Photo

Can't decide on our second girl's name!

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Poll: Girls names (22 member(s) have cast votes)

Which do you like best?

1. Celeste Frances (3 votes [13.64%])

Percentage of vote: 13.64%

2. Scarlet Frances (13 votes [59.09%])

Percentage of vote: 59.09%

3. Cadence Leann (6 votes [27.27%])

Percentage of vote: 27.27%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 SunnySideUp

SunnySideUp

Aspiring Baby Namer

• Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Interests:Scrapbooking, crafts, and spending time with my wonderful family. I'm quite blessed!

Posted 22 January 2009 - 02:20 AM

Hello everyone! I'm a frequent lurker here as of lately since my husband and I have been trying to name our second daughter. I'm sure you all are used to people popping in out of no where, asking for advice. :) Our first daughter, who is two, was sooo much easier to name. When we found out she was a she... we both knew the exact name, and we both loved it right away! Madelyn Elizabeth is her name.

Now with this little girl, we can't settle! She's due to arrive in March, so I know we have a little while before having to choose, but I'm such a planner... I'd like to know now so I can stop worrying about it and start doing cute crafts with her name! :)

These are our three top choices, although hubby isn't TOO hip on Celeste... it just happens to be my favorite so it has stuck it out thus far. Frances is a family name that we'd like to use for a middle name, but doesn't seem to go with Cadence.. so Leann is another family name on the board.

Any suggestions or advice is greatly appreciated and welcomed! Thanks in advance!

#2 rhaego

rhaego

Epic Baby Namer

• Charter Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,896 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 09:16 AM

I absolutely love Cadence. It's great on a little girl as well as a professional adult. Plus, Madelyn and Cadence are so sweet together. :) I like Leanne better with an 'e' on the end, because I think it looks more complete that way, but if this spelling of Leann is the way it's spelled in your family, that's fine too. It compliments Cadence nicely. :) Good luck!

#3 Antelope

Antelope

Star Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 496 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 02:46 PM

I disagree with Cadence. I actually think that Scarlett is the perfect choice

I think it fits that old but hip like Madelyn. Cadence is kinda sore thumb (it being a completely different style).
I love the idea of using a family name such as Frances (which is a beautiful middle name). I only like Leann as a first name to be honest.

Madelyn Elizabeth and Scarlett Frances are beautiful together.

#4 Fez

Fez

Epic Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • 2,357 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 04:17 PM

Scarlet Frances is so beautiful! It goes perfectly with Madelyn Elizabeth. They have the same style, both fns are modern without being trendy and their mns are classic.

#5 Sprinkles

Sprinkles

Star Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 07:16 PM

I have to agree with the last two posters..I love Scarlett Frances! Frances is one of my favorite names and it goes so well with Scarlett. Madelyn and Scarlett make an adorable sibset.

#6 SunnySideUp

SunnySideUp

Aspiring Baby Namer

• Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Interests:Scrapbooking, crafts, and spending time with my wonderful family. I'm quite blessed!

Posted 23 January 2009 - 01:31 PM

Well, that is definitely my husband's favorite choice out of the three. I've slowly been falling more and more in love with it, so it will likely be our next daughter's name. Thanks so much for the advice!! :)

#7 Remy Hadley

Remy Hadley

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,886 posts
  • Interests:♥ baby names ♥ pasta ♥ sherlock holmes ♥ knitting / crocheting ♥ hiking ♥ dogs ♥ sea creatures ♥ birds ♥ nature documentaries ♥ peaceful parenting ♥ cooking ♥

Posted 24 January 2009 - 06:49 PM

I love Scarlett Frances! Beautiful! And Madelyn Elizabeth is gorgeous, btw. GL!

#8 Smile

Smile

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 1,098 posts

Posted 25 January 2009 - 03:28 PM

Definitely Celeste Frances. It's so beautiful and so underused!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users