• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Marvelous_Things

Marvelous_Things

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,663 posts
  • Interests:Movies, music, psychology, history, literature, anime, cosplay, and names.

Posted 27 May 2016 - 06:20 PM

So I found an old notebook from when I was in like 8th grade that had a list of names in it that I liked at the time. There were a few combos in there as well. I was probably trying to come up with a name for the baby doll that we took home over a weekend in our home economics class. I was inspired by my Latin textbook, and also apparently like nature names a lot. There were no boys names on the list. Some of them aren't so bad, actually. Others,well....

Combos

Samantha Paige

Miranda Raven

Kassandra Rose

Singles

Blaze

Echo

Magnolia

River

Winter

Arwen

Eowyn

Galadriel

Flavia

Aurelia

Persephone

Ariadne

Dejalea (prn. Day-zha-lee. A name of my own invention...)

Athena

Hera

Azura

Amelia "Amy"

Matilda "Mattie"

Julia

Lennon / Lennox

Cleopatra

Selena /Selene

#2 SelenaK

SelenaK

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,489 posts
  • Interests:Fantasy and historical fiction, archery, swimming and I love to cook!

Posted 28 May 2016 - 01:50 AM

Miranda Raven and Kassandra Rose are cute! But, they have too much of a repeating 'R' sound for me. Out of your singles, I like quite a lot of the names...

Magnolia- such a pretty and beautiful name!

River- I like this for both boys and girls. It's such a simple but lovely name!

Eowyn- This is such a guilty pleasure for me! I think it's a strong and beautiful name.

Aurelia- Very sophisticated and elegant!

Ariadne- Love this name! Plus, the nickname Ari is one for my favourites!

Matilda- One of my all time favourite names! Strong and beautiful.

Lennon/Lennox- I like Lennon for a girl and think it's edgy but prefer Lennox for a boy.

Selena- My name! I have always liked my name because of it's ties to Greek myth. 

#3 Marvelous_Things

Marvelous_Things

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,663 posts
  • Interests:Movies, music, psychology, history, literature, anime, cosplay, and names.

Posted 28 May 2016 - 10:17 AM

Thanks for the reply Selena. There are several names on the list that I still like (your named included). I guess my tastes haven't really changed all that much, they've just become a little more sophisticated. Back then I was really into classical mythology, as you can see from my name list. I still love the name Eowyn, but because I'm too scared to ever use it on an actual child, I named my cat Eowyn. 

#4 apiston229

apiston229

Star Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 382 posts

Posted 20 July 2020 - 04:06 PM

I love Kassandra Rose. Especially because Kassandra is tied to Greek Mythology. As for the singles, I love a lot of them.

Blaze: I love this as a middle name or even a first name. I used as a middle name in a story and had my character go by this.

Persephone: I also used this in a story. I originally had the character being called Seph because it is such a long name. I love the greek mythology behind it too.

Aurelia: This name I love the sound of. There's a name similar to it that I also love: Auriela because of the sounds.

Lennon/Lennox: I don't have a reason, I just really love both of these.

River: Love that it's unisex

Echo: I love this name. I don't know why, I just do.

Selene: Greek mythology behind this name is why I love it so much.

#5 DelphiMoon

DelphiMoon

Superstar Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 568 posts
  • Interests:Hedgehogs, Hamilton, and corn flakes.

Posted 15 August 2020 - 09:01 PM

I have an entire google doc dedicated to my favorite names from middle school! I was really into Alice (the name of my American Girl Doll) and Beatrice/Beatrix. I was also really loving Dexter, Theodore, and Gus for boys. I had this strange Fitz phase as well. 

• apiston229 likes this

#6 apiston229

apiston229

Star Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 382 posts

Posted 01 October 2020 - 08:50 PM

I have an entire google doc dedicated to my favorite names from middle school! I was really into Alice (the name of my American Girl Doll) and Beatrice/Beatrix. I was also really loving Dexter, Theodore, and Gus for boys. I had this strange Fitz phase as well. 

I named my bitty baby Alice when I was 9. I loved the name when I was younger, but now not so much. I do love Beatrice/Beatrix and Theodore and Gus. Not too keen on Dexter though.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: girl names

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users