25 replies to this topic

#1 Bridget&Shaun

Bridget&Shaun

Junior Baby Namer

• Bronze Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 02:36 PM

My husband and I are expecting identical twin boys in November, and we can't decide on names! Some we've picked out are Gage, Trey, Kaylor and Russell. Do you like any of these? Any other sugguestions?

Gage William McCarthy
Trey Jamison McCarthy
Kaylor Nathaniel McCarthy
Russell Tristan McCarthy

#2 Jellybean

Jellybean

Superstar Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 635 posts
  • Interests:-Watching movies<br />-Reading (specially poetry)<br />-Writing<br />-Playing with my daughter<br />-Travelling<br />-Learning different languages

Posted 29 September 2008 - 02:58 PM

I think Russell Gage is adorable :)
I'm not so sure about the others,though.
Here are some names that would look nice with Russell Gage:
Warren
Leo
Richard
Finn
Ethan
Curtis
Grant
Dean
Graham
Clinton
Maxwell
Wyatt
Vincent
Pierce
Quentin
Lucas
Connor
Chase
Marcus
Gerard
Ralph
Gavin
Tucker
Sebastian

Colin

#3 Bridget&Shaun

Bridget&Shaun

Junior Baby Namer

• Bronze Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 03:03 PM

I like Warren, Dean, Tucker and Wyatt. Any ideas for middle names for those ones? We have a 3 yr old son, Madden Richard McCarthy.

#4 Jellybean

Jellybean

Superstar Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • 635 posts
  • Interests:-Watching movies<br />-Reading (specially poetry)<br />-Writing<br />-Playing with my daughter<br />-Travelling<br />-Learning different languages

Posted 29 September 2008 - 03:15 PM

IMO the best one out of those is Warren,because Russell is a very strong name (reminds me of Gladiator :) ), and so is Warren.And it would be nice if he had a middle name starting with G,so he has some sort of connection with his twin.

Warren Grayson
Warren Gunner
Warren Guy
Warren Graham
Warren Grant

I don't know,those were the first ones I could think of..

#5 Jellybean

Jellybean

Superstar Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • 635 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 03:17 PM

Or maybe ever Russell Grant and Warren Gage :)

#6 Smile

Smile

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,098 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 05:00 PM

I really like Gage, it is my favorite. Gage WIlliam is so handsome but I would like Gage Nathaniel even more! Russell is my second favorite name you have listed, Russel Tristan is great, I like Trey as well! I also suggest Keane and Kane.

#7 Bridget&Shaun

Bridget&Shaun

Junior Baby Namer

• Bronze Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 05:47 PM

I've always been fond of the name Kane! It's definately one of my favorites. I would have to say Gage tops my favorite boys names, though. I was just on one of the other communities here and stumbled upon the twin names Cash Ryan and Colton Wyatt. What do you think of those names? Any other middle names that might flow better. I like:

Cash Alexander and Colton Pierce
nn: Cash and Colt.

Or if Cash seems like too silly of a first name, I could opt for something more along the lines of Cashtyn and Coltyn. Or even Cashten & Colten, Cashton & Colton.

What middle names do you feel would flow with these names?
How about:

Cashtyn Alexander
Cashtyn Rhett
Cashtyn Beau
Cashtyn Blake

Coltyn James
Coltyn Jarrett
Coltyn Joel
Coltyn Myles

#8 Alexis!

Alexis!

Epic Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • 1,614 posts
  • Interests:Bones
    Mysteries
    Baking
    Photography
    Science
    Writing
    Reading

Posted 29 September 2008 - 08:19 PM

I'm not a fan of Cash nor Cashtyn, but I ADOREEEEEE Colton [spelt like this]. Colton James and Colton Gage are my top 2 for middles, but I LOVE Colton Gage moree. As for the twin, maybe do opposite initials? Or would you prefer names that both start with C?

#9 Fez

Fez

Epic Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • 2,357 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 08:54 PM

Gage William is my favourite! I also like Trey Nathaniel or even Troy Nathaniel.

