#1 Kookie

Kookie

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 02:42 PM

Hi guys <3

Recently I have been loving the name Anna. The other day I was out for lunch with my friends and we were discussing names and one of my friends said that her mum told her if she was not happy with her name, she could shorten it to Anna (but she likes her full name anyway). So then everyone started talking about Anna. Everyone at the table (except from that friend) said that they didn't like Anna because it was "too common" and "boring" so I'm starting to think maybe that's true? Because I would want my kid to feel special and not one of many "Anna's" in a class at school.

What are your thoughts on this? Anything is greatly appreciated :). The combo I had in mind was Anna Cadence

#2 Addison

Addison

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,122 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 03:00 PM

I love Anna. I think it's so refreshing to meet Anna's, compared to all the "kre8ive" names out there. It's a classic.

I have it as a middle name on my list (Holland Anna Caroline) because of that reason, too. I don't want my daughter to be one of so many Anna's.

If I did use it as a first, I'd want her to have a really WOW kind of middle name.

Some random middles:
Anna Genevieve
Anna Persephone
Anna Jessamine
Anna Victory
Anna Miriam
Anna December
Anna Gwendolyn
Anna Rosalind
Anna Juliet (I know one, I think it's darling. She goes by both names, Anna-Juliet, and her middle name is Grace)
Anna Meredith
Anna Penelope
Anna Beatrice
Anna Floralia
Anna Marigold
Anna Blythe
Anna Zephyrine
Anna Valentine
Anna Cordelia
Anna Valerie
Anna Chrysanthemum
Anna Waverly
Anna Juniper

#3 EmilyA

EmilyA

Power Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 870 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 03:09 PM

Anya would be the perfect alternative to not get lost in the see of Anna's. I do admit that Anna is a gorgeous and classic name even if it is a little popular.

#4 Kookie

Kookie

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 03:18 PM

~Addy~
Wow! Thanks for all the suggestions- Holland Anna Caroline is gorgeous by the way!
I like Anna Gwendolyn, Anna Juliet, Anna Meredith, Anna Blythe and Anna Juniper!

~EmilyA~
I actually really like Anya but had never thought of it! Thanks! That's going on my list!

#5 Addison

Addison

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 7,122 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 03:21 PM

I like Anya, but I like Ana more. Ana is AWH-nah.

#6 Kookie

Kookie

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 03:24 PM

Ana is nice but I guess it just doesn't sound right in my accent lol :)

#7 Laugh-Dream-Love

Laugh-Dream-Love

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 10,799 posts
  • Interests:Watching movies and snuggling with my boyfriend; Writing; Reading; Listening to music; Drawing; Singing

Posted 12 August 2013 - 03:53 AM

I love Anna, but I'm stuck forever using it in the middle :-( I don't know many Annas, but I do know lots of Hannahs, including myself lol, so it seems refreshing to me. I like Addy's suggestion of Anna Persephone.

#8 Remy Hadley

Remy Hadley

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • 7,884 posts
  • Interests:♥ baby names ♥ pasta ♥ sherlock holmes ♥ knitting / crocheting ♥ hiking ♥ dogs ♥ sea creatures ♥ birds ♥ nature documentaries ♥ peaceful parenting ♥ cooking ♥

Posted 12 August 2013 - 08:32 AM

I love Anna, and I adore the nick name Annie <3 But it does come off as boring to many, I feel :( Everyone knows an Anna, or Anne, or something of that sort. Its been popular for ages. But I see the appeal to it, and I feel like I can see how charming Anna really is <3

Haha I like Anya, but I'm a bit biased being my new puppies name is Anya ;)

I like different forms of Anna though. Annaliese, Annabel, Annalie, etc :)

#9 Sharkie

Sharkie

Junior Baby Namer

• Bronze Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 09:53 AM

Anna is a beautiful classic name. I have never met anyone named Anna though. :)

#10 Katie-Nana

Katie-Nana

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Super Moderators
  • 6,652 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 10:36 AM

I'm not sure how popular Anna is in the UK, but here in the US I don't think it is all that common. Because it is a long used classic, it does seem to be an everyday name and not the least bit unusual. But I don't think it is a name that you come across as being used all that often. My middle name is Ann and when I was younger I really liked the idea of using Anna for a first name. My cousin named her daughter Annabel however so I don't think I'll use it now. But I still like the name. I think Anna has a simple elegance about it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users