Photo

Jett, Jettlin, Jettlen, Jettlon or Maybe get on a Jet and forget about it?

boy names

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 hawynne

hawynne

Aspiring Baby Namer

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 04:19 PM

Hi!

I am having a baby boy in October and LOVE LOVE the name Jettlin, but i've gotten some comments from the peanut gallery about it being too "girly." The full name would be Jettlin James Chalup - Comments?

Any other longer names which start with Jett and which aren't Jethro, or Jettson?

Thanks!
Jett's baby mama

#2 Jay.

Jay.

Superstar Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 697 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 04:54 PM

I actually adore Jettlan, with this spelling, I think it makes it a little more manly.

• hawynne likes this

#3 BabyNameRater

BabyNameRater

Legendary Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,669 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 06:12 PM

It sounds like it could definitely become a unisex name like Quinn, Elliot or Bailey. But It does look like a name that would end up on my Guilty Pleasure list given the right combo. I do like it, but it's not my favorite name in the world either. If you are concerned with how people may take it, perhaps use it as a middle name? I went by my middle name for over 15 years and it never caused problems like I've heard some people say it does. :) Good Luck

#4 hawynne

hawynne

Aspiring Baby Namer

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 07:03 PM

Holy moly why didn't I think of Jettlan? It gives it the same sound with a more "dude" vibe! He was kicking the tar out of me and I said he was acting like Jet Li....and then it struck us! I love the NN Jett but wanted something longer for a better flow. James is the middle name of his dad and late grandfather.....hence looking for a first name ;$

Thanks so much!

#5 Katie-Nana

Katie-Nana

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,652 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 11:00 AM

Hm. I'm not so sure about Jettlon/Jettlan, It is a bit too similar to Gelatin to me.

What about...

Jettison
Jettland
Jetter
Jettinger
Jetsam
Jetton/Jeton

?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: boy names

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users