Stuck on two names for each.Break the tie?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_mowl_*

Guest_mowl_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 June 2012 - 04:16 PM

After eliminating names from a list we thought would never shrink, we are confident on two names we would like to use for our child. However, we have been unable to move on to just one name for each gender.

Most people have told us to wait until we see our child to see which name fits better. Sounds like a good plan, but we would still like to take the names we have out for a test drive. Who knows? Perhaps after hearing new, neutral opinions we will be more confident on one name or the other.

So here they are:

For a boy we have: Davis Bennett and Nico Samuel.
For a girl we have: Bree Abigail and Gemma Ruth.

We like these names equally, they all have some sort of family story behind them and work well with out last name.

Do you prefer one over the other? What do you think of the names?

#2 ProudPapa

ProudPapa

Junior Baby Namer

• Bronze Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 07:50 PM

I do like all of those names, but it's hard to choose without hearing it with the last name. I think the first and last names are what you will hear most often together, whether in school, reservations, announcements etc. So, those are the names that should sound nicest together. We had a name picked out that sounded lovely, but once we omitted the middle names and just said the first and last name together, it sounded awful :P I can understand why you wouldn't want to, but it may help us choose if we know the last name.

#3 Dorcas

Dorcas

Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 08:24 AM

Nico Samuel and Bree Abigail! I trust you know what sounds good with your own surname but with the two options given for either gender, these would be my choice! Bree Abigail is stunning!

#4 Katie-Nana

Katie-Nana

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,652 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 10:49 AM

Davis Bennett would be my choice of your boys names. Though I think Nico Sameul is a great name as well.
Of your girls names, I would go with Gemma Ruth. I'm not a fan of the first name Bree.

#5 Permanent Rose

Permanent Rose

Legendary Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,517 posts
  • Interests:art, reading, writing, dogs and cats

Posted 03 June 2012 - 12:20 PM

Gemma Ruth and Davis Bennett get my vote.

I will however, suggest two other names I would prefer more by mixing and matching the combos you already have (just in case you want a couple more options :)):

Gemma Abigail and Bennett Samuel

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users