• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Laugh-Dream-Love

Laugh-Dream-Love

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,811 posts
  • Interests:Watching movies and snuggling with my boyfriend; Writing; Reading; Listening to music; Drawing; Singing

Posted 14 February 2013 - 03:14 PM

Recently I have been liking the name Charlie more and more for a little boy. I've also been crushing really hard on the name Alfie too, which is just super cute imo :3

Just a few questions for you lovely baby namers :)

- What are your opinions on the names Charlie and Alfie, and how well do you think they would age?

- Do you think Charlie and Alfie would work as a sib-set?

- If both Charlie and Alfie were used, would a theme of boys names ending in 'ie' have to be carried on?
- What are some middle names that you can think of that go well with Charlie and Alfie?

Also, what do you think of these combinations:

- Charlie Graeme

- Alfie Graeme

- Charlie Graeme Keith

- Alfie Graeme Keith

(Graeme has expressed how he wants to have a little Graeme Keith...I haven't told him that I don't really want a jr yet, but I'll find the courage to when we get around to the baby thing :P)

Thank you so very much lovely ladies and gents of BNG :)

*leaves cookies*

Hannah ♥

• Remy Hadley likes this

#2 Katie-Nana

Katie-Nana

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Super Moderators
  • 6,652 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 05:44 PM

1. I really like Charlie & Alfie. If you went with Charles nn Charlie and Alfred nn Alfie I think they would age fine.
2. I think they sound great for siblings
3. No.

I really ilke Graeme with Charlie, Keith doesn't really go but since it is honoring I think it sounds fine Charlie Graeme Keith or Charles Graeme Keith nn Charlie.

Alfie George
Alfie Grant
Alfie/Alfred Walter
Alfie/Alfred Benjamin
Alfie/Alfred Theodore
Alfred Lawrence

#3 Puppylover12397

Puppylover12397

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 6,184 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 07:38 PM

I agree with Katie about the idea of using Charles and Alfred and using the nn. Charlie and Alfie. The pairings she suggested were top notch ;)

#4 brittany111

brittany111

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,912 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 02:11 AM

Neither name are my ‘style’. I prefer Charlie over Alfie. Alfie for me feels too old, Charlie is old too but I find it works better nowdays than Alfie.

I think they would make a perfect sib set.

No I don’t think you would have to continue with IE ending names.

Personally if it were me I would use more modern but not crazy middle names ie Charlie Joshua, Alfie Lucas etc etc.

With Graeme as a middle name I prefer Charlie Graeme, With the two middle names I think it works well for both.
I think a little Graeme Kieth would be cute nn Grey!

#5 Remy Hadley

Remy Hadley

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • 7,889 posts
  • Interests:♥ baby names ♥ pasta ♥ sherlock holmes ♥ knitting / crocheting ♥ hiking ♥ dogs ♥ sea creatures ♥ birds ♥ nature documentaries ♥ peaceful parenting ♥ cooking ♥

Posted 15 February 2013 - 07:11 AM

I really like both Charlie and Alfie!! I somewhat agree on Charles and Alfred as full name and using the nick names, but lately I've been a fan of nick name names so idk :) Even using Charles and Alfie would be cute and a little less of a theme. I don't necessarily think you MUST carry on with the theme, but there definitely is a bit of a theme. I think also if you had a kid in between or before Charlie and Alfie (ie a girl) then it would work. Or even if you used Molly (which is on your list? :P ). I've had both names on my list though :D Mike didn't like Alfie at all, unfortunately. And he kept saying something about a tuna named Charlie? Idk, confused me.

I love all the combo's you have for Charlie and Alfie! Either Graeme or Graeme Keith woupd make a great middle name for them!

Charlie Mason
Charlie Thomas
Charlie Daniel
Charlie Vincent
Charlie Oliver
Charlie Samuel
Charlie Finn
Charlie Benjamin / Bennett
Charlie Isaac

Alfie Christopher (the combo I had :) )
Alfie Parker
Alfie Joseph
Alfie Hector
Alfie William
Alfie Ryan
Alfie Nathan
Alfie Edmund
Alfie Matthew / Matthias

OMG COOKIES!! :D

#6 Laugh-Dream-Love

Laugh-Dream-Love

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 10,811 posts
  • Interests:Watching movies and snuggling with my boyfriend; Writing; Reading; Listening to music; Drawing; Singing

Posted 15 February 2013 - 12:02 PM

1. I really like Charlie & Alfie. If you went with Charles nn Charlie and Alfred nn Alfie I think they would age fine.
2. I think they sound great for siblings
3. No.

