11 replies to this topic

#1 Wildflowerchild

Wildflowerchild

Power Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 765 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 01:26 PM

I've been wondering this for a while...I have a friend (a little older than I am) with two adorable kids, a boy and a girl. I am IN LOVE with their names! Her little girl's name is Lael (pron. as "Layle") and her son is named Junah (June-uh). I know that of course I couldn't use them later, but I want to at least add Lael to my list. It's so pretty! I didn't think anyone around here would have a similar naming-style to mine. We actually met because we had a class together and she said she liked my name and how different it was and she told me her kids' names and I thought they were very unique without being too "out there." Before I get too off topic...what do you think of these names?
Opinions? Suggestions?

ALSO...

I've been thinking a lot about the name Cambrie for a little girl. It's different, but is it really even a name? This got me wondering...it sounds really pretty to me, kinda like the band Coheed and Cambria (first thing that came to my mind). Cambrie just sounds so fresh to me and it just seems like it's "right up my alley" according to my sister :P

How would you spell it? I've come up with Cambrie and Cambri - might seem fuller with the "e" at the end.

Also, what do you think of Cambrie Sofia, Cambrie June, and Cambrie Elyse?

#2 Untitled

Untitled

Distinguished Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 01:55 PM

I don't particularly like Junah. Because June is a girls name, I think Junah sounds really feminine - Judah might be better.

Lael is not really my style either. From the sound, it's a lot like Layla, and I think Layla is nicer. Maybe you could spell it Laela?

Cambrie is OK, but sounds a bit too much like Camry, as in the car. If you were to use it, I think Cambrie looks better because it's more complete. How about Cambria? Cambria June would be absolutely gorgeous!

#3 Permanent Rose

Permanent Rose

Legendary Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,517 posts
  • Interests:art, reading, writing, dogs and cats

Posted 17 May 2012 - 01:57 PM

Lael has a certain charm. I think I like the pronunciation a little better than the spelling. Though I am somewhat drawn to the name, it's a little hard to say, as are most name with two pronounced vowels that are not separated in the middle by any consonants. Junah is not my style. It's too feminine for a boy, in my opinion. I could see Juna on a girl though.

As for Cambrie, I'm not entirely fond of if, but it's okay. I'd use Cambrie out of your two spellings. Cambry is another option.

#4 Remy Hadley

Remy Hadley

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,884 posts
  • Interests:♥ baby names ♥ pasta ♥ sherlock holmes ♥ knitting / crocheting ♥ hiking ♥ dogs ♥ sea creatures ♥ birds ♥ nature documentaries ♥ peaceful parenting ♥ cooking ♥

Posted 17 May 2012 - 02:25 PM

I like Lael, but not so much the spelling. I actually kinda like Layle :) though I foresee Layle being misseen as Layla. Maybe just Layl. Hmm. Im not sure how Id spell it honestly.

Junah I think of June which is feminne. Judah or Jonah are both handsome alternitives though.

Cambrie... I used to really hate it. Idk why. But now I can see the appeal. Not that I'd use it, but Cam and Brie seperately are very normal, and Cambria is a place or something? Idk. But its okay. Just not my style

#5 Wildflowerchild

Wildflowerchild

Power Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 765 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 02:36 PM

Thanks!! If I were to use Lael, I'd probably just spell it simply Lale with a longer middle name or something. I don't think I'd ever have it in me to use Junah. I love Jonah too much! :P

I think I mainly love Cambrie for the nickname appeal; Cam, Bri, or even Cami.

Although I actually do really like Cambria the more I say it to myself! Cambria June is actually verrrry pretty :) I have some thinking to do...

#6 -Regan<3

-Regan<3

Epic Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,606 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 02:50 PM

My sister is Cambrie (Cambrie-Anna Elizabeth) I love it & she's the only one in her school lol.

My mom got it from some actor dude I think..

She's 12 now & although I prefer the spelling mom gave her she's been going by Cambrii for a couple of months :huh:

#7 Jay.

Jay.

Superstar Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 697 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 03:25 PM

I'm not so big on Lael or Junah. I love Judah though <3. I ADORE Cambrie <3

#8 Guest_Madison <3_*

Guest_Madison <3_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 May 2012 - 03:45 PM

Cambrie Sophia (instead of Sofia). Some possible nicknames for Cambrie could be Brie or Cami. I prefer Layla over Lael.

#9 -Regan<3

-Regan<3

Epic Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • 1,606 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 03:47 PM

Btw, from your choices, I like Cambrie Elyse.

Love the nick name Brie, That's what Ari is going to call my sis, Aunt Brie (or Brii, whatever)

I got distracted by Ari earlier, sorry

#10 Grand Mommy

Grand Mommy

Aspiring Baby Namer

• Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Interests:Grand Mommy has 5 grandkids. I make quilts and like gardening and vintage cars. I go diving every weekend and enjoy island life.

Posted 18 May 2012 - 08:14 PM

No, I agree with the others. I don't care for any of the names. Maybe Layla, Leila? Maybe not. I do like the middle name Elyse.

#11 xxThePumpkinQueenxx

xxThePumpkinQueenxx

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 1,712 posts
  • Interests:singing, writing, reading, psychology, science, math, forensics, children, going to church, being with my family and SEC football. War Eagle!

Posted 18 May 2012 - 08:18 PM

I like Cambrie <3 but I adore Cambria, esp Cambria June! :wub:

You seriously always have the cutest names!

#12 brittany111

brittany111

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 1,912 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 09:36 PM

i love Lael! im opposite i actually love the spelling more than the name! i love names with AE next to eachother. Lael, Mae, Raelle, Raer etc

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users