• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 BoyMom2023

BoyMom2023

Aspiring Baby Namer

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 December 2022 - 12:17 AM

My boyfriend and I are having a son (coming early 2023) and he really likes the name Ryland. I've been back and forth on the name (Ryland) and would like a name that stands out more considering his father and I are both sort of crazy characters...

I chose the name Riot since Ryland doesn't not sound like something a grown man would some day be called... Although Riot is a name that is sure to stand out, I don't know if it's too out there for a baby name...

Which do you think is best?

Settling on a name is so stressful and I'd love to have a name to start calling my son rather than "son" or "baby" still!

Also, his middle name will be Scott.

#2 Laney

Laney

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,291 posts
  • Interests:Baby names, Mighty Morphin Power Rangers, Jem cartoon, ER, CSI: Miami, Full House, Sailor Moon (original anime and live-action), Flashpoint, Felicity, ID channel, Food Network baking competitions, MasterChef/MasterChef Junior/Junior MasterChef Australia, movies (mostly 80's and 90's), writing/reading fan-fiction, baking, vegan cooking, photography, traveling, cats, books and tv shows/movies about female murderers, swimming, bowling, drawing, surfing the internet, forensics, Netflix, 80's and 90's music, picture editing, shopping, coffee (decaf mostly, but I love mocha Frappuccinos too)

Posted 03 April 2024 - 05:35 PM

I'd stay away from Riot. It's horrible imo. Ryland isn't great either, but it's still much better than Riot. Riot is too much to live up to and the negative connotations make it a bad idea.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users