39 replies to this topic

#21 Jassypants

Jassypants

Junior Baby Namer

• Bronze Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 03:33 PM

I am looking to get a middle name for Bruce ____ Boll for a boy. We don't want the name to be to common, growing up with a name like Jessy. Also for a girl I looking for a first name with a middle name of Jayden.

Thanks,

My suggestions for you are:

Bruce Kenneth Boll
Bruce Deacon Boll
Bruce Lawrence Boll
Bruce Maxx Boll
Bruce Griffin Boll
Bruce Nolan Boll
Bruce Graham Boll

Michaela Jayden Boll
Rowan Jayden Boll
Piper Jayden Boll
Phoebe Jayden Boll
Lydia Jayden Boll
Julianna Jayden Boll
Darcy Jayden Boll

I hope you like the names! Don't be afraid to give me feedback and if you need more suggestions just ask.

#22 Jassypants

Jassypants

Junior Baby Namer

• Bronze Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 03:50 PM

I was going to ask a question, but accidentally clicked "new topic" instead of reply. ^^;

Sorry.

Anyways, here's the link to my question http://www.babynameg...mp;#entry148852

Hi: We are thinking of going with Jana (pronounced with 2 short 'a's) Caitlin, and have polled it different places, receiving limited feedback. Also most people just say "I like it" or "That's ugly/trashy" etc. We'd prefer a more in-depth answer. How do the names sit with you (individually and together)? What are the positives and the negatives?

I love it when people take the naming of their child so seriously! Let's start with the name Jana. The meaning of Jana is "God is gracious" and the orgins of it are Slavic. The name peaked in the 1960s and is currently not in the top 1000 names. This means that not only is it religous, which might appeal to some people more than others, it is not very popular. Personally, Jana doesnt make my list because it is so short and it seems plain, but for some reason I like it a lot when it is paired with Caitlin. Now on to Caitlin! It means "pure" and derives from the Irish Catherine. It peaked in the 1990s and was the 340th most popular name for girls. I like Caitlin as a middle name because it is so common and it meshes well with Jana. The only thing that is bugging me is the fact that you have two plain names together. I am not going to tell you what to name your child, I am going to guide you, though. Have you ever thought of a first name around Jana, but not quite it? Maybe Alyssa or Callie. Maybe you should think of a fun nickname to take the "old" feeling away? Just food for thought. Tell me what you decide on and if I helped you let me know!

#23 ashleylyn

ashleylyn

Distinguished Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 07:50 AM

Ok so for girls i need second middle names and some i need both middle names. ... here they go

!. Aubrin olive, second middle name
2. Addison sage, second middle name
3. Bridgett Bay....second middle name
4. Briar Adele....second middle name
5. Camilla ..two middle names
6. Collins olivia....second middle name
7. Ivy willow ....second middle name
8. Nora Gene....second middle name
9.Piper Laurel .....second middle name
10. paisley mackenzie...second middle name
11. saoirse Eden.....second middle name
12. sophia meadow....second middle name
13. seraphina harper....second middle name
14. charlotte elizabeth....second middle name
15. lillian kathryn....second middle name

Boys

1. Chaseton Ray...second middle name
2. Emmett marine ....second middle name
3. Finley Adam...second middle name
4. Hudson...both middle names
5. Liam Oliver....second middle name
6. Maycon Andrew....second middle name
7. milo jameson...second middle name
8. Silas Garrison....second middle name
9. Zachariah Vance....second middle name
10. Eli Joseph....second middle name
11. suggestions
12. suggestions
13. suggestions
14. suggestions
15. suggestions

Last name is croxton

#24 Jassypants

Jassypants

Junior Baby Namer

• Bronze Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 02:01 PM

Ok so for girls i need second middle names and some i need both middle names. ... here they go

