Photo

Wdyt of my 8-year-old brother's name list?

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 ImaginationGirl

ImaginationGirl

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,608 posts
  • Interests:Reading, Writing, Acting, Singing and spending time with God, my family, friends and cats!

Posted 29 September 2011 - 02:46 PM

Yesterday I was asking my 8-year-old brother how many kids he wants one day, and then I had him pick names for them. :)

Here's what he said...

1 Noah
2 Peter
3 Moses
4 Bobby
5 Isaac
6 Hunter
7 Bryson
and then 1 girl...
8 Mary (He doesn't really like girls very much)

He also mentioned Cole, which I said no way could he have that! No one can steal my favorite name! (and since I'm way older than him, I'm sure there won't be a problem with that :P)

So, not bad for an 8 year old! What do you all think? Feel free to say what names you used to want to name your kids when you were little OR go ahead and make a dream family up for yourself--like my little brother did. :o Thanks everyone!!! Have a great day! -----Catie

#2 Aliame

Aliame

Star Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 310 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 03:09 PM

When i was little my dream family would have been:
Mom and Dad and 4 boys
My favorite names when i was a kid (less than 13) were:
Boys
Matthew
James-Nicholas
Jacob
Gabriel
Girls
Kelsey
Megan
Larissa
Dusty
My dream family now would be:
my step daughter and
adding a son
My favorite names now are:
Boys
Gabriel
Dexter
Brady
Charlie
Girls
Hannah
Morgan
Cordelia *Delia
Rachel

#3 The Future Mrs B

The Future Mrs B

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 2,094 posts
  • Interests:Music, names and my friends.

Posted 29 September 2011 - 05:52 PM

When I was my dream family was:
Me & 2-3 dogs.

Names I liked as a kid:
Gabriel
Gideon
Eric
Faith

My dream family now:
Me & Martin and 2 boys (Brian Robert & Jacob Troy a.k.a J.T.) & a girl (Kristen Faith). & maybe 2-3 dogs.

Names I like now:
Gabriel
Brian
Isaiah
Kristen
Jacob

#4 Remy Hadley

Remy Hadley

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,884 posts
  • Interests:♥ baby names ♥ pasta ♥ sherlock holmes ♥ knitting / crocheting ♥ hiking ♥ dogs ♥ sea creatures ♥ birds ♥ nature documentaries ♥ peaceful parenting ♥ cooking ♥

Posted 29 September 2011 - 07:17 PM

He's got good taste! :P Hehe, Cole is a handsome name <33 But wow, he wants lots of kids!!

In an absolutely perfect world, me and Mike would have two boys then a girl :) :

1. Liam Ryder
2. Chase Alexander
3. Kate Sophia

Or, thats if I got my way with the naming and all :) If we used names that are on the current list:

1. Chase Ryan Michael
2. Connor Matthew
3. Katelyn Sophia

Or something like that.. I don't know :o He hasn't mentioned any girls names except when seeing Kate on my list saying that he likes Kate, though prefers a fuller name like Katelyn with it. So yeah... That would be ideal to me <3 I'm not sure why I find this so perfect though hehe! Any baby is perfect for me, but yeah.. I do want a little boy ;P

#5 ImaginationGirl

ImaginationGirl

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 1,608 posts
  • Interests:Reading, Writing, Acting, Singing and spending time with God, my family, friends and cats!

Posted 02 October 2011 - 11:05 AM

Thank you all for sharing!

I know, he does want a lot of kids. I would love a big family too! At first he said he wanted 4 kids, but by the time he got finished with the names it was 8. :)

Those are so some great names, everyone! It's fun to look back on our old favorites sometimes.

Thanks again!

#6 LaRn_aShLeeee

LaRn_aShLeeee

Superstar Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 569 posts
  • Interests:.

Posted 02 October 2011 - 12:48 PM

My dream family when I was younger was three kids. 2 boys and 1 girl, in that order. I never really had any favorite names then .

My dream family now is almost complete :) I've got my two babies and can have one more ( both my children were c-sections.. you can only have three) Since I got with my husband, we have talked and had considered having 4 children. so my dream family now would consist of Aasyn, Hayleigh, Baby Shaffer # 3 and an adopted baby :o

#7 ImaginationGirl

ImaginationGirl

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 1,608 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 01:16 PM

My dream family when I was younger was three kids. 2 boys and 1 girl, in that order. I never really had any favorite names then .

My dream family now is almost complete :) I've got my two babies and can have one more ( both my children were c-sections.. you can only have three) Since I got with my husband, we have talked and had considered having 4 children. so my dream family now would consist of Aasyn, Hayleigh, Baby Shaffer # 3 and an adopted baby :o

That's really neat. I really hope you can have your 3rd baby and adopt one too. :P
Aasyn and Hayleigh are cute names. Thanks for sharing!

#8 The Future Mrs B

The Future Mrs B

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 2,094 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 01:20 PM

Alright, so quick, totally unrelated question, why can you only have 3 kids by c-section? I've never heard of the limit before.

#9 LaRn_aShLeeee

LaRn_aShLeeee

Superstar Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • 569 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 01:29 PM

Alright, so quick, totally unrelated question, why can you only have 3 kids by c-section? I've never heard of the limit before.