Here are some suggestions:
Holden
Lawson
Sutton
Colton
Dawson
Weston
Carter
Austin
Greyson
Cohen
Keifer
Landon
Gavin
Kingston
Bronson
Rufus
Cooper
Kenton
Carson
Cullen
Dalton
Merrick
Keaton
Hudson
Alden
Finnegan
Finlay
Theron
Harrison
Bryce
Ronan
Bennet

I hope this helps!

#10 rhaego

rhaego

Epic Baby Namer

• Charter Members
  • 1,896 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 11:16 PM

I like Russell Tristan, but I like it the other way around better (Tristan Russell). I also think it's cute when twins have reversed initials. Maybe Tristan Russell and Roman Tucker. Or if Gage is your absolute favorite, I think you should use it! Gage William and Wyatt Grayson.

#11 scarlet520

scarlet520

Expert Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 1,790 posts
  • Interests:I LOVE reading. I'm into almost every genre and generally read a book a week, if possible. I like Iris Johansen, Karen Marie Moning, Stephen King, James Patterson, Jane Austen, Charlotte Brontë, Diana Gabaldon, Kathy Reichs, and Robert Burns (every Scot's favorite author). I really love music and even got accepted to the Mason Gross School of Performing Arts at Rutgers University (my alma mater) for vocal performance. Unfortunately performance life was not for me, so I went into English Lit and French instead. Music is still a big part of my life, and I like a multitude of musical genres from Reggae to Rock to Opera. I've seen Carmen and La bohème each twice. (And I cry every time.) My husband and I also have a special place in our hearts for The Beatles.

Posted 30 September 2008 - 07:23 AM

I really like Russell Tristan. For your other son I prefer William Gage; IMO Gage seems more of a middle name rather than a first name. I hope this was helpful! Good luck!

#12 Bridget&Shaun

Bridget&Shaun

Junior Baby Namer

• Bronze Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 30 September 2008 - 11:02 PM

Thanks for all your input! It's appreciated more then you will ever know!! Unfortunately, my husband and I set out in an attepmt to shorten the list of possible names.... But instead it's nearly trippled! I really don't mind though, I think it's important that we consider a variety of names before deciding on the two that we absolutley cannot live without.

Thanks again for all your help,
Bridget

I also love the idea of reverse intials! Any suggestions would be greatly apreciated, as we are still undecided. Some of the earlier sugguestions that I adore are: Carter, Austin, Cohen, Kingston, Carson, Dalton and Keaton. As well as a few others I found while name-hunting: Blaine, Trenton, Brody, Jarett, Shane, Camden and Griffin. My husband's currently hooked on the idea of reverse intials as well, and today his favorite names were (but ask again in about 15 minutes, as I'm sure he'll have two completely different ones!):

Jarett Shane
Spencer James

Also, I've taken a strong liking to the name Taylor, but do you think it's too widely used as a girls name? I do know of boy's named Taylor, but do you think my son would get picked on?

Taylor Garrett
Gage Tristan

#13 rhaego

rhaego

Epic Baby Namer

• Charter Members
  • 1,896 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 08:15 AM

I think Spencer James is wonderful, but I don't like Jarett much. Gage Tristan is also wonderful, but I also like it flipped better (I'm not trying to always make Tristan a first name, I just like the flow better, haha :]). I don't think Taylor be made fun of for having the name Taylor, but it may be strange to have little girls in his classroom have his name. I'm still sticking with the idea of using Gage, since you love it so much. So how about:

Gage Cohen
Camden Gabriel

#14 scarlet520

scarlet520

Expert Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 1,790 posts
  • Interests:I LOVE reading. I'm into almost every genre and generally read a book a week, if possible. I like Iris Johansen, Karen Marie Moning, Stephen King, James Patterson, Jane Austen, Charlotte Brontë, Diana Gabaldon, Kathy Reichs, and Robert Burns (every Scot's favorite author). I really love music and even got accepted to the Mason Gross School of Performing Arts at Rutgers University (my alma mater) for vocal performance. Unfortunately performance life was not for me, so I went into English Lit and French instead. Music is still a big part of my life, and I like a multitude of musical genres from Reggae to Rock to Opera. I've seen Carmen and La bohème each twice. (And I cry every time.) My husband and I also have a special place in our hearts for The Beatles.