!. Aubrin olive, second middle name
2. Addison sage, second middle name
3. Bridgett Bay....second middle name
4. Briar Adele....second middle name
5. Camilla ..two middle names
6. Collins olivia....second middle name
7. Ivy willow ....second middle name
8. Nora Gene....second middle name
9.Piper Laurel .....second middle name
10. paisley mackenzie...second middle name
11. saoirse Eden.....second middle name
12. sophia meadow....second middle name
13. seraphina harper....second middle name
14. charlotte elizabeth....second middle name
15. lillian kathryn....second middle name

Boys

1. Chaseton Ray...second middle name
2. Emmett marine ....second middle name
3. Finley Adam...second middle name
4. Hudson...both middle names
5. Liam Oliver....second middle name
6. Maycon Andrew....second middle name
7. milo jameson...second middle name
8. Silas Garrison....second middle name
9. Zachariah Vance....second middle name
10. Eli Joseph....second middle name
11. suggestions
12. suggestions
13. suggestions
14. suggestions
15. suggestions

Last name is croxton

Sorry I didn't get right on this. Something happened with my power for a little bit so I haven't been able to check all day. Boy do I love a challenge! Don't worry I will help you.

!. Aubrin Olive Alexa
2. Addison Sage Carmen
3. Bridgett Bay Maizie
4. Briar Adele Freya
5. Camilla Alice Esme
6. Collins Olivia Zoe
7. Ivy Willow Paige
8. Nora Gene Audrey
9.Piper Laurel Rosemarie
10. Paisley Mackenzie Annabelle
11. Saoirse Eden Aideen
12. Sophia Meadow Skyler
13. Seraphina Harper Violet
14. Charlotte Elizabeth Thea
15. Lillian Kathryn Eloise

Boys

1. Chaseton Ray Kiran
2. Emmett Marine Harrison
3. Finley Adam Asher
4. Hudson Wiley Carter
5. Liam Oliver Gavin
6. Maycon Andrew Tyler
7. Milo Jameson Felix
8. Silas Garrison Jasper
9. Zachariah Vance Liam
10. Eli Joseph Owen
11. Lewis Elliot Samuel
12. Finn Mitchell Alec
13. Cameron Rielly Luke
14. Timothy Grady Allen
15. Gregory Heath Jonathan

I hope you like some of them! Let me know what you think.

#25 Frances

Frances

Aspiring Baby Namer

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 28 August 2011 - 02:01 PM

Hi: We are thinking of going with Jana (pronounced with 2 short 'a's) Caitlin, and have polled it different places, receiving limited feedback. Also most people just say "I like it" or "That's ugly/trashy" etc. We'd prefer a more in-depth answer. How do the names sit with you (individually and together)? What are the positives and the negatives?

I love it when people take the naming of their child so seriously! Let's start with the name Jana. The meaning of Jana is "God is gracious" and the orgins of it are Slavic. The name peaked in the 1960s and is currently not in the top 1000 names. This means that not only is it religous, which might appeal to some people more than others, it is not very popular. Personally, Jana doesnt make my list because it is so short and it seems plain, but for some reason I like it a lot when it is paired with Caitlin. Now on to Caitlin! It means "pure" and derives from the Irish Catherine. It peaked in the 1990s and was the 340th most popular name for girls. I like Caitlin as a middle name because it is so common and it meshes well with Jana. The only thing that is bugging me is the fact that you have two plain names together. I am not going to tell you what to name your child, I am going to guide you, though. Have you ever thought of a first name around Jana, but not quite it? Maybe Alyssa or Callie. Maybe you should think of a fun nickname to take the "old" feeling away? Just food for thought. Tell me what you decide on and if I helped you let me know!

Thank you for your answer. Part of the appeal of these names for us was that they are relatively plain. We're kinda traditional and don't really care for the odd spellings and pronunciations of names that seem to be the fashion nowdays. That said, do you think Jana will be a source of confusion to people. We already get "Now is it JAN-uh, JANE-uh, YAHN-uh?" I thought of adding another 'n' so the pronunciation would clearly be JAN-uh, but I think it lowers the class somehow. That's why we also went with the traditional spelling of Caitlin rather than one of the more popular variants. As for nicknames, as you said, Jana is short so there isn't much to work with there. Is Caitie an option?

