8 replies to this topic

#1 MrsZ

MrsZ

Junior Baby Namer

• Bronze Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 07:42 AM

I need help. I always had a particular name picked out for my son, problem is my husband has a little boy from his first marriage. The name I like is coincidentally my husband's name. Well, here's the problem, his first wife absolutely refused to name their son after him. He and his little boy are sooooooo close, his son says he wishes they had the same name. B) So, my problem is I LOVE LOVE LOVE his little boy and would never want him to feel slighted. So I can't use the name I have been in love with for as long as I can remember. The other name I love doesn't go with our last name. My question is would it be horrible to give our son his dad's name as a middle? I would never want to hurt his son. Also if we have a girl, I wanted a variation on his name for her mn. HELP!!!!

#2 Mika Casey

Mika Casey

Epic Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 01:15 PM

I think using a variation of the father's name as a middle name would be a good compromise. It's a little less obvious. (: What's the name?

#3 MrsZ

MrsZ

Junior Baby Namer

• Bronze Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 02:18 PM

I think using a variation of the father's name as a middle name would be a good compromise. It's a little less obvious. (: What's the name?

Brianne for the little girl. For a little boy, still no clue. Thanks!

#4 rhaego

rhaego

Epic Baby Namer

• Charter Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,896 posts

Posted 31 July 2010 - 06:48 AM

If Brianne is the female variation, I assume the name is Brian? The only male variant of that I can think of is Bryant. How old is your husband's son? Maybe you could talk to him about how he feels about his new baby brother or sister having his daddy's name or a version of it, because that baby will love his daddy just as much too?

#5 cute_goth13

cute_goth13

Junior Baby Namer

• Bronze Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 31 July 2010 - 10:56 AM

Why not let the little boy pick out the middle name for his new sibling?

#6 MrsZ

MrsZ

Junior Baby Namer

• Bronze Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 31 July 2010 - 01:09 PM

Why not let the little boy pick out the middle name for his new sibling?

Thats a good idea, I just hope with him being 7, we dont have to reject too many of them since his favorites are usually after Simpsons characters, his suggestions when he found out his aunt was pregnant. ( :

#7 MrsZ

MrsZ

Junior Baby Namer

• Bronze Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 31 July 2010 - 01:12 PM

If Brianne is the female variation, I assume the name is Brian? The only male variant of that I can think of is Bryant. How old is your husband's son? Maybe you could talk to him about how he feels about his new baby brother or sister having his daddy's name or a version of it, because that baby will love his daddy just as much too?

Yes... and, Thats the problem Bryant is not a name either of us could deal with... all we could think of too. We have his reply, "I am glad there will be a baby, but, not fair if he gets our daddys name when I didnt." Not sure he gets the connection of Brianne to Brian.

#8 InstantDreams

InstantDreams

Notable Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 10:08 AM

I's use the father's name as a middle name. Brian is one of those names that has no nicknames, so things would get confusing.

Names that are similar to Brian: Ryan, Briar, Brice, Byron?

For a girl, have you considered Byrony? It honours Brian without being to obvious.

#9 MrsZ

MrsZ

Junior Baby Namer

• Bronze Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 09:25 AM

I's use the father's name as a middle name. Brian is one of those names that has no nicknames, so things would get confusing.

Names that are similar to Brian: Ryan, Briar, Brice, Byron?

For a girl, have you considered Byrony? It honours Brian without being to obvious.

Ryan is his nephews name, Byron is his ex father in laws mn ran Brice and Briar by him, he's not fond of them. Thinking I am just going to use two totally different names for a boy ending the headache. I think i will use my dads name and someone from his family's side too. Thanks for everyones help.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users