39 JENN2688

JENN2688

Legendary Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,508 posts

Posted 29 November 2009 - 12:02 AM

Well, I am Jennifer Michelle.

I was almost Nicolette Sheridan after my mother's favorite actress from Knots Landing!

Thankfully, while my mother was recovering from a very difficult birth, my dad gave me the name Jennifer Michelle, which was his favortie name! (Needless to say, my mother was very angry at my dad for a while b/c he gave me this name). He blamed it on her on the anesthesia and them needing a name to go on my birth certificate.

Jennifer was a little overused in the 80's but glad I am not Nicolette Sheridan, even though it is a pretty name.

#40 Gwyneth

Gwyneth

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 1,027 posts
  • Interests:I love reading, and writing, handging out with my friends, Drama and listening to music. I can't sing to save my life. I kinda like walking my dog, I love all animals, and travelling.

Posted 29 November 2009 - 07:49 AM

Well I'm Gwyneth Catherine

My dad decided on Gwyneth way before i was born, and he wouldn't change his mind. My mum came up with Catherine after a good friend. If i was a boy i would have been called Rowan which i really like. So there weren't any names i was nearly called, my dad was just too stubborn.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users