#26 Ruby21411

Ruby21411

Novice Baby Namer

• PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 28 August 2011 - 02:41 PM

I wanted to know what would be a good first and middle name for a brother and sister for Kinley Arabella? I'm not expecting, just curious, my boyfriend and I discuss names all the time for when we are older and want more kids. :) Thanks in advance. :)

#27 Breezee22

Breezee22

Novice Baby Namer

• PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 28 August 2011 - 04:47 PM

I wanted to know what would be a good first and middle name for a brother and sister for Kinley Arabella? I'm not expecting, just curious, my boyfriend and I discuss names all the time for when we are older and want more kids. :) Thanks in advance. :)

I am so happy to see that people out there realize that siblings names have to "go" with each other. I cringe when I hear aout a Harmony talking to her little brother Antonio. By the way I love Kinley with Arabella. it isn't a name combination that I would have picked, but it works.

What about?

Taralyn Mackenzie
Hadley Aurora
Brenna Marguerite
Lanie Georgiana
Kendall Isabella
Harper Addison

Carter Landon
Brody Oliver
Bentley Magnus
Keegan Sawyer
Cole Griffin
Logan Graham

Let me know what you think and if you need any more suggestions!

#28 Breezee22

Breezee22

Novice Baby Namer

• PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 28 August 2011 - 04:53 PM

Thank you for your answer. Part of the appeal of these names for us was that they are relatively plain. We're kinda traditional and don't really care for the odd spellings and pronunciations of names that seem to be the fashion nowdays. That said, do you think Jana will be a source of confusion to people. We already get "Now is it JAN-uh, JANE-uh, YAHN-uh?" I thought of adding another 'n' so the pronunciation would clearly be JAN-uh, but I think it lowers the class somehow. That's why we also went with the traditional spelling of Caitlin rather than one of the more popular variants. As for nicknames, as you said, Jana is short so there isn't much to work with there. Is Caitie an option?

I wasn't saying that plain names are bad, we just have differnet opinions. I honestly didn't know that there were different ways to pronounce it until a few months ago. I always thought that by the way it was spelled, you must pronounce it Jan-uh. I don't think that it will be a confusion especially for your friends and faily because the will pronounce it the way you do. As for other people, it is a simple mistake and can easily be fixed. Don't change the spelling, it is beautiful the way it is! As for nicknames, I failed to mention that parents can call her anything that they want and Catie is an option if you want it to be. People call there kids Poppy, EJ (when the initials are T and F)m and so much more. She doesn't need a nickname either. I hope this helps. Good luck!

#29 umgardn1

umgardn1

Aspiring Baby Namer

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 06:25 PM

Currently we have 2 Boys and do not know the sex of the 3rd child.

Ryder James Gardner
Parks Jerret Gardner

I am hoping for name ideas for a boy and a girl.

Thanks
Ryan

#30 ashleylyn

ashleylyn

Distinguished Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 07:13 PM

Sorry I didn't get right on this. Something happened with my power for a little bit so I haven't been able to check all day. Boy do I love a challenge! Don't worry I will help you.

!. Aubrin Olive Alexa
2. Addison Sage Carmen
3. Bridgett Bay Maizie
4. Briar Adele Freya
5. Camilla Alice Esme
6. Collins Olivia Zoe
7. Ivy Willow Paige
8. Nora Gene Audrey
9.Piper Laurel Rosemarie
11. Saoirse Eden Aideen
12. Sophia Meadow Skyler

Boys

1. Chaseton Ray Kiran
3. Finley Adam Asher
4. Hudson Wiley Carter
5. Liam Oliver Gavin
6. Maycon Andrew Tyler
7. Milo Jameson Felix
8. Silas Garrison Jasper
9. Zachariah Vance Liam
10. Eli Joseph Owen
11. Lewis Elliot Samuel
12. Finn Mitchell Alec
13. Cameron Rielly Luke
14. Timothy Grady Allen

Thanks so much!!

