This is a 5 part series. Part 1 was years 0-13, Part 2 is years 14-18, Part 3 will be years 19-40, Part 4 will be years 41-60, and Part 5 will be years 61-80. Of course you can discontinue anywhere along the lines but the option to continue will be there.
Here is part 1: https://www.babyname...showtopic=39964
Here is part 2: https://www.babyname...showtopic=39965 '
Here's your dice: https://www.wizards....d/dice/dice.htm
Roll the dice to determine what happens each year. You can choose whether you want one or two life events to happen per year. You don't have to do the same number of events per year for ever age group. It's your choice how detailed you want to be. Roll for every year, ages 19-40.
You can decide whether you go straight to university after school/ the year off when beginning this game. If you do, you can use hte School Events section if it comes up. Otherwise, it'll just be a potential option to roll later on (but seeing as there's so many options it may not happen ). You can list when you graduate to match a reasonable timeline from after you began taking classes.
Name (roll a 20 sided dice)
1. First letter is the same as the first letter of a parent.
2. A name with a double letter (ie Elliott, Camille, Anne, Reese)
3. You choose.
4. The name honors a relative in some manner.
5. First letter is the same as the first letter of the surname.
6. Name honors a favorite childhood book or movie.
7. The name ends with a consonant.
8. The name is unisex or has a unisex nickname possibility.
9. A nature name or a name that has a nature related meaning.
10. 6 letter long name.
11. A top 50 baby name according to the most recent SSA baby names list.
12. An animal name or a name with an animal meaning.
13. A word name (includes nature words, inspirational words, etc)
14. A 2-4 letter name.
15. Baby name containing the letter O.
16. A winter related baby name.
17. A name relating to the space or the sky.
18. 3+ syllable name.
19. A name related to science or scientists.
20. Old fashioned name.
Life Events (roll an 8 sided dice to decide which section, then go to the matching one below)
1. Baby/Child Events
2. School Events (reroll if you aren't already attending school)
3. Work Events
4. Relationship Events
5. Child Life Events
6. Travel Events
7. Health Events
8. Misc Events
Baby/Child Events (Roll a 20 sided dice. If you roll multiples, roll the dice again to determine the sex of each baby. Even will be girl and odd will be boy. It's your choice whether the baby/child comes to you biologically, via a surrogate, or by adoption. If you adopt, you can choose their age. You can also decide whether a pregnancies are planned, unplanned, surprise, etc.)
1. Baby boy
2. Baby girl
3. Baby boy
4. Baby girl
6. Baby boy
7. Baby girl
8. Baby boy
11. Pregnancy loss, condolences.
12. Baby girl
13. Baby boy
14. Baby girl
15. Baby boy
17. Baby boy
18. Baby girl
20. Baby girl
School Events (roll a 6 sided dice)
1. You really enjoy one of your classes this semester! Which one and why?
2. You fail a class this semester. Do you have to retake the class (required class for your major)?
3. You take an important test. How did it go?
4. You have an awful professor at school this semester. What makes them awful? What do you do about it?
5. You really dislike one of your classes this semester. Which one and why?
6. You decide to either switch your major, to pursue two majors, or change your minor.
Work Events (roll a 4 sided dice then a 6 sided dice)
1.1. You or your spouse get a promotion!
1.2. You begin volunteer work. Where at?
1.3. You or your spouse get a raise!
1.4. You or your spouse applied for a new job but were rejected.
1.5. You or your spouse get fired.
1.6. Your job offers you the opportunity to pay for you to go to university to advance your skills for you job. Do you take it?
2.1. You or your spouse get a raise!
2.2. You or your spouse get your dream job! What is it?
2.3. You or your spouse transfer to another area of your job. Are you both happy with the transfer? Are there benefits to the switch? Does the transfer involve moving homes and if so, is it temporary or permanent?
2.4. You achieve something significant at work.
2.5. You have an awful boss or coworker at work. What makes them awful? What do you do about it, if anything?
2.6. You or your spouse get a promotion!
3.1. You or your spouse loose your job.
3.2. You begin volunteer work. Where at?
3.3. 6. You and/or your spouse decide to open your own business. What kind of business is it?
3.4. You or your spouse mess up at work! What are the consequences?
3.5. You or your spouse get let go.
3.6. You or your spouse get a raise!
4.1. You begin volunteer work. Where at?
4.2. You or your spouse decide to discontinue your/their job in favor of being a house spouse. How does this effect the family?
