• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 xnicolex

xnicolex

Novice Baby Namer

• PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 02:07 PM

Okay, so. I originally got the name Alianna from Lindsay Lohan's sister. Haha. I kinda liked it, but it wasn't my favorite. Then, I heard it again on Teen Mom, spelt Aliannah and I've loved it ever since. I keep getting told that it sounds too made up, though. Which is probably the only reason why I wouldn't use it. Though, I really want to! & I love love love the nickname Ali.

So I'm just wondering what your thoughts on Aliannah are?
Does it sound too made up?

Also, how would you spell it? I can't figure out a spelling for it.
I've seen;

Aliannah
Alianah
Aliana
Alianna
Alyanna

But none of them look right to me! Any other spellings I'm missing?

I really want to be able to use the nickname Ali but I don't like Alison or Alyssa or any other names that you could uses Ali as a nickname for. So I definitely want to keep Aliannah, I just need thoughts on it & different spelling suggestions, please (:

#2 Sonomasmom

Sonomasmom

Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 02:12 PM

I think Alianna or Aliana would look the best. Adding the H at the end of Aliana just makes it look "teen-momish" or too made up. The one with the Y looks very very very very made up and I wouldn't be able to pronounce it. When you have Alianna or Aliana it is kind of like Arianna which makes it easier to pronounce. I like the name!

#3 xnicolex

xnicolex

Novice Baby Namer

• PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 02:23 PM

I think I actually like Aliannah the best but I know that it looks "teen mom ish" which is partly why I dont want to use it. Plus it's a long name for a little girl! I think my second pick would be Aliana but I wouldn't want it confused with Ariana or Alaina, which is where the 'H' could come in handy. Haha. Idk.

Thanks for your input ;)

#4 The Future Mrs B

The Future Mrs B

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,094 posts
  • Interests:Music, names and my friends.

Posted 05 February 2012 - 03:32 PM

If you want to nn Ali my future mother-in-law's name is Alisha but she goes by Ali. I like Alianna the best out of those spellings.

#5 Remy Hadley

Remy Hadley

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,889 posts
  • Interests:♥ baby names ♥ pasta ♥ sherlock holmes ♥ knitting / crocheting ♥ hiking ♥ dogs ♥ sea creatures ♥ birds ♥ nature documentaries ♥ peaceful parenting ♥ cooking ♥

Posted 05 February 2012 - 06:10 PM

I first got it from Teen Mom myself ;) I never kept up with Lindsay Lohan lol, so I didn't even know she had a sister :L

But Aliannah is nice. Nick name Ali is really cute! I don't think it sounds too made up myself. Though I'd much prefer spelled: Aliana. I personally think it looks cleaner and more compact and less creative like this myself. I don't think your missing any of the possibilities though! I would steer clear of the Y's in it, because adding Y's definitely makes a name look more made up or creative. I personally think adding H's or extra N's does as well, but that may just be me.

Ali is a really cute nick name! Alison and Alyssa aren't really my style either. Though I do like Elissa lately.. but yeah. I vote for Aliana personally! :)

I hope this helps!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users