#31 Breezee22

Breezee22

Novice Baby Namer

• PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 02:32 PM

Currently we have 2 Boys and do not know the sex of the 3rd child.

Ryder James Gardner
Parks Jerret Gardner

I am hoping for name ideas for a boy and a girl.

Thanks
Ryan

Love the names you have already used for your previous children!! Hopefully my suggestions can live up to the uniqueness of Ryder and Parks. Well....here goes.....

Quentin Gage
Chase Walker
Jett Loenard
Julian Knight
Sterling Grant
Asher Sullivan
Spencer Drew

Lennox Morgan
Avalynn Giselle
Kennedy Alexa
Maisie Skye
Marley Reece
Piper Zoe
Mia Chelsea

Tell what you like/dislike about these names. I hope I helped some!

#32 ashleylyn

ashleylyn

Distinguished Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 06:24 PM

!. Aubrin Olive Alexa
2. Addison Sage Carmen
3. Bridgett Bay Maizie
4. Briar Adele Freya
5. Camilla Alice Esme
6. Collins Olivia Zoe
7. Ivy Willow Paige
8. Nora Gene Audrey
9.Piper Laurel Rosemarie
11. Saoirse Eden Aideen
12. Sophia Meadow Skyler

Boys

1. Chaseton Ray Kiran
3. Finley Adam Asher
4. Hudson Wiley Carter
5. Liam Oliver Gavin
6. Maycon Andrew Tyler
7. Milo Jameson Felix
8. Silas Garrison Jasper
9. Zachariah Vance Liam
10. Eli Joseph Owen
11. Lewis Elliot Samuel
12. Finn Mitchell Alec
13. Cameron Rielly Luke
14. Timothy Grady Allen

THANKS!! LOVE EM!

#33 umgardn1

umgardn1

Aspiring Baby Namer

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 06:33 PM

Love the names you have already used for your previous children!! Hopefully my suggestions can live up to the uniqueness of Ryder and Parks. Well....here goes.....

Quentin Gage
Chase Walker
Jett Loenard
Julian Knight
Sterling Grant
Asher Sullivan
Spencer Drew

Lennox Morgan
Avalynn Giselle
Kennedy Alexa
Maisie Skye
Marley Reece
Piper Zoe
Mia Chelsea

Tell what you like/dislike about these names. I hope I helped some!

I like the names Jett, Asher for boys and Piper for a girl.

Thanks

#34 jerax1011

jerax1011

Aspiring Baby Namer

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 09:26 PM

My boyfriend and I have been narrowing down baby names and have come up with a girls name Aurora Elaine King but need a boy's name. We really like the name Drake King, but need a good middle name to go with it. Preferably one that starts with a vowel because it seems to flow better. Any suggestions??

#35 CharityLee

CharityLee

Novice Baby Namer

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 02:33 PM

I absolutely can help you! Damian Kyle is a beautiful name for a boy and Jennifer can also be a part of a great name if the first name is just as unique as Damian. How about....

Arianna Jennifer Burt*
Ciera Jennifer Burt
Madeline Jennifer Burt
Gabriella Jennifer Burt
Julianna Jennifer Burt
Francesca Jennifer Burt
Gianna Jennifer Burt

Let me know if any of these strike your fancy.

I think I like Arianna but Im gonna spell it Aeriyona.

#36 debsge

debsge

Novice Baby Namer

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 02:50 PM

My son's name is Sage Jonavon. Now we are expecting a daughter, and could always use opinions on names. Some that we have considered are:
Shaina Elise
Autumn Rose
Lily Raine
Clara
Wren
June
Anise
Elise
Keira
Emily
Ella
Allie
Olive
Or any combination of these. Any other suggestions are welcome, too!

#37 NavyWife24

NavyWife24

Junior Baby Namer

• Bronze Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 12:00 AM

My husband and I need help on which name would be the best for our little boy. He has two older sisters, Constantine Arabella and Alistair Marie, and an older brother, Mikhol Eion (alternative spelling for Michael Ian). We've narrowed it down to six names.

