Photo

Middle name for Skylar

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Poll: Middle name for Skylar (10 member(s) have cast votes)

Which one?

1. Voted Skylar Paige (3 votes [25.00%])

Percentage of vote: 25.00%

2. Skylar Elizabeth (2 votes [16.67%])

Percentage of vote: 16.67%

3. Skylar Genevieve (5 votes [41.67%])

Percentage of vote: 41.67%

4. Skylar Marie (2 votes [16.67%])

Percentage of vote: 16.67%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 ImaginationGirl

ImaginationGirl

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,608 posts
  • Interests:Reading, Writing, Acting, Singing and spending time with God, my family, friends and cats!

Posted 23 August 2012 - 05:43 PM

Skylar is one of my top favorite girl names right now, but I can't seem to find the right middle name for it.
Which of the below do you like best?

Elizabeth
Paige
Genevieve
Marie

Elizabeth is my middle name, I love the flow of Genevieve, and I like the short and sweetness of Paige and Marie. I can't decide though, so would you please vote on the poll and tell me your favorite(s)? Thanks! :)

-Catie Elizabeth

#2 Remy Hadley

Remy Hadley

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,884 posts
  • Interests:♥ baby names ♥ pasta ♥ sherlock holmes ♥ knitting / crocheting ♥ hiking ♥ dogs ♥ sea creatures ♥ birds ♥ nature documentaries ♥ peaceful parenting ♥ cooking ♥

Posted 23 August 2012 - 05:56 PM

I love Skylar! And Genevieve has fantastic flow :) second in line is Elizabeth for me, not only for flow but its cute that it matches :)

As Cole is your fave boy name, I'd automatically take it off the list :(

Hope this helps, girl!

#3 ImaginationGirl

ImaginationGirl

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 1,608 posts
  • Interests:Reading, Writing, Acting, Singing and spending time with God, my family, friends and cats!

Posted 23 August 2012 - 06:02 PM

Thank you so much!

I'm really liking Skylar Genevieve, and Skylar Elizabeth is also my 2nd pick.
I'd really love if I could find something I like better with Elizabeth though...and use Genevieve or something else for Skylar.

You're right. It's off the list in my mind, but I will now take it off the visual list. :)

Thanks again! You're awesome!

#4 ADedicatedNameologist!

ADedicatedNameologist!

Notable Baby Namer

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 06:23 PM

Skylar Elizabeth, Genevieve, or Marie would be beautiful!

#5 Meghan<3

Meghan<3

Legendary Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,823 posts
  • Interests:Baby names, writing, reading, animals

Posted 23 August 2012 - 07:21 PM

I do like Paige, but I have to say Skylar Genevieve is a terrific combo! I would never have thought of pairing those two names together.
  • ImaginationGirl likes this

#6 Remy Hadley

Remy Hadley

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,884 posts
  • Interests:♥ baby names ♥ pasta ♥ sherlock holmes ♥ knitting / crocheting ♥ hiking ♥ dogs ♥ sea creatures ♥ birds ♥ nature documentaries ♥ peaceful parenting ♥ cooking ♥

Posted 23 August 2012 - 08:09 PM

So glad to help!

Hmm.. I know the feeling. There are quite a few names on my list I love, but don't necessarily love them together. You like the name Violet, right? I always thought Violet Elizabeth just sounded so lovely! And on your page it says you like Abigail and Briget... I think both would sound fabulous after Skylar! <3

Idk if you already considered them, but I thought I'd bring it up anyway ;) Though, if I remember correctly, you already had combo's for them...? :( Oh well!

Would you like suggestions for first names for Elizabeth and first names for Genevieve? I'd love to give some, but especially for Elizabeth, I think taking your time is the best method. It works quite a magic sometimes ;) Example, I love Connor very much, and so does my boyfriend. But I just couldn't find that perfect name to go with it for the life of me. But then I fell in love with first name Roman.. and it just clicked. Out of no where, a new favorite mixed with an old. I met a baby named Rome and Roman popped into my head and worked so great!

Long story short... keep an open mind to names around you ;) LOL! Just ignore me, girl! My brain is mush as I've worked too much this week... so if I talk any nonsense here.... :rolleyes:

#7 ADedicatedNameologist!

ADedicatedNameologist!

Notable Baby Namer

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 09:30 PM

Marie, Genevieve, Elizabeth, and Paige are all lovely! However, Skylar Marie doesn't flow well. Too much bossy R. Paige, IMO, is too short and simple to go with Skylar. Either Elizabeth or Genevieve. Genevieve is super-feminine and an underused classic. Go for it!

#8 brittany111

brittany111

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 1,912 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 12:11 AM

I voted for Paige. i think the ballance there is beautiful :)

#9 ImaginationGirl

ImaginationGirl

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 1,608 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 10:46 AM

Thank you lovely ladies!! :) Your advice is wonderful!!! I will keep all of it in mind.

Remy, thank you SO much!
You have amazing advice!
You're right, I do like the names Violet, Abigail and Bridget! :D
And thanks, Violet Elizabeth is really pretty! I will keep that in mind.
You know, Skylar Abigail is not a bad idea at all. I love Abigail, but wasn't really going to use it as a first name, because it is my best friend's name, BUT, my best friend is actually moving away (really sad) and it would be the perfect way to remember her by. Skylar Abigail is a great idea, thank you! And Skylar Bridget's very nice too, although I think I'm going to use Bridget as a first name. However, if I don't, I will definitely consider using it as a middle name for Skylar, or something else. :) Thank you for the idea! (:

Yes, I'd love some first name suggestions for Elizabeth! :) I don't really need any for Genevieve, because unless I used it for Skylar, I don't think I'm really brave enough to use it on anything else, but you can if you want. First names for Elizabeth would be awesome, thank you!

BTW, sorry it took me so long to reply. I was going to yesterday, but forgot. Thanks for all your help! You are awesome!!!

Love you, and love all of you! :D --Catie

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users