• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 The Future Mrs B

The Future Mrs B

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,094 posts
  • Interests:Music, names and my friends.

Posted 04 August 2012 - 08:38 PM

So even though my list is done I founds a few new names that I have a feeling are going to ve strictly gp's. Opinions?

Branigan
Connolly
Lorcan
Cecilia/Cecelia (opinions on spelling?)
And maybe first name that has the nickname Elsie? (Other than Elizabeth or Elise)

#2 Permanent Rose

Permanent Rose

Legendary Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,517 posts
  • Interests:art, reading, writing, dogs and cats

Posted 04 August 2012 - 09:04 PM

I really like Connolly, though I prefer Conley, which I just added to my own list. I wouldn't used Branigan myself, but I appreciate its Irish sound. I'd spell Cecelia like this - it's not a favorite of mine, but it is very pretty. I understand the appeal. Even just using Elsa nn Elsie could work. I think its very cute and it reminds me of Ella/Ellie without the overuse. Lorcan isn't my style

#3 Jay.

Jay.

Superstar Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 697 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 09:23 PM

I LOVE Branigan acutally <3 I don't like the way it looks though.... I might spell it Brannagon, Branegan something like that.. though I think Brannagon/Branagon is probably my favorite

#4 Remy Hadley

Remy Hadley

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,884 posts
  • Interests:♥ baby names ♥ pasta ♥ sherlock holmes ♥ knitting / crocheting ♥ hiking ♥ dogs ♥ sea creatures ♥ birds ♥ nature documentaries ♥ peaceful parenting ♥ cooking ♥

Posted 05 August 2012 - 06:51 AM

First off, I love Elsie!!! I kind of want it on my list, but idk what Mike would say. Normally its short for Elsa, but I think Ellison / Ellisyn, Elisa / Elissa, Elessia / Elissia, Eliska, etc could all work.

Branigan is okay. As Rose said, I can appreciate the Irish sound. I just don't care for how it looks really.

Connelly is nice.

Lorcan always made me think of a shows villian's name. Idk why, it just has that feel to it, maybe? Probably just me lol

I definitely prefer Cecelia spelled this way. I think its cute! It was on my list for a while (Piper Cecelia) but people kept bringing up how Cecelia means "blind" every time they saw my list and it really started to bother me, so I took it off. <_< It is really pretty though, I like it! <3

#5 The Future Mrs B

The Future Mrs B

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 2,094 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 07:43 AM

Thanks guys!
I'm pretty much at the point where the sound of Branigan is nice but I'm thinking of people not being sure how to spell it.
I like Elisa but I'm not totally sold. Elsa is okay but my first thought is the owner of the company I work for.
And yeah, I never really put a lot into what a name meant (even though that's what got me into names). But I can see where blind isn't exactly a wonderful meaning.
And I see where you're coming from on a villian's name. The first time I saw Lorcan it was the name of the anti-hero in a book.

#6 The Future Mrs B

The Future Mrs B

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 2,094 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 07:42 PM

After a day of nothing I've found the totally unrelated Camden. Opinions? I'm not sure if it's too last name-y or screams I was born in 2010 like Aiden and other "newer" names. Maybe Camden Michael or Marcus Camden if I use it as a middle?

And Elsie, I've made no progress. I like Elodie but is it too much of a stretch to Elsie?

#7 xxThePumpkinQueenxx

xxThePumpkinQueenxx

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 1,712 posts
  • Interests:singing, writing, reading, psychology, science, math, forensics, children, going to church, being with my family and SEC football. War Eagle!

Posted 05 August 2012 - 08:04 PM

I love Lorcan and Cecelia! I saw Lorcan in a book I was reading and cosidered adding it to my list, but I haven't...yet :)

I like Branigan, but it would be strictly be a GP for me. And Connelly is nice, but I wouldnt use it myself. .

As for Camden, there's a boy that comes to church name Camden and he is ADORABLE! I know a couple who named their son Camden, but with the spelling Kamden (their daughter was Karleigh....) I love the combo Camden Micheal as well :wub:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users