Weslie for a girl?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Cara Kalipto_*

Guest_Cara Kalipto_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 September 2008 - 02:02 PM

I am expecting my first child, a girl!, and with a little under two months left, my husband and I need to come up with a name for sure. We really like the name Weslie Leann, but my mother feels that it is too masculine sounding. Both my husband and I like the name, but I wouldn't want my mom to have any negative feelings towards her first granddaughter just because of her name. We were also thinking if we don't name her that of maybe Stephanie, Eliza, or Maizy. We really need some help!

Cara

#2 Jellybean

Jellybean

Superstar Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 635 posts
  • Interests:-Watching movies<br />-Reading (specially poetry)<br />-Writing<br />-Playing with my daughter<br />-Travelling<br />-Learning different languages

Posted 24 September 2008 - 05:34 PM

Well,first of all congratulations!
I really doubt your mom is gonna have negative feelings towards your girl only because of her name.

That being said I do feel like Weslie is more suitable for a boy.
And Weslie Leann doesn't have a nice flow because of "wesLIE LEann".

I love Leslie for a lil girl,though.Leslie Mase (from Maisy) sounds nice :)

I also adore Stephanie Weslie! GL!

#3 Smile

Smile

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,098 posts

Posted 24 September 2008 - 06:12 PM

Weslie I do think is too masculine. I think Leslie would be b etter though for my tastes it is not quite feminine enough. I don't think your mom would have ill feelings because of her name because once she saw the bundle of joy, I'm sure she'd love her no matter what, but it's definitely nice to take her into consideration. I lvoe Leann, and it's a great middle name. Stephanie Leann I think would be a great name. Eliza Leann is great as well. Maisy is cute, but i think it's too much of a nickname to suit an adult.

#4 Dominique

Dominique

Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 24 September 2008 - 07:45 PM

Congrats on the baby! Also, like everyone else said, I doubt your mom will have bad feelings towards your daughter because of her name. Tha fact is if you LOVE the name and so does your husband then you should go with it. My personal favorite out of the names you listed is Eliza. I just think it's adorable! Best of luck!

#5 rhaego

rhaego

Epic Baby Namer

• Charter Members
  • 1,896 posts

Posted 24 September 2008 - 08:02 PM

I think Eliza Leanne (it doesn't look complete without the e, to me - but that's just me) would be a wonderful name! Like everyone else said, Weslie is too masculine, and it doesn't flow well with Leanne at all. Stephanie Leanne would also be nice, but I prefer Eliza. :)

#6 scarlet520

scarlet520

Expert Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 1,790 posts
  • Interests:I LOVE reading. I'm into almost every genre and generally read a book a week, if possible. I like Iris Johansen, Karen Marie Moning, Stephen King, James Patterson, Jane Austen, Charlotte Brontë, Diana Gabaldon, Kathy Reichs, and Robert Burns (every Scot's favorite author). I really love music and even got accepted to the Mason Gross School of Performing Arts at Rutgers University (my alma mater) for vocal performance. Unfortunately performance life was not for me, so I went into English Lit and French instead. Music is still a big part of my life, and I like a multitude of musical genres from Reggae to Rock to Opera. I've seen Carmen and La bohème each twice. (And I cry every time.) My husband and I also have a special place in our hearts for The Beatles.

Posted 24 September 2008 - 09:59 PM

Congrats on the baby!

Unfortunately, I agree with your mother. Welsie is all boy to me.

I like Eliza Leanne is a much better option.

#7 Bridget&Shaun

Bridget&Shaun

Junior Baby Namer

• Bronze Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 02:45 PM

Weslie is a cute first name, but if you feel it's too masculilne than you're probably right. I have a niece named Westley Renee, and many people think that she is a boy when they hear her first name, but my sister and brother-in-law love it, so I guess that's all that matters! Good luck!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users