8 replies to this topic

#1 ashooles

ashooles

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,952 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 05:24 PM

I never, ever used to like the name Isla. I would cringe when I heard it, but recently I have done a complete turn around and have found myself seriously in love with the name (I'm weird, I know). Has this ever happened to anyone else before?

And what are some middle name suggestions? I have none! I was kind of thinking Isla Isabel? But they might be too close, even though they sound different? I don't know.

Your suggestions are much appreciated :)

Thanks,
Ashleigh

#2 -TebowTime-

-TebowTime-

Legendary Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,472 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 05:36 PM

Yes, that happens to me all the time! lol.

#3 Remy Hadley

Remy Hadley

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • 7,884 posts
  • Interests:♥ baby names ♥ pasta ♥ sherlock holmes ♥ knitting / crocheting ♥ hiking ♥ dogs ♥ sea creatures ♥ birds ♥ nature documentaries ♥ peaceful parenting ♥ cooking ♥

Posted 09 July 2011 - 06:46 PM

Same here, really! Isla used to make me cringe... but I now kinda really like it~ <3 Not sure why haha...

But Isla Isabel is a bit too close... even though they sound different enough...

Hmm... Maybe...

Isla Cordelia
Isla Josephine
Isla Roxanne
Isla Cheyenne
Isla Courtney
Isla Mariella/e
Isla Cassidy/Cassandra
Isla Sophie
Isla Nouvelle
Isla Jasmine/Yasmine
Isla Penelope
Isla Genevieve
Isla Guinevere
Isla Madison
Isla Madeleine

Here's a few, what do you think? Would you like more? :)

#4 ashooles

ashooles

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 5,952 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 05:29 PM

Thanks. I really like these ones (bolded are my absolute faves)

Isla Josephine
Isla Roxanne
Isla Cheyenne
Isla Courtney
Isla Marielle
Isla Jasmine
Isla Genevieve
Isla Madison

And...I'm at my grandparents, so I'm kind of bored lol. What do you think of...

Isla Hope?
Isla Jean?
Isla Leanne?

and...

Makinley Jade?
Makinley Victoria?
Makinley Matilda?

and for a boy....

the name Tanner?

#5 Remy Hadley

Remy Hadley

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • 7,884 posts
  • Interests:♥ baby names ♥ pasta ♥ sherlock holmes ♥ knitting / crocheting ♥ hiking ♥ dogs ♥ sea creatures ♥ birds ♥ nature documentaries ♥ peaceful parenting ♥ cooking ♥

Posted 10 July 2011 - 05:38 PM

Isla Hope sounds really sweet, Isla Jean is absolutely gorgeous! And Isla Leanne is okay, but I don't care for how the L's kinda clash <3

Makinley is a cute name, I like how it sounds a lot! But, I don't like how the spelling looks :/ Hmm... McKinley? I kinda like that! Maybe Mikinley... I dunno so much on that one either lol. Just a personal opinion there lol.

Makinley Jade is kinda sweet. Normally, I would't care for a name like Jade. But my bf's grandma is named Jade and since I met her it's been growing on me :) <3 But, it flows fine.

Makinley Victoria is pretty! The flow feels slightly off with how long both names are and all, but otherwise it's pretty.

Kinley Matilda sounds nice as well! I like :)

If you don't mind a suggestion, Makinley Regan would sound absolutely gorgeous! <3

And Tanner is a handsome name~ I met a boy with this name, and he could fluently speak German and I thought he was pretty cool! A tad dorky and all, but in a really cute sort of way :P So thats the impression I get, dorky and smart but in the cute way.

Did you want more middle name suggestions? For Isla, Makinley, or Tanner? :) Just lemme know, cause I'm super bored myself! I've been sitting at home with nowhere to go and I already cleaned my room up and redestroyed it! Not up to doing that again... hehe <3

#6 ashooles

ashooles

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 5,952 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 05:52 PM

Hahaha, sure. More name suggestions would be great!!!!

I'm kind of in love with Isla Jean at the moment. I just can't get it out of my head since it came to mind haha.

As for the spelling of Makinley...I chose that spelling because I really can't stand the names with the capital letter in the middle McKinley. It just doesn't look right for me, yet I love all those names. And it looks too last namish without the A there and I don't like that either. I thought Mackinley didn't look right, so...yeah, I resorted to Makinley.

I asked about Makinley Jade, because it's my middle name and it's like a classic 'filler' middle name which I have a thing for lol.

Thanks!

#7 Alexis!

Alexis!

Epic Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,614 posts
  • Interests:Bones
    Mysteries
    Baking
    Photography
    Science
    Writing
    Reading

Posted 10 July 2011 - 06:17 PM

I went through the same things with the same name! Isla Jean is on my list too, along with Isla Jane.

I'm not a fan of Makinley, but Kinley alone is super cute! Kinley Matilda :) Kinley Jade would be cute too.

#8 Starlight

Starlight

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,812 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 01:35 AM

Haha this happened to me with Aubrey and Ainsley.. I used to cringe and now im in love with them :)

I like Isla!!
Though sadly, Isla Isabel is very similar sounding. But I love both Isla and Isabel separate!

I adore Isla Hope. :)

and.... Makinley Matilda is absolutely gorgeous!

Isla Jean is short and sweet. :P

#9 Conversation Heart

Conversation Heart

Notable Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 174 posts
  • Interests:Cake decorating, genealogy, history, philosophy, coin collecting, science, sewing, composing music

Posted 12 July 2011 - 07:32 PM

Oooh, yes. This has happened to me more times then I can count, but a few names that this happened to me with are:

Elle
Allison
Imogen
Lenore
Kyleigh

Dominic
Isaic
Jason
Michael
Nathaniel

And more! Don't worry, you're not the only one that it has happened to.

As for your idea, I have to go against it. They're both pretty names, but they aren't the best combo and they look too similar written down.

A few suggestions...

Isla Grace
Isla Kailee
Isla Lindsey
Isla Nephele
Isla Ruby
Isla Jennifer
Isla Lyric
Isla Sophie
Isla Rose
Isla Morgan
Isla Vanessa
Isla Whitney
Isla McKenna
Isla Michelle

Isla Jean is short and sweet (as well as cute), and it sounds like you might've found your one, but I'll put in my two cents, anyway. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users