I really ilke Graeme with Charlie, Keith doesn't really go but since it is honoring I think it sounds fine Charlie Graeme Keith or Charles Graeme Keith nn Charlie.

Alfie George
Alfie Grant
Alfie/Alfred Walter
Alfie/Alfred Benjamin
Alfie/Alfred Theodore
Alfred Lawrence

Thank you for your suggestions :-) I'm not really a fan of Charles and Alfred, but I was searching for a longer version of Alfie for a while. I quite like Alphonse/Alfonso but not as much as just plain Alfie.

I like your suggestions of Alfie George, Alfie Benjamin and Alfie Theodore :-) All three of these middle names work well with both Alfie and Charlie actually, which is good as I'm planning on using Graeme Keith as a middle for my first boy (if I have one), so George, Benjamin or Theodore can be a middle name for either Alfie or Charlie depending on which I don't use first time around :-)

I agree with Katie about the idea of using Charles and Alfred and using the nn. Charlie and Alfie. The pairings she suggested were top notch ;)

Thank you :-)

Neither name are my ‘style’. I prefer Charlie over Alfie. Alfie for me feels too old, Charlie is old too but I find it works better nowdays than Alfie.

I think they would make a perfect sib set.

No I don’t think you would have to continue with IE ending names.

Personally if it were me I would use more modern but not crazy middle names ie Charlie Joshua, Alfie Lucas etc etc.

With Graeme as a middle name I prefer Charlie Graeme, With the two middle names I think it works well for both.
I think a little Graeme Kieth would be cute nn Grey!

Haha thanks :-) I'm not too keen on using Graeme Keith as his first and middle, just because I already have a Graeme Keith and he's enough lol :-P I did think of Graeson Keith nn Grey, but his surname (and mine) ends in 'son' which doesn't flow well. Plus, someone he knows just had a baby called Graeson lol (same spelling and all).

I really like both Charlie and Alfie!! I somewhat agree on Charles and Alfred as full name and using the nick names, but lately I've been a fan of nick name names so idk :) Even using Charles and Alfie would be cute and a little less of a theme. I don't necessarily think you MUST carry on with the theme, but there definitely is a bit of a theme. I think also if you had a kid in between or before Charlie and Alfie (ie a girl) then it would work. Or even if you used Molly (which is on your list? :P ). I've had both names on my list though :D Mike didn't like Alfie at all, unfortunately. And he kept saying something about a tuna named Charlie? Idk, confused me.

I love all the combo's you have for Charlie and Alfie! Either Graeme or Graeme Keith woupd make a great middle name for them!

Charlie Mason
Charlie Thomas
Charlie Daniel
Charlie Vincent
Charlie Oliver
Charlie Samuel
Charlie Finn
Charlie Benjamin / Bennett
Charlie Isaac

Alfie Christopher (the combo I had :) )
Alfie Parker
Alfie Joseph
Alfie Hector
Alfie William
Alfie Ryan
Alfie Nathan
Alfie Edmund
Alfie Matthew / Matthias

OMG COOKIES!! :D

Thanks a bunch Remy :-)

I like:
Charlie Samuel, Charlie Finn, Charlie Benjamin/Bennett, Alfie Joseph, Alfie Hector, Alfie William, Alfie Ryan, Alfie Matthew :-)

Thanks a whole heap guys, you really helped a lot. I'm still open to more opinions and suggestions so feel free to leave them behind in exchange for cookies.