4.3. Your job opens a new location across the state and offers you a higher level position, if you'd like to move. Do you take it?
4.4. You or your spouse have a work function/event and it turns out to be a wonderful time! What kind of function/event is it?
4.5. You or your spouse applied for a new job but were rejected.
4.6. You or your spouse take a business trip. Where is it to? Do you and your spouse get to go together or alone? If you have kids and you're both going, where are they during this trip?
Relationship Events (roll a 4 sided dice then a 6 sided dice)
1.1. You get married.
1.2. Your older sibling has a baby! If you have no older siblings, you can choose whether it's your spouses sibling or a best friend who has a baby. [Go to Baby/Child Events and Name section to determine baby's info]
1.3. You get engaged.
1.4. You lose a best friend. What happened?
1.5. Your or your spouses parents move in with you for 6 months. Why? How does it go?
1.6. You meet someone you are romantically interested in! If you're single, do you go for it? If you're in a relationship, do you end your current relationship to pursue or do you sort your feelings.
2.1. Your spouse/partner comes out as LGBTQ+. How does this effect your relationship?
2.2. You or your spouse decide to cut contact with a family member(s). What happened?
2.3. Something is happening in your or your spouses siblings life where they ask you to temporarily keep their children in your home. What's going on? How long do they stay? (You decide how many children, their sex, their age, and their name)
2.4. You and your partner renew your vows! If you weren't married, you're getting married!
2.5. Your partner/spouse is cheating! Did they come forward or were they caught? Do you decide to move forward working through it together or do you separate?
2.6. One of you or your spouses parents pass away.
3.1. You meet someone you are romantically interested in! If you're single, do you go for it? If you're in a relationship, do you end your current relationship to pursue or do you sort your feelings.
3.2. One of you or your spouses siblings pass away. Do they have children? Will their children need a home and if so, will you adopt them? (You choose how many children, their sex, their age, and their name)
3.3. You get divorced. If you're not married, you break up from a serious relationship.
3.4. You get in a fight with a family member. What happened? Are you able to resolve it?
3.5. You get engaged.
3.6 You attend a family gathering.
4.1. You lose a loved one. Who was it?
4.2. Your or your spouses parents are having marital problems. Roll a dice to see whether they reconcile or separate, with odd being reconcile and even being separate.
4.3. You meet someone you are romantically interested in! If you're single, do you go for it? If you're in a relationship, do you end your current relationship to pursue or do you sort your feelings.
4.4. Your younger sibling has a baby! If you have no younger siblings older than 15, you can choose whether it's a spouses sibling or a best friend who has a baby. [Go to Baby/Child Events and Name section to determine baby's info]
4.5. You come out as LGBTQ+. How does this effect your relationships?
4.6. You get married.
Child Life Events (roll a 20 sided dice)
1. Your child has their first dance recital!
2. Your child is diagnosed with asthma.
3. Your child experiences an injury that disables them. What happened? Is it permanent or temporary? How will life change to accommodate their needs?
4. Your child has a big sporting event! What sport do they play?
5. Your child begins learning a musical instrument! Which one?
6. Your child earns an award they worked hard for! What is the award for?
7. You have problems with your child's schooling. What's going on? Are you able to successfully resolve it? Do you make any changes to their schooling situation?
Your child takes up an after school activity. What is it?
8. Your child learns how to swim!
9. Your child comes out as LGBTQ+. Are all their loved ones supportive?
10. Your child is diagnosed with a neurodiversity. Which one(s)? [neurodiversity includes ADHD, Autism, Dyscalculia, Dysgraphia, Dyslexia, Dyspraxia, Hyperlexia, Synesthesia, etc. For reference, ADHD can be diagnosed as young as 4, Autism as young as 18 months, Hyperlexia as young as 18 months, and Dyscalculia/Dysgraphia/Dyslexia/Synesthesia cannot be diagnosed until elementary ages].
11. Your child joins an after school club. What kind of club is it?
12. You discover your child has a talent! What is it? Do they enjoy it?
13. Your child breaks a bone! Which one and how did it happen?
14. Your child learns to ride something with wheels! What did you learn to ride? (Bicycle, skateboard, roller blades, etc).
15. Your child gets into a fight at school. Did they instigate? Were they defending themselves? Were they defending a classmate?