You have to cut through the same scar tissue each time and your uterus weakens after so long. You can have more than three, but after three it gets real risky. I researched it, but dont remember where I found all the info at when I was pregnant with Hayleigh because I was given the option of a VBAC if Hayleigh came on her own (which she didn't. she was head down but curled up in my side rather than in the birthing position :) lil stinker)

#10 -TebowTime-

-TebowTime-

Legendary Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,472 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 02:20 PM

My dream Family (VERY extreme):

Mom & Dad

1 Girl: Ava Marie
1 Girl: Bethany Joy
1 Girl: Lina Grace
1 Girl: Ava Marie
1 Girl: Kenna Lindsay
1 Boy: Byron Noah
1 Boy: Keoki Robert
1 Boy: Bryse Gordon
1 Boy: Timothey Hudson
1 Boy: Silas Trygve
1 Boy: Kelton Chad
1 Boy: Zander Kyle
1 Boy: Cannon Jerald
1 Boy: Crew Hezekiah
1 Boy: Joseph Elijah
1 Boy: Captain James
1 Boy: Justice Reuben
1 Boy: Roman Colter

More Relistically:

Mom and Dad

1 Girl: Bethany Joy/Lina Grace/Ava Marie
1 Boy: Cannon Jerald
1 Boy: Keoki Robert
1 Boy: Jareth Steven
Twin Boys: Silas Trygve and Bryse Gordon

#11 Remy Hadley

Remy Hadley

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,884 posts
  • Interests:♥ baby names ♥ pasta ♥ sherlock holmes ♥ knitting / crocheting ♥ hiking ♥ dogs ♥ sea creatures ♥ birds ♥ nature documentaries ♥ peaceful parenting ♥ cooking ♥

Posted 03 October 2011 - 02:53 PM

Hehe, that's really cute of your brother though! My little brother wont talk about things like that.. though, I know he likes the name Johnny, I think John.

Hehe, when I was younger I had a bunch of common names like Kelsey and Chelsea we're gunna be my twin girls names, and I was gunna have a Kaythereine [or something like that... I thought it was cool to have as many letters as possible! :o] Sammy, Brittany, Jessica, Nicky, etc. lol! A bunch of girls if I remember right! Besides Tommy, I liked it then! [Now, I generally dislike ALL the names hehe! Well, mainly... Sammy and Nicky are cute... I only love Thomas because of my cousin <3 lol]. I do have a more proper list from when I was like twelve or thirteen, I had Jolie Nicolette, Ava Heather, Lynette Taylor [I actually kinda like this one the more I think of it!], Katherine Elizabeth/Kathryn Taylor [Kathryn Taylor for a while, then Katherine Elizabeth], Faye [don't remember middle name I had, but I adored Faye for some reason!], and I had some others I don't remember. And I had like, Jacob Ryan, Graham [don't remember middle name], William Matthew [don't remember when Alexander came in], Matthew [don't remember middle name], and Timothy. Gosh, I want to go pull out my old notebooks and find old name loves! :)

#12 AutumnLeigh

AutumnLeigh

Superstar Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • 608 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 06:39 PM

Wow, yeah, that is pretty good for an eight-year-old boy! :o

My Dream Family:
Jeffrey Allen and Autumn Leigh

DD: Shelby Diana Leigh
DS: Camden Herbert
DD: Emory Allena Cathrine
DD: Audrey Sofia

When I was younger:
So, the capital of Wisconsin is Cheyenne, and I thought it was pn SHUH-NAY...LOL!
So, I was gonna name my daughter Cheyenne(SHUH-NAY) Leeann, and I wanted to name my son Trenton Lee.
Trenton is the capital of New Jersey :)

#13 The Future Mrs B

The Future Mrs B

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 2,094 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 07:09 PM

You have to cut through the same scar tissue each time and your uterus weakens after so long. You can have more than three, but after three it gets real risky. I researched it, but dont remember where I found all the info at when I was pregnant with Hayleigh because I was given the option of a VBAC if Hayleigh came on her own (which she didn't. she was head down but curled up in my side rather than in the birthing position :) lil stinker)

Makes sense. I never quite thought of having to cut through scar tissue. I know we had a quick talk about c-sections in health class last year but it was all of 5 minutes.
I'm kinda curious when it comes to medical things. I've grown up with them & want to be a medical examiner so if you notice random questions that's probably why I'm asking.

#14 LaRn_aShLeeee

LaRn_aShLeeee

Superstar Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • 569 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 08:58 PM

Makes sense. I never quite thought of having to cut through scar tissue. I know we had a quick talk about c-sections in health class last year but it was all of 5 minutes.
I'm kinda curious when it comes to medical things. I've grown up with them & want to be a medical examiner so if you notice random questions that's probably why I'm asking.

No problem. I love medical things myself. I wanted to be a nurse but it's just not for me. It takes too much time away from my children and I don't want to do that. I don't care how much money I could be making. :o

oh and btw... being awake during a c-section ( i was knocked out with my first) .. it's an experience. I'm not too sure what was the worst of the two :) ( i was a bundle of nerves)

#15 The Future Mrs B

The Future Mrs B

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 2,094 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 09:47 AM

No problem. I love medical things myself. I wanted to be a nurse but it's just not for me. It takes too much time away from my children and I don't want to do that. I don't care how much money I could be making. :o

oh and btw... being awake during a c-section ( i was knocked out with my first) .. it's an experience. I'm not too sure what was the worst of the two :) ( i was a bundle of nerves)

That's probably my only issue is how much I'd potentially be way from my future kids. & my boyfriend wants to be SWAT so with two of us pn unpredictable schedules I'm kinda iffy. Where I wanna move there isn't a whole lot of need for a SWAT team so I'm hoping just being a normal cop is okay. But I'm not gonna tell him no, you can't aim for your dream.

I couldn't imagine being awake for a c-section. I'd be nervous either way though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users