36 replies to this topic

#1 SweetEvie

SweetEvie

Superstar Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 729 posts

Posted 10 November 2008 - 09:10 AM

I know this is off topic and kind of random, but I've recently started reading Twilight because I wanted to read it before the movie came out. I am totally floored by it. I'm really enjoying it, and I was just wondering if anyone else is as obsessed with this book/series as I am steadily becoming. :)

#2 LexiiGrace

LexiiGrace

Junior Baby Namer

• Bronze Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 10 November 2008 - 03:22 PM

I love it :]

And can't wait for the movie!

#3 twilight6721

twilight6721

Novice Baby Namer

• PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 08:36 AM

ive been reading the series since it had just come out...and i absolutely love it. The movie comes out friday and i can't wait!!! I was one of the crazy Harry Potter fans and i think that Stephenie Meyer stole me away easily. Idk what it is about the series either...who is your favorite character?? mine is a tie between bella and edward with Alice, Esme, and Emmett coming in close second.
amanda

#4 SweetEvie

SweetEvie

Superstar Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 729 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 10:22 AM

I'm almost done with Breaking Dawn now, and I'm hopelessly addicted. When the Cullens left, I squalled all over my book for an hour! I'm absolutely in love with Edward, he's my favourite by far. I was a HUGE Harry Potter fan, and of course I still am, but Stephenie is absolutely genius, she makes JK Rowling's series look boring!

#5 katie.

katie.

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,257 posts
  • Interests:Reading, watching movies, swimming

Posted 17 November 2008 - 07:52 PM

I LOVE the twilight seris. I have to wait until December to see the movie here in Australia :) I think twilight is much more interesting than Harry Potter, although I like them too.

#6 Lyn

Lyn

Notable Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 19 November 2008 - 08:09 AM

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the twilight series! The movie's coming out Friday here, and I' so excited! Can't wait! I totally prefer Jacob Black!

#7 twilight6721

twilight6721

Novice Baby Namer

• PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 19 November 2008 - 08:29 AM

out of edward and jacob i edward the most!!! i would have been so sad if bella would have ended up with jacob...they weren't meant to be though!!! i can't believe the movie is coming out on fri...i cant see it on friday but still!!

#8 Lyn

Lyn

Notable Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 19 November 2008 - 09:04 AM

I kinda wish she had ended up with Jacob, but not really. I love Edward too!

#9 BellaThomas

BellaThomas

Notable Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 159 posts
  • Interests:Baby names, cappucinos, Twilight saga. That about sums it up.

Posted 19 November 2008 - 09:47 AM

I love the Twilight saga also, and I am totally team Edward. Jacob should just remain a close friend.

#10 Caitlin

Caitlin

Junior Baby Namer

• Bronze Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 28 posts
  • Interests:I like writing, reading, biking, and baby names. <br />I'm a musical fanatic, play the violin, and I'm a child of God.<br />

Posted 27 November 2008 - 12:16 PM

I know this is off topic and kind of random, but I've recently started reading Twilight because I wanted to read it before the movie came out. I am totally floored by it. I'm really enjoying it, and I was just wondering if anyone else is as obsessed with this book/series as I am steadily becoming. :(

Hate it. Bad writing, but good story. Awful movie, too.

#11 LexiiGrace

LexiiGrace

Junior Baby Namer

• Bronze Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 27 November 2008 - 08:13 PM

I am definately team Edward...

But Emmett is by far my favorite character!

#12 BellaThomas

BellaThomas

Notable Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 159 posts
  • Interests:Baby names, cappucinos, Twilight saga. That about sums it up.

Posted 01 December 2008 - 08:09 AM

Hate it. Bad writing, but good story. Awful movie, too.

I'm not even going to dignify that with a response other than I stongly disagree. I LOVED the movie and I love the series. Go Edward!

#13 TheBatKat

TheBatKat

Aspiring Baby Namer

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 03:15 PM

Twilight actually inspired me for a boy's name but I posted a poll and nobody seems to like it. Jasper Phoenix sounds nice to me. :(

I finished all four books and I loved them! My husband even read them all. We were hooked from the beginning! Can't wait for Midnight Sun to come out. I read the segment that's posted on the author's website, and I'm even more in love with Edward after reading it!

#14 Antelope

Antelope

Star Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 496 posts

Posted 03 December 2008 - 12:13 AM

i agree with Caitlin, i think the book is o.k. but the movie..sucked..well that is what my wife Janessa said.

#15 Caitlin

Caitlin

Junior Baby Namer

• Bronze Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 28 posts
  • Interests:I like writing, reading, biking, and baby names. <br />I'm a musical fanatic, play the violin, and I'm a child of God.<br />

Posted 07 December 2008 - 01:47 PM

Hate the book, hate the movie, try to keep these boards on topic, please.

#16 shelby

shelby

Aspiring Baby Namer

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 December 2008 - 02:04 PM

I know this is off topic and kind of random, but I've recently started reading Twilight because I wanted to read it before the movie came out. I am totally floored by it. I'm really enjoying it, and I was just wondering if anyone else is as obsessed with this book/series as I am steadily becoming. :)

omg! i luv tht book sooo much!!!!!!!
:)
haha im on the third one now haha =]

#17 Kodie Lynne

Kodie Lynne

Notable Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 209 posts

Posted 08 December 2008 - 10:46 AM

Hate the book, hate the movie, try to keep these boards on topic, please.

Disgusting, Caitlin. Negative people like you make this site no fun.

#18 Antelope

Antelope

Star Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 496 posts

Posted 08 December 2008 - 05:13 PM

Disgusting, Caitlin. Negative people like you make this site no fun.

Hey! That was just plain rude. Please do not put posts that are inflammatory to other members.

#19 Lyn

Lyn

Notable Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 10 December 2008 - 08:24 AM

I'm sorry and I don't mean to be rude, but I actually agree with Kodie. I think Caitlin was rude first. Its not right to insult something that people obviously are very passionate about. Evie didn't ask if we liked it or hated it, she was just looking for other people to chat about the books with. Thumbs down to Caitlin.

#20 InstantDreams

InstantDreams

Notable Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 12 December 2008 - 04:31 PM

I read the first book, and it was enough for me. Granted, the story is interesting and it's definitely a page-turner - but the writing is incredibly poor, and most of the characters are bland and unrrealistic Mary-Sues (particulary Bella). There's also little substance to the book apart from the consuming love between Bella and Edward (which at times becomes almost annoyingly shallow and even abusive) - and the background concept is week at best (like how a vampire is able to breed - the author took some really amateurish liberties there, as if she didn't even bother to do proper research).

In short, I can understand the appeal, yet, even though I belong to the series' target-group (teenage girls) I can't help but to feel that the books are way overrated. I have some curiosity in watching the film, though I'll probably wait until the 'hype' has faded a bit.
  • O10S11Y1998 likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users