*leaves cookies*

Hannah ♥

• Remy Hadley likes this

#7 Remy Hadley

Remy Hadley

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • 7,889 posts
  • Interests:♥ baby names ♥ pasta ♥ sherlock holmes ♥ knitting / crocheting ♥ hiking ♥ dogs ♥ sea creatures ♥ birds ♥ nature documentaries ♥ peaceful parenting ♥ cooking ♥

Posted 15 February 2013 - 11:42 PM

Thanks a bunch Remy :-)

I like:
Charlie Samuel, Charlie Finn, Charlie Benjamin/Bennett, Alfie Joseph, Alfie Hector, Alfie William, Alfie Ryan, Alfie Matthew :-)

Thanks a whole heap guys, you really helped a lot. I'm still open to more opinions and suggestions so feel free to leave them behind in exchange for cookies.

*leaves cookies*

Hannah ♥

I'm glad I could help at all!! Its almost 1 am and I'm suppose to work tomorrow morning so I'll reply in the morning / after work depending on if I actually wake up early haha! But I'm glad you at least liked some. Hopefully tomorrow morning I'll magically have some perfect suggestions haha!!

Anything for cookies!! ;) HAHA! Jk, jk! But I do love me some cookies :D

#8 The Future Mrs B

The Future Mrs B

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,094 posts
  • Interests:Music, names and my friends.

Posted 16 February 2013 - 10:56 PM

Mike didn't like Alfie at all, unfortunately. And he kept saying something about a tuna named Charlie?

Charlie is the name of the mascot for Star Kist tuna.
  • Remy Hadley likes this

#9 Remy Hadley

Remy Hadley

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • 7,889 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 11:34 AM

Charlie is the name of the mascot for Star Kist tuna.

Lmao that makes sense :') haha!

Hmm, more middle name suggestions.. again, I apologize for repeats :P

Charie August / Augustus
Charlie Avery
Charlie Keaton
Charlie Edmund
Charlie Maverick

Alfie George
Alfie Tyler
Alfie Laurence

Ahh gotta help my friend with cleanup.. but theres a few :/ I'll have to remember to come back again and post more lol!!

#10 Laugh-Dream-Love

Laugh-Dream-Love

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 10,811 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 12:26 PM

Lmao that makes sense :') haha!

Hmm, more middle name suggestions.. again, I apologize for repeats :P

Charie August / Augustus
Charlie Avery
Charlie Keaton
Charlie Edmund
Charlie Maverick

Alfie George
Alfie Tyler
Alfie Laurence

Ahh gotta help my friend with cleanup.. but theres a few :/ I'll have to remember to come back again and post more lol!!

Thanks again! I like a few of these names, but I think I've now pretty much decided on which combos I want :)

Charlie/Alfie Graeme Keith

Charlie/Alfie James

- Do you think I should carry on with double middles, seeing as I want my first son to have a double middle name, or does it not matter?

Also, I've been re-doing my lists, and wanted your opinions on these combos please :)

- Winona/Tabitha/Ophelia Pearl

- Alice Margot

- Temperance Ruby

- Hector Andrew

All middles are honoring :)

Thanks in advance wonderful people!

Hannah ♥

#11 Katie-Nana

Katie-Nana

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Super Moderators
  • 6,652 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 12:38 PM

Thanks again! I like a few of these names, but I think I've now pretty much decided on which combos I want :)

Charlie/Alfie Graeme Keith

Charlie/Alfie James

- Do you think I should carry on with double middles, seeing as I want my first son to have a double middle name, or does it not matter?

Also, I've been re-doing my lists, and wanted your opinions on these combos please :)

- Winona/Tabitha/Ophelia Pearl

- Alice Margot

- Temperance Ruby

- Hector Andrew

All middles are honoring :)

Thanks in advance wonderful people!

Hannah ♥

I've been playing around with double middle names as well and am trying to decide the same thing. :\ I think if one name is honoring and the other isn't then it makes sense two have one name with two middles and another with just one. Especially if the names were similar in other ways: Sebastian Philip & Stephen John Paul.

I LOVE Alice Margot! :)
Temperance Ruby is nice, although I think it sounds a bit better as Ruby Temperance.
As for the Pearl combos. I think Tabitha Pearl sounds the best. I do love Ophelia! Maybe with another middle.
Hector Andrew is very handsome.
  • Laugh-Dream-Love likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: charlie, alfie, graeme, keith, babynames, boysnames, questions, opinions

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users