• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 jbutcher

jbutcher

Aspiring Baby Namer

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 09:40 AM

Hi i was wondering if you people out there could give me any feed back on the names we picked for aur second child. My son is named Charles William Wood "Charlie" and he is named after grandpas. We loved his name and wanted to name our second child with a name that started with a C. We have picked Camille Fe` for a girl and Couper Ryde for a boy what are your thoughts on theese names any feedback would be great

#2 Katie-Nana

Katie-Nana

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,652 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 10:31 AM

I think Charlie & Camille -or- Charlie & Couper sound great together!

Would Fe be pronounced like Fay or Fee? I think Camille Fe "FAY" is lovely. However, I'm not a huge fan of Couper Ryde especially with these spellings. Couper spelled with the U brings to mind a type of car (coupe), and where that wouldn't normally be a problem for me, pairing it with Ryde sounds like you are saying he rides around in a coupe.

I would suggest changing the middle name. Maybe ...

Couper Reid
Couper Rhys (Reece)
Couper Riley
Couper Wade
Couper Hyde
Couper Rydel

#3 Puppylover12397

Puppylover12397

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,184 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 10:53 AM

I would put in perhaps the spelling of Cooper instead of Couper. It's a little more appealing and leaves a lesser chance of being mispronouced. I would suggest Ryder instead of Ryde. As well as the suggestions above for other male middle names our very nice. Secondly, I love Camille. I like the middle name of Fe if pronouced as Fay, I also personally love the middle name Rose with Camille. Just a suggestion ;)

#4 jbutcher

jbutcher

Aspiring Baby Namer

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 11:59 AM

Thank you for all of the wonderful suggestions. Fe` is mine and my mothers middle name and Camille is my hubbys moms name. I am trying to talk my hubby into changeing the spelling of Couper beacuse of it being a car but that is why he likes it so idk. I am not a huge fan of Ryde either Ryder is much much better thank you

#5 ADedicatedNameologist!

ADedicatedNameologist!

Notable Baby Namer

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 12:26 PM

Fe means Faith, right? Why not Camille Faith? Or another C first name? However, better luck picking another F middle name. If your last name, Wood, is only 1 syllable, a 1 syllable first or middle name will sound abrupt and choppy.

Carina
Caterina
Carissa
Chiara (pronounced KEE-AHR-AH)
Caitlin
Catherine

Fionna
Phoebe (not an F name, but has the f sound0
Freesia
Finley
Fayanna
Fianna

I don't think being named after a car is so bad, unless you associate it w/ teen mom names, a la Bentley. If it bothers you that much, why not just call him COOPER? It'll have the same pronunciation as Couper. Ryde just looks...odd. Did you mean to say RYDER? Back to the drawing board, b/c Ryder and Cooper have the same ending, and the Rs run into each other. Try saying Couper Ryde and you'll see what I mean :P

(Long)Middle names for Cooper:

Harrison
Nicholas
Antonio
Benjamin
Maximilian
Vincent
Donovan

#6 jbutcher

jbutcher

Aspiring Baby Namer

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 02:28 PM

If it is a girl I want her to have the same middle name as her mommy and grandma Fe` is the middle name for sure but thank you for your suggsestion

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users