Lyle Abel Waterson

Lyle Alexander Waterson

Lyle Avery Waterson

Lyle Fisher Waterson

Lyle London Waterson

Lyle Loren Waterson

We are defiantly keeping Lyle. Thanks for the help :) And please give me you reason for pick the name(s) you did. It would be really helpful. Suggestions are welcome as well. Thanks again ;)

#38 Rachael.H

Rachael.H

Novice Baby Namer

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • Interests:I enjoy spending time with my daughter, husband, and brothers! I like to watch football and I also LOVE to read and write. I am a newly minted college graduate with a bachelor's degree in both English Composition and Communications with a minor in English Literature. My main interest now (aside from my wonderful family, of course!) is attempting to write professionally. I would also like to try my hand at a little editing, and even potentially attempt to snag a job doing some PR work.

Posted 17 September 2011 - 08:27 PM

I just posted my own thread about this but would like to get your opinion on the subject! If you don't like this idea... Could you give me some suggestions for baby names that go nicely with my daughter's?!
--

My husband and I have an 8 1/2 month old daughter named Harlow. We are planning to have at least one more child, but have not yet conceived. My mother-in-law suggested at dinner last night that we continue an "ow" pattern for the names of our future children to match Harlow's name... She suggested Willow for another girl and Milow for a boy...

I am not sure how I feel about this idea, but my husband seemed to go along with her and showed some genuine interest in patterned names. What do you think of the idea? Harlow and Willow or Harlow and Milow... Is that too similar? Will they be made fun of at school for having names that match too closely?

Thank you!

Rachael

#39 Rachael.H

Rachael.H

Novice Baby Namer

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • Interests:I enjoy spending time with my daughter, husband, and brothers! I like to watch football and I also LOVE to read and write. I am a newly minted college graduate with a bachelor's degree in both English Composition and Communications with a minor in English Literature. My main interest now (aside from my wonderful family, of course!) is attempting to write professionally. I would also like to try my hand at a little editing, and even potentially attempt to snag a job doing some PR work.

Posted 18 September 2011 - 03:19 AM

Sorry to butt in here.. But I wanted to throw in my own thoughts, if you don't mind! :)

I graduated from high school in 2008, and every other name called at graduation seemed to be a variation of Caitlin.... So many girls in my high school had the nickname "Caitie" that we often joked that if you forgot a girl's name, yelling out "Cait!" or "Caitie!" would probably yield an appropriate response. Most of the girls that I grew up with who had this name disliked the extreme commonality of it.

I ended up marrying a boy I went to high school with in the summer of 2009, and we just had our first child this past January. When naming our daughter, we decided to give her a name that strayed from the "traditional path" in the hopes that she would not grow to dislike her name simply because she felt that she was just one girl in a long line of girls who shared a name. We chose Harlow for a first name, but gave her a more common and "professional" name as a middle name: Renée. We figured that this would give her an option later on in life if she wanted to use something more common in her professional life. With all of this being said, I would have to agree with our New Baby Name Genie in saying that two common names might just be a little too plain! But, nonetheless, I do think that Jana and Caitlin are both beautiful names... and both very feminin! If you do decide on this name, it will be a beautiful choice regardless if it sounds common to some people or not! ;)

As for your worry about confusion on pronunciation of Jana... Well, my name is spelled RachAEL vs. the traditional RachEL spelling, and growing up, I was RARELY called by the correct name. People always ended up calling me "Rochelle" because they were very confused by the spelling of my name. It was bothersome when I was young and in school, but I've gotten used to it now and I think the spelling of my name as Rachael looks nicer than the Rachel spelling. So while the pronunciation might be a problem for her in her early years at school, it probably won't matter to her down the road! :P

Hope this was of some use to you! :P

#40 jess21

jess21

Aspiring Baby Namer

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Interests:Family :)

Posted 28 September 2011 - 09:37 AM

Hi I currently have 2 little girls amethyst and xailei I'm pregnant again and would like boys names and girls names but I want them to be unique can u help me?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users