Posted 01 October 2008 - 11:12 AM

Spencer James is an amazing name!

If you want reversed initials, I'd use Jared or Jeremy Shane.

Spencer James & Jeremy Shane sound the best to me.

#15 Katie-Nana

Katie-Nana

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,652 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 12:31 PM

Thanks for all your input! It's appreciated more then you will ever know!! Unfortunately, my husband and I set out in an attepmt to shorten the list of possible names.... But instead it's nearly trippled! I really don't mind though, I think it's important that we consider a variety of names before deciding on the two that we absolutley cannot live without.

Thanks again for all your help,
Bridget

I also love the idea of reverse intials! Any suggestions would be greatly apreciated, as we are still undecided. Some of the earlier sugguestions that I adore are: Carter, Austin, Cohen, Kingston, Carson, Dalton and Keaton. As well as a few others I found while name-hunting: Blaine, Trenton, Brody, Jarett, Shane, Camden and Griffin. My husband's currently hooked on the idea of reverse intials as well, and today his favorite names were (but ask again in about 15 minutes, as I'm sure he'll have two completely different ones!):

Jarett Shane
Spencer James

Also, I've taken a strong liking to the name Taylor, but do you think it's too widely used as a girls name? I do know of boy's named Taylor, but do you think my son would get picked on?

Taylor Garrett
Gage Tristan

I love Spencer James and James Spencer is good too.
Not sure about Jarett Shane, I like Jared better or Jeremy or Jeffery.

What about Gage Tristian and Trenton Garrett. nn Gage and Trent
or Gage Trenton and Tristian Garrett.

#16 Bridget&Shaun

Bridget&Shaun

Junior Baby Namer

• Bronze Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 03:54 PM

Well thanks so much for all your help, but we learned today that we are not expecting twin boys, but really a boy and a girl. While we are thrilled that we have a daughter AND a son on the way, our name list is slightly lacking in the girls department.

We've picked out a few names, but the ones we like the most for a girl are:
Jamey
Jory
Tatum

My husband has chose the duos:
Elijah James
Jory Elisabeth
AND
Gage Tristan
Tatum Grace or Giselle

[Told you he changes every 15 minutes!]

Sugguestions?

#17 Alexis!

Alexis!

Epic Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • 1,614 posts
  • Interests:Bones
    Mysteries
    Baking
    Photography
    Science
    Writing
    Reading

Posted 01 October 2008 - 06:13 PM

DEFINITLEY use Gage!!! It's AMAZING!

I love the suggestion of Gage Tristan. For a girl, maybe Taylor Grace or Gabrielle?

#18 Smile

Smile

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 1,098 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 07:21 PM

I like Gage as well. I love Gisele and Tatum. Tatum Gisele and Gage Taylor would be nice names :) or even Gage Tristan.

#19 Bridget&Shaun

Bridget&Shaun

Junior Baby Namer

• Bronze Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 09:20 PM

Thank you everyone for your help! My husband and I are so grateful! We've decided for sure that our son will be named Gage. Some possible middle names are:
Gage Tristan
Gage Taylor
Gage Trenton
Gage Tyler
Gage Tucker
Some name's for our daughter are:
Teigan Grace/Giselle
Taylor Grace/Giselle
Tatum Grace/Giselle
Tyler Grace/Giselle

Right now I'm leaning towards Gage Taylor and Tatum G______. Once we have our daughter's first name picked out it will be much easier to decide which middle name sounds better with it, especially since we've narrowed it down to those two. As you can imagine, the first name is much more important to us!

Like any of those? Any more sugguestions?
Thanks guys, I seriously owe you!

#20 JENN2688

JENN2688

Legendary Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,508 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 10:51 PM

Maybe Tatum Genevieve ? I love Tatum Grace and Teigan Grace as well

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users