Interesting Boys' Names?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Guest_Aliya_*

Guest_Aliya_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 November 2011 - 01:46 PM

Hi, I really like unusual names, but not those modern, made-up, trendy ones. The meaning of a name is just as important to me as its sound, so I like names that have nice meanings and legitimate history as names, but that you don't frequently come across. I'm Jewish, so I have a particular bias towards Hebrew names, but I'm definitely open to other languages as well! I have a few favorite girls' names: Meira (pronounced Meera -- "light"), Nessa ("miracle"), Rena (pronounced Reena -- "joy, song"), and some others. But I'm totally stuck on boys' names. Sorry for being so specific about my preferences, but do you have any suggestions for me?

#2 Gwen

Gwen

Aspiring Baby Namer

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 10:21 PM

I know they're not terribly unusual, but Caleb is Hebrew for "whole hearted" and Ethan is Hebrew for "firm and strong." I don't know if you're religious, but a LOT of Hebrew names are religious. Elior means "my God is my light," Ephraim means "very fruitful," Jonas means "dove," Koren means "shining and beaming," Mattias is "gift of God," Melchior is "God is my light," Mordechai is "warrior," and Tobias is "God is good." Hope that helped!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users