16. Your child begs for a pet. What kind of pet are they asking for? Do you get it for them? If so, what do they name it?
17. Your child has their first boyfriend/girlfriend. What are they like? (if they're too young, re-roll for another option).
18. Your child is diagnosed with an allergy. What are they allergic to? How much does this alter their life?
19. Your child asks to dye their hair a fun color. What color do they choose?
20. Your child is diagnosed with a serious illness/disease. What is it? How long does it take to recover? Or will it take life long management? How do you handle learning this?
Travel Events (roll a 10 sided dice)
1. You move to a new house! Is it local to where you previously lived or far away?
2. You go on a solo vacation! Where do you go?
3. You take a family vacation. Where do you go?
4. You move to a new apartment. Is it local to where you previously lived or far away?
5. You and your spouse win an all expenses paid trip! Where do you go? Do you bring your kids (if you have any)?
6. You move to a new country! Which one/where at?
7. You take a family vacation. Where do you go?
8. You take a road trip! Who do you take with? Or do you go solo? Where do you go?
9. You and your family decide to have a stay-cation. Do you visit local attractions or do you stay home and rest, or a mix of the two?
10. You and your spouse take a weekend trip away. Where do you go?
Health Events (roll a 10 sided dice)
1. You experience an illness/disease. What is it? Does it have long term effects?
2. You experience an injury that permanently disables you. What happened? How will life change to accommodate your needs?
3. You or your partner are diagnosed with an allergy. What are you/they allergic to? How much will this change you/their life?
4. You care for someone with an illness/disease. Who is it? What illness/disease are they struggling with?
5. You get in a car accident and get injured. Is it a minor or major injury?
6. You are diagnosed with a neurodiversity. Which one(s)? [neurodiversity includes ADHD, Autism, Dyscalculia, Dysgraphia, Dyslexia, Dyspraxia, Hyperlexia, Synesthesia, etc]
7. You or your partner are diagnosed with depression.
8. You or your partner are diagnosed with anxiety.
9. You break a bone! Which one and how did it happen?
10. You experience an injury that disables you for a period of time. What happened? How are things changing for you?
Misc Events (roll a 4 sided dice then an 8 sided dice)
1.1. You decide to learn a new language. Which language is it? Do you take classes or do you seek out learning on your own? How well does it go?
1.2. You or your partner appear on the local news. What is going on in town?
1.3. You decide to alter your appearance in some fashion. What do you decide to do?
1.4. You or your spouse make a negative financial decision. How do you recover?
1.5. You buy a new/ new to you car. What kind of car is it?
1.6. You win a large sum of money! Where from? What do you do with it?
1.7. You experience something that changed your perspective in life. What happened and how does it change your life moving forward?
1.8. A minor natural disaster hits your area. How badly are you effected? Did you have to evacuate your home? Was there any damage?
2.1. You take on a new hobby. What is it?
2.2. You have tickets to a major sporting event. Do you enjoy sports? Does your spouse/partner/best friend? Do you go and have an amazing time or do you gift the tickets to a loved one?
2.3. You get a piercing. Where?
2.4. You accomplish something that took a lot of effort! What it is?
2.5. You and your spouse have some financial difficulties. Are you able to resolve them? Will you need support from loved ones? What becomes of it?
2.6. You decide to go back to university! What do you plan on studying?
2.7. You learn how to do something by yourself. What is it?
2.8. You discover a favorite book series! Which one?
3.1. You dye your hair a fun color. What color do you choose?
3.2. You get in a car accident! Are you okay? How is your car?
3.3. You begin writing a blog. What is the theme?
3.4. You or your spouse achieve a life long goal! What is it?
3.5. You or your spouse get an inheritance. What do you inherit (ie a house, money, etc)? What do you do with it?
3.6. You learn how to play a musical instrument. Which one?
3.7. One of your loved ones threw you a surprise party! Were you surprised? Did you love it?
3.8. You go to a concert! Who do you see?
4.1. You add a pet to your family. What kind of animal is it? What do you name it?
4.2. You get involved in a club/ organization. Which one and why?
4.3. You write a book. What about?
4.4. You get a tattoo. Where on your body and what do you get?
4.5. You meet someone who has had a big influence in your life!
4.6. You or your spouse play a game show on television. What game show is it? How well did you do?
4.7. You discover something about yourself. What is it?
4.8. You discover a favorite spot to connect with nature. Where is it and/or what is it like?